What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup and NYC Squads

Fibroman

First Grade
Well if you tackle low around the legs and the attacker goes to ground how are you supposed to get the second player involved the way they are getting taught is two up top to wrap up the offload and the third player in takes out the legs watch the games closely this weekend and you will see they are all doing it to stop second phase footy and then time a legs tackle from point of impact then time a numbers tackle then get back to me its called evolution of the game thats why juniors are taught differently than 10-15years ago...

Sometimes evolution and change isn't always for the better. Look at the literacy level and work ethic of our kids leaving school thesedays. Half of them won't work and most things they touch, they stuff up.

Somethings have improved in the game. There are nowhere near as many cheap shots, and the game is much faster. Defence is a real problem, and I think the problem stem from getting 6 and 7 year old kids to tackle bags instead of each other at training.

I personally think the whole wrestle situation in the game has spoilt the game, and I blame Melbourne Storm and the Referees boss for allowing that to happen. We need to get back to the basics in defence. It's not the players fault, it's coaches that get 6 and 7 year olds training set moves before they learn how to tackle, pass and catch properly.

MountainMan

Juniors
6 straight losses for the toyota cup and heavy losses at that.
Ill say it again! The backline is just not cutting it simple as that..My sons St Clair under 11s team communicates better..Watene does try hard each week,but the other centre n wingers are not interested in getting dirty,why arn't they putting a player like Beale out there? or that kid playing for Windsor Ronny Palumbo?
The hooker Mahoney is just to small,his missing more tackles than he makes!
I was impressed with Prop Jay Fonoti,he is massive and had some real strong touches when he got wined up.
Backline wise,there is not any one even near stepping up from the Sg Ball team...
Biggest rugby league nursery?well when are they gonna make some changes!!

Fibroman

First Grade
6 straight losses for the toyota cup and heavy losses at that.
Ill say it again! The backline is just not cutting it simple as that..My sons St Clair under 11s team communicates better..Watene does try hard each week,but the other centre n wingers are not interested in getting dirty,why arn't they putting a player like Beale out there? or that kid playing for Windsor Ronny Palumbo?
The hooker Mahoney is just to small,his missing more tackles than he makes!
I was impressed with Prop Jay Fonoti,he is massive and had some real strong touches when he got wined up.
Backline wise,there is not any one even near stepping up from the Sg Ball team...
Biggest rugby league nursery?well when are they gonna make some changes!!

We are doing something seriously wrong in our junior development. Coaching, player recognition and retention. Something needs to be done to rectify this problem.

At the risk of sounding racist...... a major problem is the domination of Pacific Islanders in the junior ranks. The whole thing needs to be managed, and I think a good start would be weight for age up until 15 years of age.

stretcher

Juniors
We are doing something seriously wrong in our junior development. Coaching, player recognition and retention. Something needs to be done to rectify this problem.

At the risk of sounding racist...... a major problem is the domination of Pacific Islanders in the junior ranks. The whole thing needs to be managed, and I think a good start would be weight for age up until 15 years of age.
Fibro you are making some good points but weight for age is not the answer and my question to you is where are all the good players coming from that go on and play 1st grade answer queensland and guess what no weight for age comp and never will be.This week with the melbourne issue should answer your question the problem is money in the ball this year all the players that left the club and they were picked in the ball and played elsewhere left for money so i guess retention is the issue not recognition also Zach Clay and Tepia Moera left for contracts and i know for a fact tepais mother demanded a contract from penrith when he was 13 now what club allows parents to dictate terms he left the district so he has no loyalty so who wants that type of person...

stretcher

Juniors
Fibro you are making some good points but weight for age is not the answer and my question to you is where are all the good players coming from that go on and play 1st grade answer queensland and guess what no weight for age comp and never will be.This week with the melbourne issue should answer your question the problem is money in the ball this year all the players that left the club and they were picked in the ball and played elsewhere left for money so i guess retention is the issue not recognition also Zach Clay and Tepia Moera left for contracts and i know for a fact tepais mother demanded a contract from penrith when he was 13 now what club allows parents to dictate terms he left the district so he has no loyalty so who wants that type of person...
Now to add to that all those players that melbourne have developed from a young age didnt go down there for nothing they have all come from another state so to say they developed them is rubbish somebody else developed them before they got them also teams like penrith cannot compete with the prices they paid for them bottom line its money.Melbourne storm offer housing for parents schooling for players and contracts on top of that egpenrith get 3-4million from the leagues club for rugby league thats for all grades melbourne on the other hand get 9million from news limited and spend it on staff and talent scouts for every state and New Zealand.Reports are the NSW scout is on 40000 and an unlimited corporate card the first grade staff at penrith is eight strong and in comparison to melbourne 17 fulltimers all of these staff and scouts do not come under the cap so theres one example there are other clubs that do the same so how can we compete with that...

