What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R1 v Titans.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I remember when Desi was at the Dogs he definitely had the wood on Saints and looked up the scores. Dogs won 11 to Saints 1.

Desi - Dogs 2012 - 2017
2012 - Dogs 30 - Saints 4, Dogs 28 - Saints 20
2013 - Dogs 16 - Saints 14, Dogs 39 - Saints 20
2014 - Dogs 6 - Saints 38
2015 - Saints 31 - Dogs 6, Dogs 29 - Saints 16, Finals game Dogs 11 - Saints 10 (Poor Benji got taken out that game from memory and Brett Morris scored the a try to equal - terrible night for the Dragons)
2016 - Dogs 34 - Saints 16, Dogs 13 - Saints 10
2017 - Dogs 16 - Saints 2 and Dogs 26 - Saints 20

When he was at Manly it was not as dominant but had the slight edge on Saints.

Victoire

Juniors
I remember when Desi was at the Dogs he definitely had the wood on Saints and looked up the scores. Dogs won 11 to Saints 1.

Desi - Dogs 2012 - 2017
2012 - Dogs 30 - Saints 4, Dogs 28 - Saints 20
2013 - Dogs 16 - Saints 14, Dogs 39 - Saints 20
2014 - Dogs 6 - Saints 38
2015 - Saints 31 - Dogs 6, Dogs 29 - Saints 16, Finals game Dogs 11 - Saints 10 (Poor Benji got taken out that game from memory and Brett Morris scored the a try to equal - terrible night for the Dragons)
2016 - Dogs 34 - Saints 16, Dogs 13 - Saints 10
2017 - Dogs 16 - Saints 2 and Dogs 26 - Saints 20

When he was at Manly it was not as dominant but had the slight edge on Saints.
Not surprised Hasler had a huge winning percentage over Price & McGregor

kit66

Bench
Flanno has some big decisions to make over the next two weeks.

I think most of last nights starting 13 will get the nod, the only exception being maybe Eisenhuth to the bench and Luc to left flank (Su'a to right). The bench will be interesting. Do we know why Sele is out, slight niggle or something more serious ? Does he bring Sele and Luc straight in or give them a run in cup to test their fitness ?

Parko1310

Juniors

I think most of last nights starting 13 will get the nod, the only exception being maybe Eisenhuth to the bench and Luc to left flank (Su'a to right). The bench will be interesting. Do we know why Sele is out, slight niggle or something more serious ? Does he bring Sele and Luc straight in or give them a run in cup to test their fitness ?
Sele and Luc will both play in round 1 you would think. Sele 100%, he's done the full pre season with our team. It was reported as just being a niggle for him and that he was in no doubt for round 1. I'd have both of them on the bench for the first round or two to get their fitness up to speed. The idea that Luc will come straight in to start is pretty unrealistic, he's been stood down from all cowboys duties and therefore hasn't even been doing much of an NRL pre season, let alone playing a trial match yet.

Victoire

Juniors
Hoping for good news on Liddle's hamstring. He backed up his strong showing against Souths with the best game of his entire career in that Tigers trial (aside from one bad pass). Behind an imperious forward pack he seems set to have a banner year... if he can keep the injury curse at bay.

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
We never won one away game last year, I think things are different now, I am really keen to see how our defence and attack shape up in a proper game, not trial. If their aggression (without going over the top) and intensity holds up, we will definitely be in with a show, either way it will be close. Go the Dragons !!!

redv13

Bench
Attitude, attack, defence, fitness, discipline has already improved after 2 trial games. Keep that up and they will win more games than last year easily. I was very happy with the overall performance on Saturday night.

The whole squad looked happy, plenty of smiles and they were supportive of each other. Can’t ask for much more. They will go better than most expect in 2024

randomdragon

Juniors

sele has bad calves, hence why he hasn't played 20+ games consistently in his career. it was always a risk when buying him he would miss a fair few games

