What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vegas/Rnd 1 thread.

Someone put the rating stats up in the main forum. Apparently the average viewing on FS1 on a Saturday night is 140k, over the year. It's not high time watching at this time of year.
The week before in the same timeslot the viewing was 68k, just for some perspective.

Stake Removed

First Grade
What does a successful outcome look like? Probably worse.
FS1 does not draw huge, even when WWE gets moved to FS1 from Fox there ratings crash.
What would be interesting to see how the NRL ratings would match up against say MLS or EPL.
The other thing is will be the key demographic 18-39 what percentage of them watched and also where did it finish on the night there.
I am PVL will get all the data.
It would be interesting to see how it rated as was directly against AEW programming for the night, they have a significant contract which is up for renewal, and we're leading into a massive PPV

Frenzy.

Immortal
I know mate.
I can't wait till they take a team over there who decides to play Flanno ball.
I have gut feel our mob will be there next year

I don't. I'm thinking Penrith, Storm, Warriors and Parramatta. Big fan bases apart from Melbourne but they bring big history. WIll also depend on who are premiers

I don't. I'm thinking Penrith, Storm, Warriors and Parramatta. Big fan bases apart from Melbourne but they bring big history. WIll also depend on who are premiers

Sharks bring big History too! Rich Historical Base , Tourist attraction , Beautifull Ocean views and access to surfing and fishing , Close to international airport, ...... break away from little bothers Stains leaving them forever consigned to ",merged scum "to never reach past glories, ..... recent ,No 1, fan international influencer , and member of Christian group popular in USA,---- Scomo ----! Engadine Maccas incident , Great for Marketing ! Nrl financial involvement in accommodation in the area , Porch lights ! Disappearance of Harold was Major international news , 2016!!! New developments , Fan base that maybe more inclined to travel here and O>S> Anyway Time will tell , Oh and whats to say we wont be Premiers or Minor Premiers ? Rooters look hard to go past with their depth but All rest look a little fragile with depth.

Tongue in cheek?... Maybe a little !:p

Last edited:
Im thinking Storm, Warriors ,Titans / Cowboys and Sharks . And storm could be on shaky ground given the cities infatuation with aerial pingpong .

Generalzod

Immortal
Someone put the rating stats up in the main forum. Apparently the average viewing on FS1 on a Saturday night is 140k, over the year. It's not high time watching at this time of year.
The week before in the same timeslot the viewing was 68k, just for some perspective.
Well it wasn't good, No matter how the NRL wants to spin it.

PJ

First Grade

Parra have a large base, but 50% or more wouldn't be able to travel due to either criminal convictions or not enough brain power to fill out a passport application.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Parra have a large base, but 50% or more wouldn't be able to travel due to either criminal convictions or not enough brain power to fill out a passport application.
And available cash $$$$$
As we are living in a cost of living crisis, hard to see how those out in the greater west (who the media continually ramp up as those in financial stress)could afford trip to Vegas, let alone a interstate game… then again maybe I’m just a fugging cynic

coolumsharkie

Referee
FS1 does not draw huge, even when WWE gets moved to FS1 from Fox there ratings crash.
What would be interesting to see how the NRL ratings would match up against say MLS or EPL.
The other thing is will be the key demographic 18-39 what percentage of them watched and also where did it finish on the night there.
I am PVL will get all the data.
It would be interesting to see how it rated as was directly against AEW programming for the night, they have a significant contract which is up for renewal, and we're leading into a massive PPV
IDK half of WTF you are TA Stake.

My comment though was more directed at bending the season proper to suit Yanksville. (If successful)

Generalzod

Immortal
And available cash $$$$$
As we are living in a cost of living crisis, hard to see how those out in the greater west (who the media continually ramp up as those in financial stress)could afford trip to Vegas, let alone a interstate game… then again maybe I’m just a fugging cynic
I don’t get it either why is it that every infrastructure project has to include the west new stadiums the power house museum when is the last time the St George//Sutherland Shire was given the same kind of consideration By any state Government, It’s all about the West.

Well it wasn't good, No matter how the NRL wants to spin it.

If they were the figures in the 3rd year of the venture then there would be a concern, pending on what gambling money is being brought in of course.
I'll take a guess and say by the 4th year the NRL would be hoping for a sell out crowd and over 100k TV/stream watchers.

Another perspective, Sydney Swans only get about 30k people watching their games on TV in Sydney. Perth get between 5-15k watching NRL.

PJ

First Grade
I don’t get it either why is it that every infrastructure project has to include the west new stadiums the power house museum when is the last time the St George//Sutherland Shire was given the same kind of consideration By any state Government, It’s all about the West.

Wife's family is from the Gong and less is spent there.

That is what happens when you live in an area where they have safe seats. No incentive to splash the cash.

jc155776

Coach
The whole Vegas venture was a junket.

The media giving hand jobs to PVL because they all got paid to go to Vegas.

I’d give Ghenghis Khan 5/5 for his people skills if he flew me to Vegas.

What a f**king waste of money. The true cost etc will never be revealed. Could have probably paid every juniors rego for a few years….

I f**king love Vegas by th way. But I’d never go to watch a game I can watch back home.

Combined crowd of 45k? Would have gotten that at Suncorp alone.

Generalzod

Immortal
The whole Vegas venture was a junket.

The media giving hand jobs to PVL because they all got paid to go to Vegas.

I’d give Ghenghis Khan 5/5 for his people skills if he flew me to Vegas.

What a f**king waste of money. The true cost etc will never be revealed. Could have probably paid every juniors rego for a few years….

I f**king love Vegas by th way. But I’d never go to watch a game I can watch back home.

Combined crowd of 45k? Would have gotten that at Suncorp alone.
Offcourse it was a junket, the rating show how disappointing it really was, why did they go there was it to grow the game or was it for the gambling dollar, Do you honestly think that you would get some Americans converted to Rugba league, most Americans wouldn’t even know where Australia is on a map.

DJDL

Bench
Offcourse it was a junket, the rating show how disappointing it really was, why did they go there was it to grow the game or was it for the gambling dollar, Do you honestly think that you would get some Americans converted to Rugba league, most Americans wouldn’t even know where Australia is on a map.

PVL has answered that a thousand times - objective number 1 was gambling revenue.
Everything else was an after thought.

I'll reserve judgement on the whole thing for a few years.
They've committed to 5 years so, hopefully, the numbers will start to grow.

Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

Generalzod

Immortal
PVL has answered that a thousand times - objective number 1 was gambling revenue.
Everything else was an after thought.

I'll reserve judgement on the whole thing for a few years.
They've committed to 5 years so, hopefully, the numbers will start to grow.

Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.
Offcourse I heard it as well, but if it was about growing the game why didn't FOX Sports Australia work out a broadcast deal with Fox America and promote the game.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Offcourse I heard it as well, but if it was about growing the game why didn't FOX Sports Australia work out a broadcast deal with Fox America and promote the game.
Well FOX 1 televised the games with FOXSports vision and commentators.

The next step is to have a game a week on Fox 1. Not everything will happen at once.

Latest posts