What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks captain Paul Gallen fined $10,000 for racist remarks at Micky Paea

Gallen getting away with this looks like the NRL is turning a blind eye (deaf ear?) to what happened.

The administration in Barry Ward's day dealt with the issue. And that is all that is expected today. Barry Ward apologised and paid the price. Move on.

Any excuses about official complaints, who the complaint has to come from etc look exactly as they are - poor excuses.

exactly how are the NRL meant to proceed if they have no evidence?

no video evidence

and no evidence from Paea means he cant be charged.

really i dont see what the else the NRL could do.

If there was AV on it i'd be fully suportive of seeking a charge. But we cant just go charging people with no evidence.

Danish

Referee
Yet, while you might not admit it, you know you would take Gallen if you got given the chance over any of your princess forwards.

Keep telling yourself that...

One day you might realise that the reason why every single fan on this site says that they would not want him at their club is because, shockingly, they dont want him at their club.

Gallen is the type of 80s dinosaur who would stiff arm his mother if it meant he could win a premiership

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
bartman, don't let technicalities get in the way of a good argument :lol:

Good on ya El though, nice stir.

El Diablo

Post Whore
You must be bored... as I said I enjoy sinking the slipper into Timmah, but his logic and reasoning he's given about selling his Origin 2 ticket if Gallen is captain is fine. nothing to do with Ward, apples and oranges.

it's your choice to support his hypocrisy

does not worry me

Craigshark

First Grade
Keep telling yourself that...

One day you might realise that the reason why every single fan on this site says that they would not want him at their club is because, shockingly, they dont want him at their club.

Gallen is the type of 80s dinosaur who would stiff arm his mother if it meant he could win a premiership

So, let's get this straight. You would prefer Willie Mason over Paul Gallen?

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: It's a forum... if you want to ask people and have noone else's input, use the PM function. Otherwise, suck it up.

bartman

Immortal
it's your choice to support his hypocrisy

does not worry me
:lol: One sole person's judgement of hyprocrisy, which has taken up however many posts to fail to make a case.

I'm kind of doing the same thing as Timmah... I won't bother watching Origin and cheering for NSW this year if they pick the racist grub (which it seems like they will, because Paea has gone back on his intentions and is being spineless).

Craigshark

First Grade
:lol: It's a forum... if you want to ask people and have noone else's input, use the PM function. Otherwise, suck it up.

I would have thought the fact i quoted him, meant that it was a question directed to him only. Although i don't expect you to be able to grasp that.

Crystal clear Danish. Also makes it very crystal clear that you have no idea about Rugby League at all. But it is your opinion, which you are entitled to.

Timmah

Staff member
If we excluded rule-breakers from every discussion we'd have no forum you goose, live in 2009, not 2002. Although... :lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore
:lol: One sole person's judgement of hyprocrisy, which has taken up however many posts to fail to make a case.

Jjust because you disagree doesn't mean a case has not been made

I'm kind of doing the same thing as Timmah... I won't bother watching Origin and cheering for NSW this year if they pick the racist grub (which it seems like they will, because Paea has gone back on his intentions and is being spineless).

we'll see when the time comes what you do

bartman

Immortal
Jjust because you disagree doesn't mean a case has not been made
And it doesn't mean the case against Tmmah's logic is more than flimsy.

we'll see when the time comes what you do
I'll do what I said I'd do. I missed Origin for four years living in another country, so it's no big loss on a random Wednesday night. For all the hype it's just a game, and to be honest I've always preferred club footy.

Kiki

First Grade
i would say i can't believe Sharks fans are defending him. then i remembered they are Sharks fans.