What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

1. Gutherson
6. Talagi
7. Brown

Or

1. Talagi
6. Gutherson
7. Brown

Or

1. Gutherson
6. Matterson
7. Brown

Or

1. Gutherson
6. Asi
7. Brown

If there are no viable back-ups at the club, that would constitute a failure in recruitment, and roster-building, in my eyes.
Well, yeh that's what I said (that we had insufficient cover there and in the three-quarters...but of course the club would be hammered if we didn't retain Moses). I don't think any one of those selection choices are 'bad'. There's a reasonable argument for each. I don't think you can blame the coach (too much) for crazy selection decisions.

oldmancraigy

Coach
When do we have to have 30 players by?

My understanding (and I can't find the document showing this right now) is that you have to have 28 by Monday round 1, and 30 by June 30.

Also, clubs have to spend 97.5% of the cap (up from 95%).

From what I gather, we have 27 or 28 players currently in the top 30, and close to 800k to spend. So we would have to spend just over 500k by June 30 ok 2-3 guys.

I don't know how we could have 27 if the rule was 28 at round 1, BUT we may have fulfilled that rule, then cut some ties after it, and are allowed to be that limbo as long as we have 30 again by June 30.

Right. What other stuff do you find funny, Barry?
Watching animal fights on Youtube (honey badger v lion is good), Fawlty Towers, the joke about the young lady who went fishing with 12 blokes, the way chalk doesn't taste like cheese, Boxhead, the Fitzroy Hotel, Jonny Vegas, why you don't find white dog shit anymore, the fact that Peter Dutton is allowed to speak in public, farting, and some other things.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Watching animal fights on Youtube (honey badger v lion is good), Fawlty Towers, the joke about the young lady who went fishing with 12 blokes, the way chalk doesn't taste like cheese, Boxhead, the Fitzroy Hotel, Jonny Vegas, why you don't find white dog shit anymore, the fact that Peter Dutton is allowed to speak in public, farting, and some other things.

They're feisty buggers.

I'm also thinking of posting some flyers at the local shops advertising a 'bring your own dog' dog-fighting event at the local school oval every first Sunday of the month. Perhaps extending to fights between any house pets.I figured that would stir up the locals (it's a pretty lentil-based demographic), but some might actually believe it.

Soto

Bench
I'd take him...left winger and simo becomes left centre. Puts even more pressure on Sivo to aim up or pi$s off

MAUMALO’S TITANIC BLOW

Former Kiwi Test winger Ken Maumalo is fighting to save his NRL career after being told he is free to leave the Titans.

Maumalo is contracted to the Titans until the end of next season but has been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs.

Still only 29, the former Warriors and Wests Tigers winger has played 135 games across eight seasons of NRL and is determined not to retire, with Maumalo adamant he has more to offer.

Ken Maumalo has been told he is free to leave the Titans. Picture: NRL Photos

“Unfortunately Ken is surplus to requirements at the Titans and not getting a run,” said his agent Dixon McIver.

“It’s pretty hard on Ken, he is playing some good Queensland Cup footy for the Ipswich Jets.

“I believe he should be playing for the Titans, but he can’t force his way into their side.

“When he had a knee injury at the Tigers, everybody thought he was lame, but since the operation, he is fine and playing good football.

“We’ve been given permission to look around, so hopefully we can find another club because Ken loves playing the game and would be an asset with his experience.”

T.S Quint

Coach
I'd take him...left winger and simo becomes left centre. Puts even more pressure on Sivo to aim up or pi$s off

MAUMALO’S TITANIC BLOW

Former Kiwi Test winger Ken Maumalo is fighting to save his NRL career after being told he is free to leave the Titans.

Maumalo is contracted to the Titans until the end of next season but has been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs.

Still only 29, the former Warriors and Wests Tigers winger has played 135 games across eight seasons of NRL and is determined not to retire, with Maumalo adamant he has more to offer.

Ken Maumalo has been told he is free to leave the Titans. Picture: NRL Photos

“Unfortunately Ken is surplus to requirements at the Titans and not getting a run,” said his agent Dixon McIver.

“It’s pretty hard on Ken, he is playing some good Queensland Cup footy for the Ipswich Jets.

“I believe he should be playing for the Titans, but he can’t force his way into their side.

“When he had a knee injury at the Tigers, everybody thought he was lame, but since the operation, he is fine and playing good football.

“We’ve been given permission to look around, so hopefully we can find another club because Ken loves playing the game and would be an asset with his experience.”

Could score a try or two back at his best.
How close to his best could he be now though, and would it be better than what we have?
If we could sign him for close to minimum it might be worth it. Then again we might end stuck with another player in our squad who is well past his best and just taking up room.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, yeh that's what I said (that we had insufficient cover there and in the three-quarters...but of course the club would be hammered if we didn't retain Moses). I don't think any one of those selection choices are 'bad'. There's a reasonable argument for each. I don't think you can blame the coach (too much) for crazy selection decisions.

Tbh, I don't know why he put Talagi in First Grade - the kid is not ready for First Grade.

Soto

Bench
Could score a try or two back at his best.
How close to his best could he be now though, and would it be better than what we have?
If we could sign him for close to minimum it might be worth it. Then again we might end stuck with another player in our squad who is well past his best and just taking up room.
Only 29..better than all the other options and allows Simonsson to go to left centre instead of Harper