BIG RIG

Juniors
The Team I Would Pick for RD 1

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Zac Lomax
3. Moses Suli
4. Jack Bird
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Kyle Flanagan
7. Ben Hunt
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Francis Molo
11. Jaydn Su’a
12. Luciano Leilua
13. Jack De Belin
BENCH
14. Jesse Marschke
15. Raymond Faitala - Mariner
16. Hame Sele
17. Villiami Fifita

kit66

Bench

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Zac Lomax
3. Moses Suli
4. Jack Bird
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Kyle Flanagan
7. Ben Hunt
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Francis Molo
11. Jaydn Su’a
12. Luciano Leilua
13. Jack De Belin
BENCH
14. Jesse Marschke
16. Hame Sele
17. Villiami Fifita

The only changes I'd make to that line-up would involve bringing in Eisenhuth for Luc until we get a handle on Luc's fitness with maybe a run in reserves. And if Luc is fit then Eisenhuth in for Fifita. We want to get some early momentum with our best possible side (with a focus on defence) then bring Fifita in for games against average packs to get him acclimatized slowly, no need to rush.
I'd also leave Su'a on the left until Luc is ready.

Last edited:

SnowDragon

Juniors

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Zac Lomax
3. Moses Suli
4. Jack Bird
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Kyle Flanagan
7. Ben Hunt
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Francis Molo
11. Jaydn Su’a
12. Luciano Leilua
13. Jack De Belin
BENCH
14. Jesse Marschke
16. Hame Sele
17. Villiami Fifita

mmm, Looked great till I realised no Eisenhuth. I think he ranks above Fifita at this stage. Not sure on where Luc is, maybe bring Luc off the bench till we know where he is at? Or be prepared to replace him with Eisenhuth, and have 2 power periods for Luc? Either way, I’m sure Flanno knows best.

still questioning if jdb should be lock. Heard this may go to Sele? Or RFM? And jdb into the prop rotation? Thoughts?

michael molo unlucky to miss out. Couchmans to develop a while in reserves, but good fill-ins when we have injuries or just need to rest guys

TheRev

First Grade
Leilua is tricky, he hasnt had the off-season training with us.. but he does have 2 weeks, so thats a decent chunk of time.. hopefully he was at training yesterday?

The other tricky one is which side of the field Lomax/Rava will end up.. tbh they didnt get tested defensively last week, so its hard to know.

FlickFlano

Juniors
There is a reason we bought RFM when we had eisenhuth and kids already .. RFM should be used as an edge who can play middle not a full time middle

Likewise there is a reason we bought Leilua

Comparing Fifita to eisenhuth is again a little odd. … big middle vs edge who can middle a bit

also that Fifita for 20 min a game gives you so much more than eusenhuth for the same time - it’s future development

lawrie
Liddle
Frank
SuA
Luc/Rfm
jdb

Muhl/marschke (pls recruit here)
Sele
Fifita
RFM/luc

18. Eisenhuth

RFM in the tigers game was great .. the cover/communication the try assist the defensive efforts … will be a great buy for us …

TheRev

First Grade
If Flanno had the gift of hindsight I think he would have played it differently.. he essentially had to make the best decision at the time.. to salvage 2024, not knowing if he could do better.. and lets be honest RFM & Luciano came along very very late.. and.. if we had of been desperate, but we probably don't get the prices we got for them.

The 2nd Row Timeline recruitment timeline has been, Flanno clearly wanted upgrades:

1) Jul 2023: Egan moved into 2025 Top30 + 2024 Dev Squad
1) Sep 9 2023: Russell extended for 2024
3) Sep 20 2023: Halangahu added to 2025 Top30
4) Nov 1 2023: Starts chasing Luki & Finefeuiaki
(with possible early release in mind).
5) Nov 28 2023: Eisenhuth purchased
6) Nov 30 2023: Billy Burns released
7) January 2024: RFM purchased
8) February 2024: Leilua purchased

If we could have predicted the future.. I think we would have skipped Eisenhuth/Russell and gone after a Fullback and Hooker instead... but you have to remember that up until 3 months ago, we could have been looking at Burns or Russell as our starting 2nd rower.. and Eisenhuth might well play half the season yet.. only takes 1 or 2 injuries and all bets are off.

FlickFlano

Juniors
Agree on Russell .. probs went off a bit early there and he has been tapped to move on if he can find another gig.

eisenhuth is a solid get regardless

we have gone after 1/9 and I expect we still are .. Tracey/allan plus woolford and Volkman with kyle shifting

If a 1/6/9 emerge I expect us to be on the market for them with the likes of Russell or Turner moved on