What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

The Patriots weren't exactly clean during the dynasty.

The balanced schedule was nullified by Billy B ensuring his division opponents were weak. Six gimme games a year made it easy to get a top 2 seed and a week off in the play offs.

That said still a ridiculous run.

The current Chiefs are also pretty nuts. Four SBs in five years despite shedding serious talent due to the cap.
I’m intrigued by how you think Belichick ensured his division opponents were weak?

Munky

Coach
I’m intrigued by how you think Belichick ensured his division opponents were weak?

He'd manipulate the draft via trades to get teams outside the division to take players before division rivals who also wanted them could.

Didn't happen often due to the Pats usually having a low pick though.

So the word "line" is only referring to drugs now?
So all them white things that mark out a footy field will be from now on referred to as "STRIPES", otherwise if a player gets to the line, he might be in trouble.

Absolutely disgraceful punishment for a "word".
I don’t like it but whoever wrote that post knew what they were inferring. They did it to be funny and it has backfired.

All seems a bit nanny state, but that is the Australia of 2023. It should go down as an expensive mistake for Mitch.

I agree. Kenny could also be referring to the boxing day sale line.
I did post that exact possibility when the debacle first hit the headline.
I'm in my 60's and remember being taught that words in the English language have many meanings and context determined what was meant.
Hence, Boxing Day is renowned for shopping lines.

SHAME NRL, SHAME.

Following the woke way of hijacking the English language will only be to their detriment.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
I don't mind Kenny getting stood down for a week but its strange that the 2 men having a drunken fight in public only attracts an undisclosed fine. ( under the new terms of the collective bargaining agreement).
Then they are allowed to fly to America and represent the game.

MugaB

Coach
So the word "line" is only referring to drugs now?
So all them white things that mark out a footy field will be from now on referred to as "STRIPES", otherwise if a player gets to the line, he might be in trouble.

Absolutely disgraceful punishment for a "word".
Serves you right MITCH, next time Cross that white line and score a fkg try, so those English Wigan Pommy Pricks could see it, none of this cant see the ball under all these bodies, can i have another angle please büllshit

Black Panther

Juniors

Munky

Coach
Let's take Mitch at his word, and that his friends stitched him up.
If that was me, those friends would have broken noses, and wouldn't be my friends much longer.
You don't f**k with someone's source of income.
In my day you just drew dicks with permanent marker on someone's face if they went to the bench early during a bender.

Bonus points for fine liner on the eye lids.