What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

TheRev

First Grade
They journo may have just taken the current salary of 900k x 3yrs = 2.7mil as a quick headline.

By all accounts the cowboys are paying a part for year 1 and 2.. plus its a mid-season transfer (he has been paid 400k already).. so I dont think anyone in the media has the real numbers.

TheRev

First Grade
considering Dragons offered Sua a lot less than this id count him as gone
I could see from his first run last week, he's giving 120%.. clearly focussed on playing his absolute best footy early season to see if he can increase his new contract price.

He is entitled to do that ofcourse, but yes you couldnt imagine him taking less than Leilua's contract.

TheRev

First Grade
Unless of course he doesn’t have a higher offer elsewhere. Wonder how much Wayne would be willing to spend on him.
If he got a remotely comparable offer from a more successful club, its something I am sure he would consider.. but hopefully he's relatively happy here under the new coach.. and Wayne is gone next year.. so maybe that draw card is not as strong anymore.

Newcomerfan01

Juniors
If he got a remotely comparable offer from a more successful club, its something I am sure he would consider.. but hopefully he's relatively happy here under the new coach.. and Wayne is gone next year.. so maybe that draw card is not as strong anymore.
Problem we face now is - no matter how much cows are paying for this season - LL is getting paid $900K and his second row partner $250-300K less (going off a report posted earlier on the amount of players current contracts - if that has merit). And we are in negotiations with him. Bad timing imo. However I do like the pairing of LL and Sua as our second rowers if both play to their potentials

Newcomerfan01

Juniors
Problem we face now is - no matter how much cows are paying for this season - LL is getting paid $900K and his second row partner $250-300K less (going off a report posted earlier on the amount of players current contracts - if that has merit). And we are in negotiations with him. Bad timing imo. However I do like the pairing of LL and Sua as our second rowers if both play to their potentials
Unless of course we dont know everything and Sua isnt staying, hence LL signing and paying overs.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I’m not sure many clubs will be fighting for Sua for 2025 at $900k pa like Luc

Reality is that LUC is actually closer to $750kish pa due to Cowboys payments to date.

Pretty good value for a game breaker.

They are different players and I’d like to have both but maybe Sua wants to be up in qld again?

Or 100% in the city?

Hope he stays but we have had an offer on the table for some time supposedly

Maybe we have only offered two years to Sua ?

Last edited:

Parko1310

Juniors
I’m not sure many clubs will be fighting for Sua for 2025 at $900k pa like Luc

Reality is that Sua is actually closer to $750kish pa due to Cowboys payments to date.

Pretty good value for a game breaker.

They are different players and I’d like to have both but maybe Sua wants to be up in qld again?

Or 100% in the city?

Hope he stays but we have had an offer on the table for some time supposedly

Maybe we have only offered two years to Sua ?
From what I can tell Su'a has indicated to the club he wants to stay but wants more money than we're currently offering. Thought he told them he would let his football do the talking and earn an upgraded offer

DfL

Juniors
So with the Luc signing, this is how I would like to see the team line up going in to round 1. What would you change?

1. Lomax
2. Sloan
3. Bird
4. Suli
5. Rava
6. Marshke
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. Flanno
10. F Molo
11. Luciano
12. Sua
13. JDB
14. Liddle (on at 30 mins for flanno because we need a punch)
15. Sele
16. Eisnhuth
17. RFM or Fafita for punch

justadragon

Bench
So with the Luc signing, this is how I would like to see the team line up going in to round 1. What would you change?

1. Lomax
2. Sloan
3. Bird
4. Suli
5. Rava
6. Marshke
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. Flanno
10. F Molo
11. Luciano
12. Sua
13. JDB
14. Liddle (on at 30 mins for flanno because we need a punch)
15. Sele
16. Eisnhuth
17. RFM or Fafita for punch
Pretty happy with your selections DfL, still not convinced that Bird should be in the centres.

DfL

Juniors
Pretty happy with your selections DfL, still not convinced that Bird should be in the centres.
If I’m honest, I am not either. I feel as though I seen enough last week to want to see how he goes this week. If he improves even more from last week I will give him the tick for the meanwhile. He looks the fittest he has been in a long time also.

As error riddled he is sometimes, he brings an attacking spark with ball in hand and can often break tackles. If he is fit and firing I think we are better off.

Not saying that I can see this happen but I’m willing to give flanno snr the benefit of the doubt that he can get the best out of birdy

justadragon

Bench
If I’m honest, I am not either. I feel as though I seen enough last week to want to see how he goes this week. If he improves even more from last week I will give him the tick for the meanwhile. He looks the fittest he has been in a long time also.

As error riddled he is sometimes, he brings an attacking spark with ball in hand and can often break tackles. If he is fit and firing I think we are better off.

Not saying that I can see this happen but I’m willing to give flanno snr the benefit of the doubt that he can get the best out of birdy
Yep agree, I dont think the opposition centre put him under a lot of pressure last week. We shall see what happens if he has to chase laterally.

Yep got him by all accounts on a deal that looks good for us.

By good for us it is what he was earning at the Cows and the term is suitable.
Yep Lucie is officially coming home. A good deal for us. Betting we were always his club of choice having grown up here, so when he realized he needed to back down on his original asking price he was ready to accept whatever we were offering. Only @500K the first season and then less than 700K the remainder. Welcome back Lucie or is he now better known as Luc or Luke. Whatever the name he will be a huge attacking asset on our edge.