Fibroman

First Grade
Now to add to that all those players that melbourne have developed from a young age didnt go down there for nothing they have all come from another state so to say they developed them is rubbish somebody else developed them before they got them also teams like penrith cannot compete with the prices they paid for them bottom line its money.Melbourne storm offer housing for parents schooling for players and contracts on top of that egpenrith get 3-4million from the leagues club for rugby league thats for all grades melbourne on the other hand get 9million from news limited and spend it on staff and talent scouts for every state and New Zealand.Reports are the NSW scout is on 40000 and an unlimited corporate card the first grade staff at penrith is eight strong and in comparison to melbourne 17 fulltimers all of these staff and scouts do not come under the cap so theres one example there are other clubs that do the same so how can we compete with that...

I was eating a Cheesebugrer while Freddie reached under the table to take the wrapper and palce it in the bin. The rort has been on for years, and the worst offenders have been:
1. Roosters
2. Brisbane
3. Manly
4. Storm.

All cheats in my books. I don't care if some gimp takes me to Court.......get your poxy calculater out and do the sums. Ian Schubert....HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME ..........

MountainMan

Juniors
Ok the point was our Toyota Cup team struggling and how we arn't putting in the right players

How did it get to cheeseburgers ? haha

murraymob

Coach
fibro has a fantasy of eating a cheeseburger butt naked on center field CUA stadium that is why the topic ended up there

half_back

Juniors

Tepia Moera left for contracts - where do you get your facts from?

Tepai didnt leave for a contract Ive been reliably told he still doesnt have one and that is from someone within the club.

His St Clair coach left, at the same time his school coach wanted him to play with several other mates from school with Parra Jnr Eels.

Fibroman

First Grade

I would suggest that there are nowhere near as many pacific islanders playing in the junior comps in Queensland. I would suggest that there would be a higher percentage of indigenous kids playing up there who probably have more raw talent than anyone, and probably just enjoy playing the game forthe hell of it and aren't playing for the money.

We need weight for age, or we will continue to lose talented kids to other sports at a young age.

It would be difficult for you to understand these concepts Stretcher because you never laced a boot up in your life.

MrPanther

Juniors
On the subject of our under 20s I would like to preface my remarks by stating that I try not to get personal in my posts however I am going to cite the case of Harry Seijka and this is not meant to be a personal criticism of Harry. I'm sure he is doing his best. It is more a criticism of the system and the officials who brought him to Sydney a few years ago reportedly on a $70000 contract. He played Ball last year and didn't cut it. He then went into under 20's and didn't cut it. He played Ball again this year and didn't cut it. He is once again playing under 20's where they are trying to find a position he can play. I also believe he has spent a lot of time training with the NRL team I expect in a move to justify his contract money.
While this has been going on their are players who have given 15 years to this club and played in reps every year and have filled the gaps Harry has left and they are lucky to get $2000.
What does this do to the morale of our juniors?

Fibroman

First Grade
Harry and his team of know it alls should swallow their pride and look at playing hooker and dont ever think about kicking a football ever, ever again.

MrPanther

Juniors
Another example of whats wrong with our junior rep teams Ali Beale and William Beale. These kids obviously have a lot of talent and they can do surprising things with the ball in their hands but the're not 80 min players and there defence is suspect yet they seem to be able to slip in and out of teams at will sometimes without even turning up to training. What does this do to the morale of those players who are always at training and give all they've got

Fibroman

First Grade
Another example of whats wrong with our junior rep teams Ali Beale and William Beale. These kids obviously have a lot of talent and they can do surprising things with the ball in their hands but the're not 80 min players and there defence is suspect yet they seem to be able to slip in and out of teams at will sometimes without even turning up to training. What does this do to the morale of those players who are always at training and give all they've got

Don't pay the spoilt little brats any money until they play 80 minutes. Simple.

Kilkenny

Coach
There are still talking up Harry within the club as I understand and believe he has what it takes to progress thru to the NRL.

MountainMan

Juniors
A Penrith scout needs to get out to Peppertree this weekend to watch St Clair take on Windsor in the C grade
I think and have been saying for a while that these players can lift the 20s.
And they should be blooded into the team,to rebuild early for next year(if wins do not start coming)

Windsor- Corey Carl,Ronny Palumbo,William Beale

St Clair-Tori Willie,Keti Nanai,Michael Pio

Panther_Daz

Staff member
A Penrith scout needs to get out to Peppertree this weekend to watch St Clair take on Windsor in the C grade
And they should be blooded into the team,to rebuild early for next year(if wins do not start coming)

What time is the game on? I only live around the corner from the great Peppertree Oval.

Kilkenny

Coach

Young Corey Carl is a relation of one of Fibroman's best buddies, Pascoe the Fiasco. Not much of the kid for a second rower but has a high work rate and is anglo saxon or caucasion or white which ever way you want to put it.

Fibroman

First Grade
Young Corey Carl is a relation of one of Fibroman's best buddies, Pascoe the Fiasco. Not much of the kid for a second rower but has a high work rate and is anglo saxon or caucasion or white which ever way you want to put it.

You're just a round eyed racist so and so. He is a 'gubba'.