What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dufmack

Juniors
Heard strong sources claim that Mark O'meley is coming back to play for penrith!!! would be pretty good as long as we dont fork out to much to sign him.

murraymob

Coach
cant see it.Omealy is 32 and last played nrl in 2009.We have some young props coming through we could sign all of them for the price omealy wants

Panfas

Juniors
Looks like jt will resign with the cowboys they are calling a press conference tomorrow
That will go against what he said not long ago. I cant find the article but he said he wont sign anywhere until after this season and wants to test the open market. It could have been on the footy show he said this.

If he does re-sign good luck to him. Would rather he stay at the 'boys if he does not go to the 'riff

murraymob

Coach
stg would be a poor signing offers nothing that we dont already have simpkins and smith are identical players we should be after justin horo at least he has a good off load and would be cheaper than stagg

murraymob

Coach
stagg at 5/8 your kidding the mascot has more moves than stagg has .We have seijka moylan walsh kingston seyargo moss who if needed could play 5/8 and be better than stagg

Big Mick

Referee
Stagg has played well this year.

But I am not sure he is a difference maker for us.

He may be our starting lock if the powers that be feel Austin needs more development time.

franklin2323

Immortal
I can not think of a reason why we need Stagg. We have Newton, Ciraldo, Galea, Plum, Smith, Manu & Brown for experience. He doesn't offer much in attack. Brown, Simpkins & Smith can match his defence work.

Copperhead

Juniors
I can not think of a reason why we need Stagg. We have Newton, Ciraldo, Galea, Plum, Smith, Manu & Brown for experience. He doesn't offer much in attack. Brown, Simpkins & Smith can match his defence work.

There's also Robinson, Docker and VTK. I would have prefered not to put another player in front of them.

franklin2323

Immortal
There's also Robinson, Docker and VTK. I would have prefered not to put another player in front of them.

Of course. I left them out as they don't fit Stagg's strength. As Big Mick said aside from experience there is no need for him. If we want to keep Robinson on the left. We put Brown lock. If we want him off the bench we have Smith to start. That's not counting VTK, Austin etc having blinders from round 1. Either way no need for him.

anjado

Juniors
Stagg has a high work rate and would be a good signing for the right amount of money, he is someone who can easily rack up 50 tackles a game. With Segeyaro coming to the club next season it will mean Kingston's playing time is reduced so we will need someone else to fill the void in terms of work rate.

mxlegend99

Referee
If Stagg means that Galea and Ciraldo are a notch lower in the pecking order for first grade, it would be a solid signing.

AB129*

Juniors
From an outside perspective, this guy would be excellent for you. An hardened first grader with big game experience and a deeply committed attitude. And a great ruck clean up man and defensive workhorse. Isn't that what the Panthers have missed the last few years (amongst other things)?

age.s

First Grade
A couple of years ago I would have been all for it. Now I just don't see what he offers that Simpkins doesn't with the benefit of being younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.