What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upcoming Games

jargan83

Coach
Homefront looks decent - I also read there will be dedicated servers

Can't wait for Killzone 3 in Feb either

Parra Pride

Coach
Upcoming games that I will definitely be buying:
  • Duke Nukem Forever
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Gears of War 3
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Bulletstorm
  • LA Noire
  • XCOM
  • BioShock: Infinite

On top of that there are a bunch of N64 remakes coming out on the new 3DS which will definitely be worth the investment as the N64 was awesome as were the games on it.

Last edited:

Doomednow

Bench
Dead Space 2. f**k. Yes.

If you haven't played the first installment go and buy it. Should be pretty cheap by now.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Mass Effect 3 !

There's practically nothing in the debut trailer but I can't stop watching it. Hope they make it more of an RPG and less of an action game but still can't wait to see how the story finishes either way. Keen to see how many ways the game will end, who will come back as party members, how decisions from the previous 2 effect the game..

Don't even know how the game will start, the ending from 2 left the Shepard in limbo. So excited for it.

boxhead

First Grade
The premise for Mass Effect 3 is nothing short of astounding. It is where all the little and big decisions you have made will have a final impact on how the story pans out.

It will be difficult to live up to the insane expectations behind it, and it will be very interesting to see the many different endings and how they differ, but there is no doubt that if any developer can handle this it is Bioware.

Parra Pride

Coach
Mass Effect 3 !

There's practically nothing in the debut trailer but I can't stop watching it. Hope they make it more of an RPG and less of an action game but still can't wait to see how the story finishes either way. Keen to see how many ways the game will end, who will come back as party members, how decisions from the previous 2 effect the game..

Don't even know how the game will start, the ending from 2 left the Shepard in limbo. So excited for it.

How did the ending from two leave Shepard in limbo? Please do explain.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Ceased ties with Cerberus, no connection with the Alliance, Council still distancing themselves from Shepard and the reaper threat, no idea when/where the reapers will strike or how to stop them, ship full of rebels with an agenda (the ones who survived anyway).

But yeah, the big one I was talking about is it's basically him and whoever survived the suicide mission vs. the reapers. No Cerberus/Alliance/Council support. I have no idea how the game will even start, it's pretty exciting.

boxhead

First Grade
Ceased ties with Cerberus, no connection with the Alliance, Council still distancing themselves from Shepard and the reaper threat, no idea when/where the reapers will strike or how to stop them, ship full of rebels with an agenda (the ones who survived anyway).

But yeah, the big one I was talking about is it's basically him and whoever survived the suicide mission vs. the reapers. No Cerberus/Alliance/Council support. I have no idea how the game will even start, it's pretty exciting.

*SPOILERS - DON'T LOOK IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN BOTH MASS EFFECT GAMES*
Depending on the choices you make in the first and second game, potentially all three of Cerberus, the Alliance and the Council will support you. Hardly in limbo considering Earth itself comes under siege in Mass Effect 3 and he will have to enlist everyone's help anyway. If you pick renegade at the end of ME2 you get angry at the Illusive Man but you are still allied to him. As long as you don't do anything majorly stupid (I'm not even sure it is possible) the Alliance will have your back the whole way, especially considering that as far as we know Shepard is the only hope for Earth's survival. The Council is a crack-shoot, if you saved them in Mass Effect 1 and treat them civilly in 2 then they will still be allied with you. However if you killed them it doesn't matter as humanity leads the Council anyway.

I can see how being a paragon with a few renegade decisions will benefit you most in Mass Effect 3 - which was probably always the intent, but no doubt being a renegade across all three games will have its own benefits. You save the rachni, you can have the support of the Council and the Quarians, you have the Krogan at your back if you keep Wrex alive, if you use the virus against the heretics to save them then you will have the whole geth faction behind you, and so on.

Last edited:

Monk

Referee
Skyrim.

EDIT: to the above poster, there is a spoiler tag you may use.

Latest posts