What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Thursday it was stated that 47k had been sold, and this morning 50k. However, the crowd was 42k? Everytime a near sell out is promoted it never seems to be the case, probably keeping walk ups away too.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Thursday it was stated that 47k had been sold, and this morning 50k. However, the crowd was 42k? Everytime a near sell out is promoted it never seems to be the case, probably keeping walk ups away too.

yep.. wtf is going on there. 50k 'sold' and the whole upper tier behind the goal posts are empty

user_nat

Coach
Seems to a fair few empty seats in areas which ticketek says are "exhausted". So might be a fair few stadium/club members who don't show up.

That said.. doesn't look like 10k empty seats either.

camsmith

Juniors
Two games of AFL on at the same time (made me miss the game today) and a few other things on at Melbourne Park including Melbourne Victory fan day wouldn't have helped things.

We always draw a bad crowd against Canberra too... usually a 7k type crowd at OP so any more is a bonus especially considering *puts NSWRL supporter hat on* the weather today that was expected to be pretty bad.

Two games of AFL on at the same time (made me miss the game today) and a few other things on at Melbourne Park including Melbourne Victory fan day wouldn't have helped things.

We always draw a bad crowd against Canberra too... usually a 7k type crowd at OP so any more is a bonus especially considering *puts NSWRL supporter hat on* the weather today that was expected to be pretty bad.

A lot of clubs draw a bad crowd against Canberra

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
42 seemed right, the entire northern end bay up top was empty and there were pockets of empty seats in places. Disappointing to hear it was close to a sellout when that wasn't the truth.

AuDragon

Juniors
42 seemed right, the entire northern end bay up top was empty and there were pockets of empty seats in places. Disappointing to hear it was close to a sellout when that wasn't the truth.
The empty top bay takes about 3, 3.5K people, which accounts for the 48.5K sold.
The rest of the empty seats were mostly in stadium and/or broncos members spots, who preferred to go to the beach or something... :crazy:
The nice ladies that always sit behind me took a day off today.

MsStorm

Bench

I missed today's game because of the flu. Over 9,000 was a good crowd considering the dreadful weather, with hail thrown in for a bonus. Not playing for points doesn't help our situation either.

Across the road at the afl game, they only managed to get around 19/20,000 so that alone says the weather conditions kept away a lot of fans.

bazza

Immortal
now that the hayneplane has been destroyed the next parra homegame will be lucky to get to 10k. bandwagoners

The next Parra home game is against West Tigers in 3 weeks on a Sunday afternoon - so even if Parra lose their next 2 matches they should still get at least 15,000

docbrown

Coach
The Panthers crowd was very disappointing. Even against cowboys on a miserable night it should have been 13,000-14,000 given their current standing.

If your team is fight for a home final or just to make the eight, you should be there to show your support. In another few weeks you won't be able to and then you'll just have to whinge that there's no games on all summer...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Eels/Roosters was good, but still disappointing on a couple of fronts. I refuse to believe 19k is capacity there, and the amount of softcock fans who left with five or ten to go. Harden up, fairweather fairies.

aarondoyle

Juniors

There was a bloke at my work who deided not to go to the game because he thought it was sold out.

Media idiots.