What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Yeah I have Dolphins over them.

Not sure Walsh's head will fit in his jersey this year
Yes, it amuses me how the Broncos supporters and their personal media have Walsh so high on the pedestal.

With the old adage of you're only as good as your last game ringing loudly in my ears, then Walsh is set for one line break and a half dozen dumb things leading to mistakes on his GF efforts.

But I'm sure the Broncos personal media will report he has had a fantastic pre season and he is ready to be the Dally M and lead the Broncos to the premiership blah blah blah...

Iamback

Coach
Yes, it amuses me how the Broncos supporters and their personal media have Walsh so high on the pedestal.

With the old adage of you're only as good as your last game ringing loudly in my ears, then Walsh is set for one line break and a half dozen dumb things leading to mistakes on his GF efforts.

But I'm sure the Broncos personal media will report he has had a fantastic pre season and he is ready to be the Dally M and lead the Broncos to the premiership blah blah blah...

Their coach is a 56 year old who still refers to himself as Kevvie... He won't reign him in to allow that

MugaB

Coach

Im sure new tales of white powder will get swept under the large bronco rug yet again, slap on the wrist, on your way, reecey boy, funny thing was i was a huge fan of him, at the warriors, as soon as a he returned to the broncos, he has turned into the biggest loose twat

soc123_au

Staff member

Lightweight Latrell. Only good on one side of the ball.

maple_69

Bench
Brisbane have three main challenges to overcome to be at the pointy end once again.
1. Avoiding the sophomore slump - plenty of their guys had breakthrough seasons and replicating that is never easy
2. Responding to heartbreak the right way - we did it but plenty of sides are just torpedoed by losing a crushing grand final. Our friends at Parra for example and that wasn't even a contest.
3. Go forward - They've lost 2 of their top 4 metre-makers. It looks like the same positional subtractions as us, but those guys both were super important to their go forward (ours not so much). Others are going to have to step up big time or Haas will be a lone hand and he'll get swamped by complete packs like ours.

Fangs

Coach
Broncos have lost a lot of experience combined with Capewell, Flegler and Farnworth gone. I'm not sure they have the balance right,

Reynolds potentially last year of NRL. Pressure will be on to win a comp this year.

Lightweight Latrell. Only good on one side of the ball.
Yes, he does have an over-active ego like Lattrell.
My take on him is he still thinks he's the superstar U/12 player that will win games by himself.
Some of the low percentage selfish stuff works against bottom sides but the top sides can limit him, just like Lattrell and Cody Walker were man handled most of last year.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Yes, he does have an over-active ego like Lattrell.
My take on him is he still thinks he's the superstar U/12 player that will win games by himself.
Some of the low percentage selfish stuff works against bottom sides but the top sides can limit him, just like Lattrell and Cody Walker were man handled most of last year.
Walsh reminds me of a slightly more talented version of Jarrod Sammut

hindy111

Post Whore
Walsh reminds me of a slightly more talented version of Jarrod Sammut

Walsh is the best attacking fullback I've seen since Slater and Teddy in their prime. He is exceptional.
His issue is defense. In the final series he let in a atleast 2 or 3 try's I recall and at the time thinking half the fullbacks in NRL stop these.
Many fans miss players overall game. That includes positioning and defense. Walsh as a defensive fullback is bottom 5. He needs to improve here. It will go unnoticed untill Brisbane start losing a few games.

betcats

Referee
They were both responsible for losing the unlosable.

Patty with his ball drop and A Rey with his bamboozling game management decisions.

A Reynolds more than anyone imo. Pat had a great game overall. Reynolds didnt do much most of the game and when we were coming for them at the end he made bad decisions more than good.