What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our New Fullback

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Hodgson may not have been a dominant tackler, but his technique was perfect, especially for someone of his size.

The number of tries he saved just through perfect technique and positioning is proof that he was a smart defender

Agreed. Pretzel was the master of using whatever he had and the momentum in the tackle to hold a larger player up in the in goal.

Tiger05

First Grade
Hodgo was a great player. Maybe not a great defender one on one but he saved plenty for us.

BuffaloRules

Coach
When the Tigers won the comp in 2005, Hodgo was fantastic over the last 3 months when they got on that roll...

He is the X factor that is missing with the current team...

Well, him and Prince...

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I remember a rampaging Paul Rahihi (what ever it was) made a break in the 05 grand final. Didn't Hodgo bring him down, had he not it would have been 12 nil to them. The only thing bigger than Rahihi was Hodgo's heart.

jason taylor

Bench
Well we also have Marimin Barba who is even smaller than Mullaney. Rumour has it that Luke Burt isn;t wanted so Mullaney might find a place at Fullback if Hayne moves to Five Eight permantly.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Burt would be a great pick up for the Tigers, having him here would help us to start beating Parra on a regular basis haha

tumblingdice

Juniors
This thread should be re-named 'Our New Fullbacks'.

We all know there will be numerous options taken and tried out.

Lets try and name them all and all the back 3 combinations. We should have a guessing competition re the number of different fullback options tested. Most likely by the middle of the season something will be settled on and then we start our usual late season charge once all the crap has been gone through, again:sarcasm:

jasonl

Juniors
The high ball is key (think Friday night). Mitch Brown is light years ahead in this area.

Remind me if you can of the last bomb he dropped.

Timmy M - not so cool.

With Marshall and a fit Lawrence WT do not necessarily require an attacking, hole running fullback.

Brown ticks multiple boxes and for the type of team WT must evolve into if they're serious about beating Melbourne et al he's probably a requirement.

stompin

Juniors
John Grant will be the fullback in 2012.. I hope so. I think he will prove to be one of our best signings.