What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Goddo

Bench
I would be interested to see how much damage the Reds would do to Force crowds. Obviously they have the SA population of Perth tied up, but the average east coast bod in Perth would be backing the Reds.

Jon O'Neil on Offsiders on Sunday was saying it was the reverse case in Melbourne, and that most of the Storms supporters were pacific Islanders who were actually craving Rugby Union. Might to an extent be true, but we will see when the Storm are competing for points again and the Rebels have a few years under their belts.

NRLMad

Juniors
I would be interested to see how much damage the Reds would do to Force crowds. Obviously they have the SA population of Perth tied up, but the average east coast bod in Perth would be backing the Reds.

Jon O'Neil on Offsiders on Sunday was saying it was the reverse case in Melbourne, and that most of the Storms supporters were pacific Islanders who were actually craving Rugby Union. Might to an extent be true, but we will see when the Storm are competing for points again and the Rebels have a few years under their belts.

This maybe true, but if you look at the crowd you'l find that many, many of them would be wearing jerseys - and in a sense are more bonded to the storm. Go to the average gamne in SYD and I think they'd be quite a difference.

Red Bear

Referee
North Qld vs Brisbane - 20K
GC vs Parra - 16K
Manly vs Melbourne - 16K (Manly will be out for blood you would think)
Souths vs Wests - 20K
Cronulla vs NZ - 10K
Newcastle vs Canterbury - 15K
East vs Saints - 31K
Canberra vs Penrith - 10K

CC_Roosters

First Grade
North Qld vs Broncos 20K
Titans vs Parra 19K
Manly vs Melbourne 10k
Souths vs Tigers 21K
Cronulla vs Warriors 8K
Knights vs Bulldogs 15K
Roosters vs Chokers 35K
Raiders vs Penrith 9K

Souths V Tigers will be interesting, it should break 20k but Will the bunnies fans turn up with half a team missing?

yakstorm

First Grade
This maybe true, but if you look at the crowd you'l find that many, many of them would be wearing jerseys - and in a sense are more bonded to the storm. Go to the average gamne in SYD and I think they'd be quite a difference.

It's fair to say the Storm have a core supporter base of around 10 - 11K in Melbourne who have committed to the club financially in some way either through Memberships, Merchandise or so on.

Seriously if these people weren't that loyal to the club, they would have dropped off now, but since the whole Storm scandal happened, even with their club coming last, unable to play for points, and drawing teams that neither have a profile down south, or would bring any fans, the club has continued to have 10 - 11K to every match.

The Rebels won't change this. Yes some of these fans will support both, and the Rebels will enjoy the fruits of the Storm raising awareness in Rugby in general down south, plus the new rectangular stadium, plus yes the Union fans who already existed down there and will be reasonably well supported, but I doubt it will hurt the Storm faithful's numbers.

Perth Red

Post Whore

There is usually a good smattering of Force shirts at the NRL games in Perth and I know of quite a few RL fans who go to watch the Force as it is a more palatable option than the Dockers!

I don't get the sense that there is as big a RU v RL divide here as elsewhere.

Perth Red

Post Whore

There is usually a good smattering of Force shirts at the NRL games in Perth and I know of quite a few RL fans who go to watch the Force as it is a more palatable option than the Dockers!

Serc

First Grade
We are looking at fantastic weather in Sydney and Newcastle on Sunday...hopefully some good news to come out of both Sunday arvo games crowd wise :)

Red Bear

Referee

I suspect the divide is biggest in Sydney because that is where the split originally occured, not to mention the whole GPS schools system still being the only Union breeding ground in NSW vs, well, everyone else. Whilst they still insist on being so elitist in who they want to play for them there will always be a divide.

Red Bear

Referee
Oh, and Premium Reserved tickets are sold out for the SCG (the O'Reilly Stand). I have tickets in the Trumper Stand, and im assuming that is what sells first as far as standard reserved goes (I would've preferred the Churchill Stand).

dragondad

First Grade
Ch 10 Sport just reported that there were 28000 tickets sold for the SCG.

North Qld vs Broncos 18K
Titans vs Parra 16K
Manly vs Melbourne 14k
Souths vs Tigers 22K
Cronulla vs Warriors 9K
Knights vs Bulldogs 15K
Roosters vs Chokers 39K
Raiders vs Penrith 11K

Panther_Daz

Staff member
28000 tickets sold is a very good pre-sale. Throw in the SCG Trust members and hopefully a decent walk up cause of the weather and 40k is still on the cards.

user_nat

Coach
Assuming 28k is accurate, Thats pretty good. Seems like these presale numbers are always wrong though.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
That is sensational news!

Yes there is probably heaps of Broncos fans there but the Cowboys fans need to be congratulated for their loyalty they have shown to their team this year.