What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our New Fullback

westie

Bench
Why would you move the best 5/8 in the world to fullback? Why not just get a full back?

Why would you move the best hole running centre in the world to 5/8?

Who would create the play? Lawrence can't pass or kick and has no vision.

I find any talk of Lawrence to five eighth really bewildering. I don't see an ounce of ball playing skill in him, nor kicking nor organiser nor with vision or creativity. He is a hole runner and the best hole running centre in the game who understands Benji as well as is possible. It would be madness to break up that combination. They'd both be very good fullbacks but their combination is too good to break up.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Marshall to fullback and Lawrence to five-eighth. I know a lot of you will be anxious about that, and I understand, but give Marshall that freedom than Slater and Sam Tomkins have.

The only time it would have been good to have Benji as a fullback was when he first started playing.

Not now.

Lawrence is not a five-eighth, he's a world class centre and should stay there.

Where do these dumb ideas end?

Lui to Lock?
Farah to Fullback?
Galloway to hooker?

boxhead

First Grade
Mullaney has signed with the Eels according to RLW. O was curious what Tigers fans think of him, I know he had an incredible points-scoring record in the NYC, is a fullback and that's about it. Thanks.

DanOz

Juniors
Mullaney has signed with the Eels according to RLW. O was curious what Tigers fans think of him, I know he had an incredible points-scoring record in the NYC, is a fullback and that's about it. Thanks.
He was never going to get a start under Sheens. None of us know how he will go in 1st grade, but good luck to the kid and hope he works out for you.

innsaneink

Referee
Isn't there a fair bit of talk that Sheens wants to get Curtis Sironen involved somewhere?
No....not a fair bit, there was a little bit some weeks back, but that was just to change the subject from an uncomfortable one to one a bit easier for them

westie

Bench
Where will he play at Parra? Their halves are full, so Hayne is a massive fullback contender. And Burt is really top class there.

boonboon

Juniors
Where will he play at Parra same place he plays at the Tigers NSW cup - too small, to weak and to be honest not that brilliant against decent defence - definatly not up to FG - may be in the future but definatly not at the moment

Where will he play at Parra same place he plays at the Tigers NSW cup - too small, to weak and to be honest not that brilliant against decent defence - definatly not up to FG - may be in the future but definatly not at the moment

Too small and too weak is a horseshit excuse.
Hodgo was 76kg and played SOO and 12 years of first grade.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Hodgson could tackle though. He was small and light but his defense was reasonable considering his size.

From what I have seen of Mullaney, his defense is not good enough for FG. Definitely a talent with ball in hand, but remains to be seen if he'll make it.

Hodgson could tackle though. He was small and light but his defense was reasonable considering his size.

From what I have seen of Mullaney, his defense is not good enough for FG. Definitely a talent with ball in hand, but remains to be seen if he'll make it.

Great as Hodgo was and as much as we love to look at past heroes with rose coloured glasses, Hodgo would be lucky to be able to tackle his missus. His defense was woeful. Massive heart and all effort but a turnstyle at the back. He just never copped any flak from any direction.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
That must have been somebody else throwing their body in front of a rampaging Webcke after he made a clean break early on in the semi-final back in 2005 then. He was no Garry Jack but he certainly wasn't "woeful" either.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Great as Hodgo was and as much as we love to look at past heroes with rose coloured glasses, Hodgo would be lucky to be able to tackle his missus. His defense was woeful. Massive heart and all effort but a turnstyle at the back. He just never copped any flak from any direction.

You are way off the mark. His defence was hardly woeful.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hodgson may not have been a dominant tackler, but his technique was perfect, especially for someone of his size.

The number of tries he saved just through perfect technique and positioning is proof that he was a smart defender

Latest posts