What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

With Shaylee Bent moving to the Titans, even if it was Fifita he would more than likely join Bennett at the Dolphins.
Points more towards Brimson, but every off season there is always someone who agitates for a release.
Whoever it is, Bennett will be all over them, unless we open that war chest and throw an amount of $$$$ at the player they cannot say no to.

TheRev

First Grade
Dolphins have quite a few 2nd rowers (and props).. would be surprised if thats his target, I imagine he would not be leaving the Titans to play prop.. it would have to be a 2nd row position.

Perhaps Verrills makes more sense.. we must be targeting someone post Woolford.

TheRev

First Grade
Is Ben Woolf still with us, or gone? He is close to the Brimsons....having coached at Tweed Heads.
I found this, but I cant recall what actual job Woolf is doing, but he has 1yr on his contract:
"The new season Dragons have returned to WIN Stadium as preparations got underway for their 2024 campaign and the players were welcomed by head coach Shane Flanagan senior NRL assistant coach Dean Young and returning NRL assistant coaches Ryan Carr and Ben Woolf."

possm

Coach
I found this, but I cant recall what actual job Woolf is doing, but he has 1yr on his contract:
"The new season Dragons have returned to WIN Stadium as preparations got underway for their 2024 campaign and the players were welcomed by head coach Shane Flanagan senior NRL assistant coach Dean Young and returning NRL assistant coaches Ryan Carr and Ben Woolf."
Carr is the attack coach, Wolf is the defense coach and Young is waiting in the wings to be head coach.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
There was a rumour around November early December that a player at the Titans wasn't happy with a positional switch, reading between the lines back then, it sounded like AJ Brimson, maybe the same rumour resurfacing again..

dungay dragon

Juniors
Wouldnt be a 2024 player swap for hunt cause we cant afford to lose him whatsoever.. but could be the dogs or raiders chasing Fifita... .. but never know it might not be Fifita, it could be Brimson... who we would take in a heartbeat.
The comments made suggest it is Fifita and was asking for an immediate release.
More to unfold in coming days
No possible future Club was mentioned,but as i stated earlier,we r one of the few with surplus cash

BLM01

First Grade
Raiders would be a chance although they did just sign Hosking so I'm not sure they would be posturing for an immediate release for Fifita. He does have the clause in his contract that he can leave at the end of this year if he's not happy there. Bulldogs I can't see, they've got Kikau and Preston in the second row already. If it is Fifita he'd be a good buy for us if in fact we're even in for him. Wouldn't be shocked completely if it was Brimson either. Possibly Verrills too if he wants a return to Sydney?
Brimson wants to be fullback

Parko1310

Juniors
Brimson wants to be fullback
If it's the case that the player is Brimson, he'll probably end up at the Dogs. Another back that can play 3 or 4 positions. Perfect. In all seriousness though, not sure we'd be winning the race to Brimson. Better teams than us need to fill a spot in their backline. Plus, if he's looking for a release now, he's already got a deal somewhere.

TheRev

First Grade
Jeremiah Simbiken being shopped around by the Dolphins (young 2nd rower on a dev contract), so it will free up funds for Fifita, but they need to get a spot free'd in their Top 30 also.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Problem for swapping hunt is who would be our halves? Bird/Flanno

If Hunt goes to the titans it means Tannah Boyd is out of the team. I can't see us rolling with only Flanno as our halves option. So, it would mean someone like Hunt for Tannah Boyd + someone else? Would love for it to be Brimson or even Beau Fermor.

I highly doubt any moves happen this late into the pre-season but if Hunt wants to leave then plenty of teams will be chasing him.

Latest posts