What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TLT vs Tigers - Easter Monday 🐣

the phantom menace

First Grade
Big vote of confidence in Talagi - step up son ☺️.

Sivo back in will be a plus I think - or at least it better be, given he's with us for a few more years yet. Another week for Harper, and in position above Simonsson returning through reggies.

Good to see Cartwright named, a chance of recovering in time for Monday. Otherwise there's options among the 22 men named.

I do predict we'll see some changes for game day though.

the phantom menace

First Grade
And Wests Tigers will trouble us if they turn up and play to their ability.

Api, Sezer/Galvin, Bula, and Olam can be dangerous, and Klemmer, Papali'i, and Bateman can bring on the bash if so inclined.

Gronk

Staff member
Great selections, it shows we know Sanders is leaving and we could only keep one of him and Blaize.
I am Glad to have Blaize as the young gun we keep long term.
Also great to see that BA recognises Asi is a solid nsw cup player and that's it.
Asi showed the world that some fringe NRL players can play up for one game and do fine. Ask them to do it for 3,4,5,6 games and they get exposed. I reckon Hands is in that category too.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Agree, but if we can cope with Manly, we can cope with what they dish up.
True, we should be able to... and the effort to claw back against Manly was awesome.

But will we play at that level two weeks in a row, or risk being sucked into complacency and end up with a struggle on our hands.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I quite like that selection of Talagi. I thought he did well despite that nervous start and I think his running game is good. Wouldnt surprise me if Gutho played that 5/8 role in attack during the game

Also surprised Carty was named given the reports but geez is he plays if would be awesome.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Asi showed the world that some fringe NRL players can play up for one game and do fine. Ask them to do it for 3,4,5,6 games and they get exposed. I reckon Hands is in that category too.
On what planet was Hands exposed.

The kid was in his 1st year of FG and carried his own. The backend of last year he was the least of our problems.

It was our superstar R&R committee that left us exposed in a spine position we had to rush Joey Lussick back from England with a month to go as no one else was available if Hands went down with HIA or copped any knock that would have ruled him out.

hindy111

Post Whore

The kid was in his 1st year of FG and carried his own. The backend of last year he was the least of our problems.

It was our superstar R&R committee that left us exposed in a spine position we had to rush Joey Lussick back from England with a month to go as no one else was available if Hands went down with HIA or copped any knock that would have ruled him out.

Hodgson the super signing was exposed

Gronk

Staff member

He's just a fill-in utility and I reckon his time at hooker in 2023 was OK at best bordering on below average, offering unimaginative shift-it. Joey is a significant improvement on Hands.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We don't know the full recovery of Simmonson from his concussion mate or whether he has a niggle they would rather manage via a stint in Reggies.
Yep. If they're not sure whether he will even finish the match he's better off not playing a grade that matters.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
salute-officer.gif | BigFooty Forum