What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup and NYC Squads

BOMAR

Juniors
so are they sam jones, mitch davis, and the number 18 all making their season debuts?
Sam jones and the 18 who is John Felikitou have both been in the 20's for two seasons,so will not be there debuts. Sam is back from injury.

MountainMan

Juniors
I have said it once and ill say it again...Penrith Nyc is a disgrace at the moment..if they loose next week,im prepared to say making the 8 is near impossible...there getting hidings week after week

whats the problem there.the Players? the Coach?

Kilkenny

Coach
I think it is safe to say our NYC side will not be making the eight this season. The wooden spoon is a distinct possibility.

Fibroman

First Grade
Simple: I've been saying this for years. The kids don't know how to tackle anymore. The 2nd phase play is the killer, because nobody takes the legs out anymore and the attacking player stands in tackles and offloads with 2 or 3 defenders hanging off them, leaving huge holes in the defensive line. They need to give Luke Lewis a 2nd job as a tackling coach, he is the best defender in the NRL with copybook technique.

stretcher

Juniors
Simple: I've been saying this for years. The kids don't know how to tackle anymore. The 2nd phase play is the killer, because nobody takes the legs out anymore and the attacking player stands in tackles and offloads with 2 or 3 defenders hanging off them, leaving huge holes in the defensive line. They need to give Luke Lewis a 2nd job as a tackling coach, he is the best defender in the NRL with copybook technique.
If you knew anything about the game you would know legs tackles equals quick play the balls which eventually gets you down on the try line defending and a legs tackle 1metre out equals try..

Fibroman

First Grade
If you knew anything about the game you would know legs tackles equals quick play the balls which eventually gets you down on the try line defending and a legs tackle 1metre out equals try..

Not necessarily. The speed of the play the ball is determined by the position the tackler puts themselves in compared with the ball carrier. The tackler/s need to be first to their feet. It has nothing to do with how the initial tackle was effected. As I said, kids these days are too scared to tackle around the legs in case they cop a bump of their pretty faces.

stretcher

Juniors
Not necessarily. The speed of the play the ball is determined by the position the tackler puts themselves in compared with the ball carrier. The tackler/s need to be first to their feet. It has nothing to do with how the initial tackle was effected. As I said, kids these days are too scared to tackle around the legs in case they cop a bump of their pretty faces.
Sorry mate but if your around the legs you have to cover a bit of distance to get to marker when a ball carrier who is coached to get on elbows and knees just stands straight up and plays the ball teams that tackle this way cannot win the ruck..

JustinL

Juniors
any reports on the NSW Cup game with Wade and Diane heard the game on the radio but sounds like we should of done alot better considering the talent we had

Fibroman

First Grade
Sorry mate but if your around the legs you have to cover a bit of distance to get to marker when a ball carrier who is coached to get on elbows and knees just stands straight up and plays the ball teams that tackle this way cannot win the ruck..

Well obviously a team isn't going to make all their tackles one on one around the legs, but ideally there will be 2 in the tackle one to tie the ball up and one to take the legs out. I get sick to death of watching 3 defenders in a tackle all around the top half and the ball carrier still manages to shrug them off and get the ball away.

Rugby League has become a joke. The scorelines particularly in the NYC are ridiculous, and the main reason is the kids can't tackle. I played the game from the age of 7 through to my early 30's and have seen my kids and other kids play the game, and the junior coaches DON'T teach the kids how to tackle. All they do is tackle the tackle bags at training, and they don't learn the basics of the game.

Defence isn't rocket science. Move up in a line, number up, one round the legs and one over the top.

JustinL

Juniors
should be a good match up this Sunday with Windsor taking on Wenty at Ringrose if there are no changes to the lineup with FG winning so well

Kilkenny

Coach
I played the game from the age of 7 through to my early 30's and have seen my kids and other kids play the game, and the junior coaches DON'T teach the kids how to tackle. All they do is tackle the tackle bags at training, and they don't learn the basics of the game.

Defence isn't rocket science. Move up in a line, number up, one round the legs and one over the top.

Mate, granted I didn't see you in your heyday, particularly, when you could still cover the 100 metres in 11 seconds flat, but in the latter stages of your career you were also not noted for your defence. Recall, one game where your tackle count was zero, missed tackle count zero and you played the full 80. Having said that, you were still a good end of season trip tourist and in that department you had no equal.

murraymob

Coach

geez lucky i dont know anything.I would have thought 1 low 1 high the opponent is going nowhere either is the ball.But 2 high and his legs are still moving

Kilkenny

Coach
Nice to see Alan and Tom Eisenhuth making there NYC debuts together on the weekend. Lower Blue Mountains boys from a lovely footy family. Tom stepping up from the SG Ball side so that is a significant achievement.

brothersleague

Juniors
that is a great achievement, tom is a freak and has a long long future ahead of him, will be interested to see how alan goes, a proud day for both boys tho

stretcher

Juniors
geez lucky i dont know anything.I would have thought 1 low 1 high the opponent is going nowhere either is the ball.But 2 high and his legs are still moving
Well if you tackle low around the legs and the attacker goes to ground how are you supposed to get the second player involved the way they are getting taught is two up top to wrap up the offload and the third player in takes out the legs watch the games closely this weekend and you will see they are all doing it to stop second phase footy and then time a legs tackle from point of impact then time a numbers tackle then get back to me its called evolution of the game thats why juniors are taught differently than 10-15years ago...

Latest posts