What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaint of racial abuse in Roosters v Broncos

no name

Coach
This isn't how it happened. The complaint was asked for first (at the start of the melee) then once it all simmered down, Gee called captains and Mam over, confirmed that he wanted to make the complaint, put Leniu on report and said it would be reviewed, dealt with later, time to get on with the game.

Think he dealt with it pretty well. He's not there to be an investigator mid-game.
It is how it happened. Mam and others told Gee what was said multiple times and he replied with let’s go, we’ll deal with it later, which as I said wasn’t a great reaction.
He then offered the formal complaint and sorted it out. I didn’t expect him to investigate mid game.

JokerEel

Coach
It is how it happened. Mam and others told Gee what was said multiple times and he replied with let’s go, we’ll deal with it later, which as I said wasn’t a great reaction.
He then offered the formal complaint and sorted it out. I didn’t expect him to investigate mid game.

Fairly sure he made the comment, "we will deal with it later" after he brought the 2 captains and Ma'am out to make it formal.

The Fox stream didn't show much else before hand.
-------------------------------------------

Never mind the video posted on page 2 you can hear the ref says we will deal with it later then ask do you want to make a formal complaint.

no name

Coach
Fairly sure he made the comment, "we will deal with it later" after he brought the 2 captains and Ma'am out to make it formal.

The Fox stream didn't show much else before hand.
You can hear the audio at the start of this video.

Can't really hear what is said, but multiple players immediately react.
It’s not a massive deal and got sorted in the end, just didn’t think it was a great initial reaction to the allegation.

I’m sure the squid didn’t hear anything either.

Watching him walk over to the ref was like watching the arsonist helping the fireys.

Unlike that idiot Spencer, he denied it for weeks didn’t he?

Spencer single handedly screwed the whole NRL mission with his nasty racial “fun and games” slur.

I thought the event would have been wrecked by drunken violence, drugs, assorted crime or something sleazy.

Three witnesses, their names on the line, big international event…. I would have sent him off.

Chimp

Bench
I think the Ref handled it quite well - he referenced it, but just wanted to move the game on. You can hear him talking about ‘the spectacle’, he’s clearly trying to protect the PR around the game, but knows it will be dealt with later - he didn’t want that to be the focus of everyone’s attention, and I think that’s fair enough (not withstanding racism has to be called out and dealt with severely).

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I suppose there is the small matter of what was actually said …….
You support the Roosters, don't you!

He's not guilty yet, but the interview with Read seemed to suggest something happened.

And holy shit, the Roosters PR guy should be fired. You put a guy who just *allegedly* made a racial comment, and has an IQ of 33, up for interview on the field directly after the game? Holy shit man. You take that man, and you pull him away with the power of 20 admin staff (if you can) right into the bowels of that stadium, and you let no journo near him.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Pretty telling he didn’t come out and deny it straight away, just brushed it off as fun and games
Which is why he should be banned for a fair while. They ban fans for life for racial abuse. Not only did he *allegedly* say it, he then didn't deny it, and not only that, chalked it up as fun and games. Now I realise that's probably just an off-handed phrase from a dumbarse, but that makes it worse again. Monkey? That's a funny name! Me make a funny with Ezra, the monkey man! That's disgusting, really.

Knowing the NRL and the fact the Roosters have one hand up their arse puppet-style, he might get a week and some counselling.

Vlad59

Juniors
J Peterman No GIF
Ignorant post

Vlad59

Juniors
You support the Roosters, don't you!

He's not guilty yet, but the interview with Read seemed to suggest something happened.

And holy shit, the Roosters PR guy should be fired. You put a guy who just *allegedly* made a racial comment, and has an IQ of 33, up for interview on the field directly after the game? Holy shit man. You take that man, and you pull him away with the power of 20 admin staff (if you can) right into the bowels of that stadium, and you let no journo near him.
No I don’t. I just happen to believe in due process. Nothings proven yet and he didn’t admit to anything regardless of how you choose to interpret it.

Vlad59

Juniors
You just don’t get it do you? There was nothing else gee could do at that time. He handled it well.

no name

Coach
You just don’t get it do you? There was nothing else gee could do at that time. He handled it well.
You don’t get it. I’ve explained my position numerous times and you still think I wanted further disciplinary action at the time.

Bazal

Post Whore
You don’t get it. I’ve explained my position numerous times and you still think I wanted further disciplinary action at the time.

There's always one hey? Lol. Pretty clear that Gee either didn't understand wtf Mam was saying or wanted to scoot past it.

Process to be followed etc. but given the other players' reaction and his own, it looks pretty damning for Leniu.

Deserves a lengthy rest and TBH, that's a good thing for the Chooks if he uses that time to sort his head out.
Before the monkey business even kicked off the knob was already up to his usual sh1t stirring antics with Riki. Meanwhile May was putting in a massive shift and showing the clown up.

Vlad59

Juniors
Process to be followed etc. but given the other players' reaction and his own, it looks pretty damning for Leniu.

Deserves a lengthy rest and TBH, that's a good thing for the Chooks if he uses that time to sort his head out.
Before the monkey business even kicked off the knob was already up to his usual sh1t stirring antics with Riki. Meanwhile May was putting in a massive shift and showing the clown up.
If after due process he is found to have racially abused a player he deserves a long stint on the sidelines

Latest posts