What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
No one said he wasn’t a good player, I think people are concerned that he’s abandoning the club in circumstances where he’s really needed and you’ve done so much for him.

He refuses to buy into Flanno and his staff and everyone busting their guts for the club.

A horrid fat finger at you guys, meeting Brad and even playing for less money. That’s embarrassing and huniliatingfor everyone.

He’s not someone I want in the trench next to me.

He owes you, not the other way around.

This is from another site, the bad impression he’s leaving about town.

View attachment 86547

It’s not just that he’s leaving, it’s how he’s gone about it that has been unsatisfactory and unprofessional.
Mate
If Lomax is truly on $800k,$850k,$875k 2024-26 and The Dragons DO NOT have to pay that going forward for a winger / centre that is Willie Wonker at the best times re maturity ?

Where is the finger pointed exactly?

And are we talking the middle finger or the pointer finger towards the epicentre of Sydney that is the place of many eels?

or do you believe he is only worth the reported $650k pa that Parramatta are prepared to pay?

and that would mean no longer the Dragons problem either way………well as long as they feel they have in the squad or about to have the squad an answer to their player moving along sayonara ?

for me this has been a chess match queens gambit

Rava will end back on the right wing and do similar stats

Left wing won’t be a tough problem to solve

and we have done that at a smidge of the $ that was a major major major sal cap distribution concern if truly moving towards $875k pa

I mean maybe I do NOT know what value means anymore re $875k pa what u get for that ?

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
I thought partly blaming the club for not being picked for rep games was poor. Before Best, I can't remember to many out and out centres being picked for NSW.

He was upset when he got dropped however, he also got upset when Flanno pointed out his skillset.

He's playing great footy on the wing but if his hearts sold on playing centre his choice is to go to a club that wants him at centre.

thebigredv

First Grade
The real mastermind in all this is S Flanagan who has released Lomax playing power. Zac was never ever this influential as a centre. For years we watched and waited for him to become the super star we knew he could be. How ironic that he has never been more dangerous and he is leaving us. That's just how it goes.

The real mastermind in all this is S Flanagan who has released Lomax playing power. Zac was never ever this influential as a centre. For years we watched and waited for him to become the super star we knew he could be. How ironic that he has never been more dangerous and he is leaving us. That's just how it goes.
That’s right, Flanno is a very astute.

Selects the players in their positions for what he thinks will benefit of the whole side and for the most part, he’s having some success.

You’d hope all of the players would take this to heart and understand and appreciate this.

And some players might feel grateful that they their own stars are rising in the process.

A rising tide lifts all boats, patience is a virtue and maybe an extra million bucks over a career can be put to good use.

TheRev

First Grade
His general form often seems to follow his goal kicking form.

Like we seem to need to score the first try to win a game.
I've noticed this, if we don't score a try early, it's almost game over for us.. Something psychological happens.. The dolphins game was a good example.. We bombed early opportunities and ended up with a duck egg.

Zac in particular can get in a real funk of a mood if something goes wrong, and goalkicking becomes a lottery.. Its probably his biggest issue.

SGMax

Juniors
If I was the Dragons management I would be writing to the NRL something along the lines of:
"How can it be fair that to keep a player we have to pay him $850+ but somehow parra are allowed to entice him to break contract for $200k less?"...a salary cap exemption cannot be allowed!
If they want to sign him for less, then they should wait till his current contract was complete.

I was advised several years ago that the brown paper bags are very prevalent with teams that own their leagues club as cash from the pokies operations can be easy to divert.
I was also told that of all the teams (Panthers, Dogs, Sharks, etc) Parra were the most prolific.

Zac has always played as he has this year, just in patches. He would catch one of these great kicks and score or offload for a try then his next 5 attempts would be sticking out his hand out and knocking the ball on.
This is the first time he has consistently attacked the ball without a high error rate.

I will feel better if we use Zac's money to land Brimson.

justadragon

Bench
I've noticed this, if we don't score a try early, it's almost game over for us.. Something psychological happens.. The dolphins game was a good example.. We bombed early opportunities and ended up with a duck egg.

Zac in particular can get in a real funk of a mood if something goes wrong, and goalkicking becomes a lottery.. Its probably his biggest issue.
Didn't work in the Cows game Rev, we were 18-4 up and bombed several other opportunities.

Latest posts