What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall not guilty of assault occasioning actual bodily harm

...Benji "tapped" him on the nose. I have been in a few fights, seem them, we all see UFC, etc. When you want to turn someone off of aggravating you - as a man - you can give him a little jab and kind of ask "well, do you want more of that and harder? I'm not afraid to hit you, and beat you, so lets end this before it really starts"

This kind of thing, which I suspect may of happened in this case, is a far cry from getting into a brawl and trying to maim the guy or hurt him badly.

In this day and age the problem with doing even this, is that there are so many wimps and pussy's around who like to run to mummy and use the convenience of the law to handle their issues (like all the suing going on in america). This is a losing strategy even so in this day and age simply due to the girlishness of men in our society by and large.

Its best to walk away .

Lets note also the flimsy reporting. Nothing concrete is known as we have a bunch of 50/50 facts about the issue so far....no cctv footage...manager talking not benji...that he was with a mate.....we dont know who threw the punch.....what the initial argument was about.....

so its hardly a cut and dry case as it stands.

I'm going to wait - like I always do - to see what comes of it b4 I bad mouth anyone. But given what I know of him, and what I know of life, I dont hold it against him if he did. And even if he was the cause of the incident, I still would not hold it against him, as racial slurs are pretty low. Like the guy can help it. ffs.

I think at this stage he was set up.

Last edited:

Pedge1971

First Grade
Nothing incident for the fact that anybody but a sports star with a profile is involved and it 99% would never have been reported to the cops. Easy princess
If it was a nuffy like me and I hit some d!ckhead and walked off because he was being offensive, no one would know or care. Seems it's only news cause it's Benji.

PC stinks, the guy prob deserved it.....

Pedge1971

First Grade
Nothing incident for the fact that anybody but a sports star with a profile is involved and it 99% would never have been reported to the cops. Easy princess
If it was a nuffy like me and I hit some d!ckhead and walked off because he was being offensive, no one would know or care. Seems it's only news cause it's Benji.

PC stinks, the guy prob deserved it.....

Eels Dude

Coach
When do you get home after a night out? Players can go home whenever they feel like it! I'm sick of the media blowing up cause they are out after midnight!

I don't care when they get home. I often get home at 5am legless and with a half even kebab in my bed the next morning. The media will contniue to do it though because they know what "news" is. This thread is based on a nothing incident yet it's still 10 pages long. Shows what a talking point it is.

Doomednow

Bench
Benji is prone to throwing the toys out of the cot, so not really surprised.

If only we got great publicity every time a player took the high road in incidents like this., we might actually see it happen more often. Unfortunately the media doesn't work that way.

Eels Dude

Coach
Haynetrain is of the most intelligent posters in this entire forum. It's quite how some of you guys take him so seriously.

The telegraph had a comments section open on the story. This is what I wrote doubt it will get through: Can you name the person who racially abused Benji so that his friends, family and workmates can see what a low dog he is.

Spot On

Coach
In hindsight I'm sure Marshall wishes he did ignore them. If in fact he was abused and tormented by the group of 10 then kudos to him for sorting it out. I have no problem with that. It just shows how low some people are, scumbags come to mind, when they incite an act of violence via verbally vilifying someone as they hide behind a group of ten and when they get the reaction they were after they run like the cowards to the nearest police station to dob on the person they incited. Boo hoo. f**kwits. Unfortunately for Benji he will be the one who will take the criticism and the others will walk away smiling knowing they have achieved what they set out to do and no one has the right or the power to punish them or deter them from doing it again.

Spot On

Coach
The telegraph had a comments section open on the story. This is what I wrote doubt it will get through: Can you name the person who racially abused Benji so that his friends, family and workmates can see what a low dog he is.

Excellent idea Tiger. Should be legislated that f**kwits like this have their name and "offence" printed in their local rag with a commentary on their "gang" like cowardness for their local community to read. Brilliant idea mate.

Great work SC Tiger.

What a kindergarten grade dobber this person must be, racially abuse and provoke someone, cop what you deserve and then go running off to tell mummy.

Name him, shame him and I promise this person will almost be run out of town for being a low, worthless dog.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
Hopefully a nothing story.

Ive heard Benji talk relentlessly about not taking the bait in the past so I just hope it wasnt all BS.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Agreed. If they're prepared to try and drag Benji's name through the mud then they should be naming the antagonist.

What's such a big deal about "racist" taunts anyway? How is it any worse to be called a black merkin than say a motherf**king wanker? The racism angle is completely irrelevant. Relevant headline should read:

"Benji punches thug for being unfriendly."

Latest posts