What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks captain Paul Gallen fined $10,000 for racist remarks at Micky Paea

OldSkoolSaint

Juniors
a man of integrity and more mature than gallen.............well he stomped on gallens hand with loads of integrity and maturity

I just watched a replay. He has stood up and did not purposely stomp on his foot, only a grub like Gallen would do something like that. Have you watched the game? Because it doesn't seem like you have.

Do YOURSELF an a favour and watch it before you keep going on like you are.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
and paea is not a cat?....ffs he stood on gallens hand, was it last year or the year before when gallen supposedly done the same thing, you guys wanted him gutted, cut up and buried.........if the accusation against gallen is true, and he is suspended paea should also go

try taking your gallen hate glasses off and engage some intelligence
if what gallen said was a racial slur and paea was so upset about itwhy did he not take it further.......and dont give me this crap about he did it for the good of the game

imo he opened his mouth to take the heat off him for the hand stomp
You are clearly one of the biggest f**ken idiots on this whole board.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Also, hillbillythef**kenidiot, here's something for you and your small f**ken brain.

Below this is a screenshot of Paea stepping on Gallen's hand.

It's pretty f**king clear that Paea can't even see where his foot is, because Gallen's fat torso is in the way.

So go and get f**ked for insinuating tht Paea intentionally stood on Gallen's hand. It was a mistake, and Paul "I'm the biggest f**ken merkin in the history of rugby league" Gallen decided to call him "A black merkin."

Wish that Gallen, and all the merkins defending him, are hit by a car in the not too distant future. You're all a bunch of dirty oxygen thiefs.

paeavsgallen.jpg

Last edited:

hutch

First Grade
:lol: One sole person's judgement of hyprocrisy, which has taken up however many posts to fail to make a case.

I'm kind of doing the same thing as Timmah... I won't bother watching Origin and cheering for NSW this year if they pick the racist grub (which it seems like they will, because Paea has gone back on his intentions and is being spineless).

looks like you wont be watching origin then because he will be the first forward picked as he is our best forward.

bartman

Immortal
looks like you wont be watching origin then because he will be the first forward picked as he is our best forward.
Pretty sad state of affairs when our best forward is a racist grub... :(. And a shame Paea didn't have the spine to follow through on his intention to make a complaint.

So yep, I probably won't be watching origin... never got too caught up in the hype about which state won the thing anyways.

sass

Juniors
Pretty sad state of affairs when our best forward is a racist grub... :(. And a shame Paea didn't have the spine to follow through on his intention to make a complaint.

So yep, I probably won't be watching origin... never got too caught up in the hype about which state won the thing anyways.

spineless? hardly. paea already said what his reasons were for not complaining ... not to mention that all the paea boys are pretty devoted christians and I think he would think the 'right' thing to do is forgive. he even gave gallen the time of day after the match which I don't think most people would.

Bazal

Post Whore
I would keep Todd Lowrie over signing that scumbag Gallen...although the endless "You would have him at your club har har har" from Sardines fans is rather amusing

bartman

Immortal
I gave maximum credit to Petero for making an issue out of the racism he faced at the hands of fans of my own club. In comparison to Petero's determination against racism, I find Paea's backtrack spinless by comparison.

I haven't read his reasons anywhere, and can respect the Christian turn the other cheek mentality... but there's no place for racism in the game, and when it happens it should be followed through on imo, until we get to a stage where guys won't even consider coming out with that sh*t in anger.

sass

Juniors
never mind that petero's been in the game about ten years longer and it takes a lot more confidence than most people have to lodge a formal complaint and deal with the media storm. no wonder he doesn't want any of it. I reckon it's unfair of the nrl to make it contingent on someone complaining, anyway.

either way this thread (and tv this morn) said Paea has come out and said he is not making a complaint because Rugby League has been through enough.

bartman

Immortal
Agree that it's unfair that the NRL needs some extra formality to investigate this than it does for other on-field incidents. Like others have said in here, the refs repeatedly ask if players want to make it formal until they back down and say no.

While Paea is right that rugby league is going through enough... I personally think that reasoning is pretty poor and equates to allowing racism to go unchallenged.

sass

Juniors
Agree that it's unfair that the NRL needs some extra formality to investigate this than it does for other on-field incidents. Like others have said in here, the refs repeatedly ask if players want to make it formal until they back down and say no.

While Paea is right that rugby league is going through enough... I personally think that reasoning is pretty poor and equates to allowing racism to go unchallenged.

look I just reckon he's the guy who got vilified - if he doesn't wanna complain, that's that.

maybe he doesn't wanna be a victim, maybe he hates publicity, maybe it's his religion ... I'm not gonna judge him cause I've never been racially vilified. I'll get back to him with my opinion when I'm black or people start publicly having a go at white people.

he's also not the one who IS racist. I'd rather blame gallen for what he did than paea for not complaining. jesus it's not mickey's fault.

Parra

Referee
I don't mind Paea's stance on this one bit. Each to his own & good on him.

But it shouldn't stop there any more than if Gallen hit Paea high and Paea forgave him.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
If the reasons for Paea not wanting to go on with it are for the sake of the game than that is very honourable in my opinion if not a touch misguided.

There is no room for racism at any level of society and people need to be held accountable.

Just when I believe that Paul Gallen can't get any lower he lowers the bar just a bit more. He is a grub of a human being.

bartman

Immortal
look I just reckon he's the guy who got vilified - if he doesn't wanna complain, that's that.

maybe he doesn't wanna be a victim, maybe he hates publicity, maybe it's his religion ... I'm not gonna judge him cause I've never been racially vilified. I'll get back to him with my opinion when I'm black or people start publicly having a go at white people.

he's also not the one who IS racist. I'd rather blame gallen for what he did than paea for not complaining. jesus it's not mickey's fault.

Sure, it is entirely his choice. I just reckon it's a shame he didn't go through with it, like he initially indicated he wanted to.

And you're right, the focus should be on Gallen for his abhorrent behaviour.

i can't believe people are calling Paea spineless. i'm in shock.
It's not people, it's only me I think :sarcasm:. I just wished he had have followed through his original intention, so that Gallen could be suitably reprimanded for behaviour that is not on.

errr,

I know Mickey (a few years ago... but still) and he's a bloody good kid who loves his Footy. There is nothing spineless about him and he really would put the game first.

Latest posts