What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Not that big of a conspiracy mate.
Obviously Flanno the fantastic made promises to Hunt to keep him at the club (something along the lines of an upgrade for another year or two and a promise for him to keep playing halfback whilst at the dragons).
He would've then contrasted this to other offers from broncos/titans and cast doubt as to how much they'd pay him and whether or not he'd play 7 at either of those clubs.

Hunt jumped at the deal of course and now everyone's favourite coach has to honor his end of the bargain.

At face value it's easy for most posters on here to think Flanno is clearing space in the cap for some big signings but most of this will be going to Hunt's upgrade.
Hey F%&k Knuckle

How's it going?

very quiet !

The stats not adding up?

Or just salivating over our next prospective loss ????

justadragon

Bench
FLano says whatever suits him
Hunt has been the downfall of two coaches by taking up way overs in the cap and not having the ability to organise or rally a team to victory,imo FLano will be the third victim.
He had the chance to get rid of this bloke and will now have to rely on this ageing guy to keep his coaching career alive
IMO its Going to be watch this space for the coach
I think you highly underestimate Flanno.

Not that big of a conspiracy mate.
Obviously Flanno the fantastic made promises to Hunt to keep him at the club (something along the lines of an upgrade for another year or two and a promise for him to keep playing halfback whilst at the dragons).
He would've then contrasted this to other offers from broncos/titans and cast doubt as to how much they'd pay him and whether or not he'd play 7 at either of those clubs.

Hunt jumped at the deal of course and now everyone's favourite coach has to honor his end of the bargain.

At face value it's easy for most posters on here to think Flanno is clearing space in the cap for some big signings but most of this will be going to Hunt's upgrade.
Just stopping bye to say tah tah.
Those who have suggested the "Ignore" option were correct.

It's much easier than responding thus giving oxygen to your dribble.

At least on the "sack Flanagan" thread you may find a friend or two as 'misery loves company'.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Ok so let’s step thru this

the data saids we most likely will not match the teams for field position via our forwards.

so that means we still need to do the best we can in the wrestle and hit ups via our forwards

but it also means that our back three or more have to be the top of the comp for metres gained on kick returns hit ups etc

Suli is killing it at left centre

Flanno targetted Tui. he worked with him at Manly.

Rava is obvious right winger.

Zac brings his taste of freedom at right wing back to the centres like he did last week at an elite level

everything is in its place

and birdy …….. well sanity prevails

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I've heard we are interested in Angus Crighton. It's interesting as we don't need a backrower. Sua and Leilua are great, also got RFM and Eisenhuth for depth and Egan coming through. Thoughts?
Well we did help the Roosters to have to pay top dollar for May

now hopefully for Chrighton

I’m happy with our backrow mix and if we can land a prop big whale I would love Sele at starting lock

FlickFlano

Juniors

the data saids we most likely will not match the teams for field position via our forwards.

so that means we still need to do the best we can in the wrestle and hit ups via our forwards

but it also means that our back three or more have to be the top of the comp for metres gained on kick returns hit ups etc

Zac brings his taste of freedom at right wing back to the centres like he did last week at an elite level

Just dont expect our centres to actually draw and throw a conventional pass to our wingers.

I reckon Bird plays right centre if eligible (HIA).

I've heard we are interested in Angus Crighton. It's interesting as we don't need a backrower. Sua and Leilua are great, also got RFM and Eisenhuth for depth and Egan coming through. Thoughts?
Perhaps we are interested. Perhaps not. Because we have cap space every player looking for a new contract will be linked with us in an effort (by agents) to bid up his contract.

TheRev

First Grade
seems very disruptive if they are still working out our left and right combinations, and we are playing tomorrow... I reckon you just leave it be where they would have trained.. and change the team next week if he really wants Bird back in.

Just saw this update from RedV (below), maybe he could be a benchie.. but that wouldnt really make sense, our bench is pretty tight now, BMM and Brown have to be on it with 2 props.

"Speaking to the media today, coach Shane Flanagan has said that Jack Bird is “fine and ready to play” and went on to say that he’ll have to make a decision in the next 24 hours. When asked if he would be starting or on the bench, Flanagan said “more than likely”

Parko1310

Juniors
seems very disruptive if they are still working out our left and right combinations, and we are playing tomorrow... I reckon you just leave it be where they would have trained.. and change the team next week if he really wants Bird back in.

Just saw this update from RedV (below), maybe he could be a benchie.. but that wouldnt really make sense, our bench is pretty tight now, BMM and Brown have to be on it with 2 props.
Yeah.. I don't like it but it sounds like Bird will be in for BMM if not CT

hewi

Bench
Loving this.

Source: The Daily Telegraph

The Dragons are top eight contenders

Seven rounds and the Dragons have won more games than they’ve lost. Who saw that coming? Not many were willing to bet (including us). The Dragons were near the top of the wooden spoon market before a ball was kicked this season on the back of finishing second last on the ladder in 2023. That seems a distant memory now. Barring the addition of a couple of savvy veterans, the Dragons team isn’t much different to the team they fielded last season. The difference now is that they are buying in and picking up what their new coach Shane Flanagan is putting down. The premiership winning coach has made quite the impression since taking over officially at the end of last year. His decision to move Zac Lomax onto the wing was met by apprehension and even frustration (from Lomax), but the shock call turned out to be a masterstroke. Lomax has been the form winger of the comp this season and is a live hope of being picked for the Blues for Origin Game I on June 5. Not only are some players thriving and improving with ball in hand, but the Dragons are also a much better team defensively. The Warriors were relentless in attacking the Dragons’ line early in their clash last week, but St.George were able to hold the visitors to just six points in the first half. Fox League’s Cooper Cronk pointed out how clear that was during the upset 30-12 win. “He’s doing the Shane Flanagan way. He’s backing himself,” Cronk said on NRL360. “I’ve never been coached by him but I think he requires a certain personality to play the way that he plays which is physically and mentally tough and they won’t take a backward step. “The weekend showed they started to get resilience into their performance because the Dragons of old, it would have been 16-0 with all the ball the Warriors had in that first 20 minutes.” Paul Kent is also impressed with what he’s seen. “They are starting to understand not only what their doing but what the guy next to them is doing and how they’re helping each other out,” Kent said. “That’s the big improvement in the Saints and that comes down to coaching and Shane Flanagan.” While players like Zac Lomax and Tyrell Sloan have put together terrific starts to the season, Flanagan’s arrival might have more of an impact on the club’s marquee player Ben Hunt. The Dragons skipper was seemingly hellbent on leaving the Red V last season, requesting a release from his contract which runs to the end of 2025. Nearly a year later, and Hunt has had a change of heart, with the veteran playmaker reportedly keen to sign an extension. He has forged a strong relationship with Flanagan and clearly believes he is the man to lead this team back to the promise land. “I think if we can keep performing and turn up with the energy like we did tonight, we can show that we are a finals team,” Hunt said after his team’s win over the Warriors. “Last week was a step in the right direction and this week was another step so we just have to keep building on it now and be consistent.” There’s plenty of football left this season, but if the Dragons defend like they did against the Warriors

Latest posts