What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nafe Seluini

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Is it actually official? I haven't seen any confirmation from our club. I've only seen it referenced in a few articles and it wasn't really a focus part of them either.

I'm only hesitant to believe it as it's pretty rare for our club to sign players from other clubs that actually have the fans scratching their heads as to how they let them go... usually we're the club that's happening to.

From Radio Sport Website. http://www.radiosport.co.nz/SportsNews/spleg/Detail.aspx?id=183222

Warriors lose Seluini but secure Godinet

9/30/2010 11:24 AM
They've lost Junior Warriors star Nafe Seluini to Penrith but have secured promising Auckland Vulcans halfback Pita Godinet.

The Warriors may have lost star Toyota Cup hooker Nafe Seluini to Penrith on a two year deal but have secured young halfback Pita Godinet .

Godinet, who played for the Auckland Vulcans has signed an NRL first grade training contract with the Warriors.

Godinet has been described by Aussie scouts as potentially the New South Wales Cup's best kept secret.

He scored 22 tries this season, even though he missed a month of football with a broken jaw.

This may partly explain why the Warriors didn't try harder to keep him. Mara is the Warriors hooker of the future and Godinet is an explosive half/hooker. While I'm annoyed we lost Seluini, can't blame him for taking his chances elsewhere.

If he keeps his head down and works hard he'll be a star.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well that definitely looks more official then anything else we've seen. You'd just think that the Panthers management would want to brag to the world when we sign someone as it's so very rare that we get a promising player.

Fibroman

First Grade
Masada Iosefa promised the world a couple of years ago, but has definately underachieved. I have a feeling if this Kiwi kid kicks on, Masada may find himself in the wilderness.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I thought he had a very good game too. His enthusiasm in defence was sensational.

Service from Dummy Half was crisp too. Made the right decisions.

ashton

Juniors
IMO The only problem with Seluini signing is, we don't need another hooker our problems are in the halves. We won't will a competition with Luke Walsh in our side.

maple_69

Bench
I thought he played well. Good service from dummy half, showed a great turn of speed to score his try and was very very enthusiastic. Both him and Iosefa have a world of talent, hopefully one of them fulfils it with us.

Was a great game to watch. Far better than NSW Cup and first grade tbh. Defense is seriously worrying in the 20s but the kids are so skillful and you can just see their youthful exuberance.

greenfins

Juniors
Doesn't seem to be doing very much in the GF

Your kidding, what game where you watching?? not the same one as me.

I get the feeling that alot of Panthers fans are so negitive on this site, if you could not see positive signs in this kids play, you must have you eyes closed.

franklin2323

Immortal
Your kidding, what game where you watching?? not the same one as me.

I get the feeling that alot of Panthers fans are so negitive on this site, if you could not see positive signs in this kids play, you must have you eyes closed.

Most Panther fans are negative. We get a 7 that gets 32 try Assists yet people want him gone. Granted he's no Gower but does the job.

I thought Seluini went well. Decent passes, good speed, A good try from Support play and a couple of tries scored from scoots from him

Latest posts