What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off season trivia

St. Linnane

First Grade
Who am I?

I made my debut for St. George in 1966. I did not play in the grand final. My final game was the 1977 grand final replay.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
In 1990, St George beat Canterbury 9-8 at Kogarah oval.

Who scored the winning try and who kicked the winning goal.

For an extra point, which way was the breeze blowing

Last edited:

St. Linnane

First Grade
Well we only scored one try in the match and it was scored by Cameron Wade. Brad Mackay played 5/8 and kicked 2 from 2 and Darren South missed both of his attempts. Steve Linnane kicked the field goal.

Unfortunately wasn't at the game so don't know which way the wind was blowing. However experience would suggest coming in from the south or south east; from between the school and the leagues club.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
For someone that wasn't there you're well informed.

Correct. Brad Mackay kicked a side line conversion to win the game. He was wearing a head gear that day, the only time I ever saw him wear one.

What a game that was. First time I ever saw Saints beat the Dogs live

St. Linnane

First Grade
Maybe not so much as informed as uses the power of the internet....

Which current player has a grand father who played soccer for Australia?

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
In 1991 St George drew with Norths at Kogarah Oval. Who scored the leveller and who missed the conversion to win the game

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
In 1991 St George drew with Norths at Kogarah Oval. Who scored the leveller and who missed the conversion to win the game

Mark Ellison the try

Ricky Walford the missed goal

QUESTION

In the same game what was the score at full time and who was the Ref?

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
Cool. Hard one here:

2010 premiership legends Ben Hornby, Matt Cooper and Mark Gasnier all made their first grade debut in 2000. But when was the first time they all lined up together in the starting 13?

Godz Illa

Coach
I'm about to leave so I won't hold up this thread. The answer is round 19, 2002. We beat Souths (as usual) 48-10 and all 3 scored tries, Gaz a double. Legends