What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Rabbit Stew

Nicho is along way off his best imo he is missing Moylan as poor as Moylan was in large parts of his game his service and speed in attack was a huge contributor to how Nicho was playing.
Kennedy is another missing him.
FYI I don’t want Moylan back.

Nico still cant manage or shut out a game. Until he can master that they have NO chance of winning a comp if they think he is the main man.
You guys are not recognising the real role Nicho is playing, and how Fitz is playing him.

Fitz is growing a halves pairing.
That means Tricky has more responsibility than he has before.
The only way he can get that is if Nicho takes a back seat.
It's for the whole season, not one game.

ragzouken

Juniors
You guys are not recognising the real role Nicho is playing, and how Fitz is playing him.

Fitz is growing a halves pairing.
That means Tricky has more responsibility than he has before.
The only way he can get that is if Nicho takes a back seat.
It's for the whole season, not one game.
Nicho only injecting himself as needed and getting the team into good ball letting tricky build combos and confidence, nicho looks quiet but has been impresseive all year imo, even tigers game he had a shocker but his thinking was good

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Bit flat after the bye but good sides know how to win when they play poorly. Souths busted their arses under adversity. Not often when you can say a winger was the difference. Bank the two points and move onto the cows next week.

Chimp

Bench
A few points for me;

- Souths got some VERY sympathetic calls from the ref and bunker. The ‘disrupter’ call is absolute bollocks, we were pinged time and again (and often late in the tackle count) for bullshit 6 agains, whereas they appeared to be all over us on the ground and we got nadda….
- Overall, I don’t think we played with the speed or intensity I would have liked - we lumbered along. If we’d played harder and faster around the ruck, we’d have blown them off the park.
- Brailey was very good with the ball for 90 meters of the pitch again. But yet again, another game goes by without a single act of creativity when in the final 10 meters, not one attempt to burrow over, not 1 show 1 way and play the other, no attempted trick shot…. He’s just no threat at all and that’s a big reason we look so pedestrian and side to side in good ball position.
- Jesse was strong again I thought. I like what he’s doing this year.
- Wilton…. I’ve not been very impressed this year - he gives away some really dumb penalties/6 agains. (I might be being harsh here, but I’m just not seeing the same impact this year)
- Ultimately though, we got the win, but there’s still PLENTY to work on, both with and without the ball.

Craigshark

First Grade
I'd take that win every week. A win is a win. Emotive game and we always struggle in them. Most times lose them. It's another rung up the ladder to toughening the phuque up as far as I'm concerned. There was nothing going for the team in the lead up even while being under the radar. They would have had to have soaked up enormous pressure and expectation all week. For me, this was exactly what I expected we'd get by the time the game kicked off. Probably felt differently earlier in the week but the build up was off for this. Being under the radar is not always good. Can be a distraction and your head can get weird. Why don't we rate a mention.

Many of you Philomena's reading this could do with a bowl of concrete as well.

totally my take on the game too. The only time I thought we may have run away with it was at 28-12.. the bunnies dug deep though and just wouldn’t go away. Yeah we didn’t play fantastic, but we got the result. That’s all that matters after that type of week.

BWNB

First Grade
I've seen 2 disruptors this year, both against us !!
But about 20 worse baulking efforts by other teams.
This rule is a joke, there is no way they can make an objective decision.

Plus as others have said, Klein is killing us with 6 agains, we haven't got a single one yet.
This.
Further there was one in the broncos game on Friday night where Walsh made the same play, not penalised lauded by fox.

ragzouken

Juniors
A few points for me;

- Souths got some VERY sympathetic calls from the ref and bunker. The ‘disrupter’ call is absolute bollocks, we were pinged time and again (and often late in the tackle count) for bullshit 6 agains, whereas they appeared to be all over us on the ground and we got nadda….
- Overall, I don’t think we played with the speed or intensity I would have liked - we lumbered along. If we’d played harder and faster around the ruck, we’d have blown them off the park.
- Brailey was very good with the ball for 90 meters of the pitch again. But yet again, another game goes by without a single act of creativity when in the final 10 meters, not one attempt to burrow over, not 1 show 1 way and play the other, no attempted trick shot…. He’s just no threat at all and that’s a big reason we look so pedestrian and side to side in good ball position.
- Jesse was strong again I thought. I like what he’s doing this year.
- Wilton…. I’ve not been very impressed this year - he gives away some really dumb penalties/6 agains. (I might be being harsh here, but I’m just not seeing the same impact this year)
- Ultimately though, we got the win, but there’s still PLENTY to work on, both with and without the ball.
Good points but Wilton has improved massively in defence this year, maybe that’s just time in the field.

refs kept it from getting too big of a score, even nicho had a cry at Klein with the disruptor “ every call is found there way, I know the ladder position” then fox cut the mics

Good points but Wilton has improved massively in defence this year, maybe that’s just time in the field.

refs kept it from getting too big of a score, even nicho had a cry at Klein with the disruptor “ every call is found there way, I know the ladder position” then fox cut the mics
Was pretty obvious klein was keeping it from becoming a blow out

Couple of nice offloads from Tuks as well, we're not really a team that offloads much so it's nice to have a forward that has it in his game. Ramien is probably the only player that springs to mind that does it regularly (stats will probably prove me wrong here but haven't looked at them)

Stake Removed

First Grade

Was also on in warriors game, they said disruptor on Turbo