What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Fisher Harris

nswarrior

Juniors
Can we take a moment to appreciate how good this club (front office) is going at the moment?
George made a big mistake with SJ at the end of 2018 but looks like it needed to be done. We were too reliant on 1 player and losing SJ set us back but the club has rebuilt better then ever.

will never forget George saying the phone has been ringing hot and we didn’t sign anyone good.

These days though the signing are beyond good. Good on you Georgie!!

nswarrior

Juniors
If there was a biggest turn around ever award George would get it. The beginning of his reign when he was getting fluffed was frankly awful, I would have strung him up like an Italian dictator late in WW2, but credit to him (if it was him) for turning it around.

Actually TBH, I think he got lucky with Webster.
You make your own luck, both good and bad. He could have gone for Madge or someone else but took a risk with Webster and it has change the club

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I feel like this is a monumental moment for the club.

When we signed AFB, we got him based on baggage - his family wanted to get him out of Sydney, it wasn't so much that we were front-runners, but it was the best situation for him. Same with Capewell, the Broncos were happy enough to see him go and get the cap space. The last guy we signed at the peak of his powers was Tohu Harris, in 2018, then RTS a couple of years earlier. It doesn't happen a lot.

We've signed the best prop in the comp, at the top of his game. Yeah he's a Kiwi but he's not coming for a final pay cheque, or because he's fallen out of favour, or because (likely) we're paying stupid overs - he sees us as a viable premiership contender and wants in.

Honestly, I'm not jumping at shadows and I know we haven't gone near proving we're a premiership contender, but people want to come here now. Webby is selling a product people want in on. They're obviously hearing it's good here. The front office are doing the job. Our crowds are incredible.

I've always felt like I didn't care where our players from, I respect that Matua wants Kiwi guys but I never cared...however, NZ players like Tohu, like JFH, SJ, Niukore, we can now hope to bring these guys home when they're at the top of their game. And we're starting to breed some good uns like Berry, Laban, Maiu'u etc.

Matua

Bench

When we signed AFB, we got him based on baggage - his family wanted to get him out of Sydney, it wasn't so much that we were front-runners, but it was the best situation for him. Same with Capewell, the Broncos were happy enough to see him go and get the cap space. The last guy we signed at the peak of his powers was Tohu Harris, in 2018, then RTS a couple of years earlier. It doesn't happen a lot.

We've signed the best prop in the comp, at the top of his game. Yeah he's a Kiwi but he's not coming for a final pay cheque, or because he's fallen out of favour, or because (likely) we're paying stupid overs - he sees us as a viable premiership contender and wants in.

Honestly, I'm not jumping at shadows and I know we haven't gone near proving we're a premiership contender, but people want to come here now. Webby is selling a product people want in on. They're obviously hearing it's good here. The front office are doing the job. Our crowds are incredible.

I've always felt like I didn't care where our players from, I respect that Matua wants Kiwi guys but I never cared...however, NZ players like Tohu, like JFH, SJ, Niukore, we can now hope to bring these guys home when they're at the top of their game. And we're starting to breed some good uns like Berry, Laban, Maiu'u etc.
Yeah this a great start for me, we've been too Oz pack this year, so I'm looking forward for the NZers to come through. This is a great move in my opinion. In all honesty I don't understand how you don't care but have no problem with you not caring. ;)

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah this a great start for me, we've been too Oz pack this year, so I'm looking forward for the NZers to come through. This is a great move in my opinion. In all honesty I don't understand how you don't care but have no problem with you not caring.;)
Haha, I respect the hell out of you for caring. That's a deep-seated love of Kiwi league. I guess my 'not caring' if that what it is, some of my favourite Warriors are Aussies - Campion, Price, Luck, Egan, Marsh, I see what those guys brought to this club. And all three of our best coaches have been Aussie guys.

I guess there was a level of being burned by Kiwi players who coasted at home, like the Papali'is, Matulino, Packer, Locke, just a whole bunch of guys who through the late 00s and into the 2010s, just seemed way too comfortable. It got to a point where the NZ guys either used us as a retirement plan (Blair) or were half-assed.

But man, we can start to show the guys who have gone to Australia young and developed, that either a) you can come back here to live and be part of a team that is bonafide or b) in future, that development can happen with us. We haven't had many Rocco Berrys lately - guys who were in our system, struggled but became NRL standard without having to leave. I really hope that becomes Ale, Leuataua, Maiu'u, Laban and co, as well.

Scott

Bench
The biggest signing in our history. We lost AFB & replaced him with JFH!! Common man, that just does not happen! Remarkable signing.

Compare it to Zac Lomax being given french cutlets at Brad Arthur’s home & the crap we hear about it all, for this transaction to take place with nobody knowing anything, is a sign of where Penrith & the Warriors are as organisations.

Again, remarkable signing!

But man, we can start to show the guys who have gone to Australia young and developed, that either a) you can come back here to live and be part of a team that is bonafide or b) in future, that development can happen with us. We haven't had many Rocco Berrys lately - guys who were in our system, struggled but became NRL standard without having to leave. I really hope that becomes Ale, Leuataua, Maiu'u, Laban and co, as well.
After his debut last week Laban talked about he and a few others made a pact to not follow some of their peers across the ditch and instead stay with the Warriors and try make it here. As much as attracting strong first graders shows things are working well off the pitch, so too does hearing that from the youngsters.

Grizzman

Juniors

You've said everything that I was going to so nice one! Absolutely stoked with this signing and everything around it!

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Didn't realise he'd been given a release from the last two years of his Pennies deal (I was too excited to read)

Given the anti tampering rules which I presume still exist, does this mean he approached us? Or what's the story?

Izz

Bench
Didn't realise he'd been given a release from the last two years of his Pennies deal (I was too excited to read)

Given the anti tampering rules which I presume still exist, does this mean he approached us? Or what's the story?
Compassionate release, apparently. Nobody involved is giving any details around that yet, aside from him wanting to be closer to his family. Maybe he approached the Panthers saying he wanted to go home and then they or he approached the Warriors? I guess we'll find out more in time

JJ

Immortal
Amazing, got to feel for Penrith losing him, but obviously we’re in a similar boat. Great signing for us

huge loss for them amongst other huge losses, dynasty might be looking shaky

MKEB...

Staff member
Geez. Never saw that coming....talk about like for like plus.
As much as I like AFB...I think the warriors have seen the best of him largely Injuries free; and I can't quite see the sharks getting that out of him.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think JFH is a great acquisition no doubt about that.

Would be interested to know what the money is, four year deal for a front rower who will be 29 years old when he first pulls on your guernsey could be an issue.

He is the ultimate professional so you can be assured he will give 100% each and every time he steps onto the field.

Latest posts