What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
Also read a little snippet in the DT that said we might still be in the hunt for JT and that the cows are more worried about us then the dogs. Take what you want from that.

franklin2323

Immortal
I imagine a year of every player linked to us. As for this no thanks we are fine for backrowers.

Our 1st 2 signings should be Townsend and Thurston. Start with our weakest positions 1st.

blain

Juniors
I imagine a year of every player linked to us. As for this no thanks we are fine for backrowers.

Our 1st 2 signings should be Townsend and Thurston. Start with our weakest positions 1st.

Lol it's Ivan Cleary man, he will load you guys up with back rowers and plug gaps in your team with them. Taylor is a solid young player with a good head on his shoulders, but last year he was shocking and offered little on attack and defence. Although most our team did so...

In saying that I would have him over Ben Henry, but are similar players anyway.

As amazing a signng thurston would be , Sam Williams has me a little more interested just because of his age.

Certainly interesting times ahead on the signings front.

franklin2323

Immortal
Townsend? no thanks.
6. Thurston
7. Sam Williams
Yes please.

Yeah we want to go as cheap as possible. Dragons have already made a big money play at him. I would expect the same. If we are smart we can get Thurston, Folau and a cheap young half

We need to keep money for backs whether that would be re-signing Moss, Satini etc. I assume we will need an upgrade for Austin this time around. We need another hooker assuming Kingston goes. Mid range like Segeyaro.

We have the best half in the game if we get JT. Townsend 22 same age as Williams can GK and has played a bit of FG and hasn't been too bad.

Anyway. I can't see him leaving. Given McCrone is hooker now. Leaves the 7 for him. I would expect any long stint in NSW Cup he will be more willing to leave.

The Townsend/Williams age is the age we should target. They get 3 years with Thurston then at 26 or 27 get to run the team. So 1 of them with Thurston is the go.

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I can't see him leaving. Given McCrone is hooker now. Leaves the 7 for him. I would expect any long stint in NSW Cup he will be more willing to leave.

I can see Williams leaving for sure, especially with Mitch Cornish(2015) and Anthony Milford(2014) re-signing last year. At least one of them will be in First Grade next year, maybe even this year.

soc123_au

Staff member
The Raiders do seem to have a few too many halves. Milford looks the goods so they would be crazy to let him go, so Williams may get squeezed out. Souffs apparently have a good young half as well that will be stuck behind Reynolds. Cant think of his name, but Souffs fans seem to talk him up.

Thurston & a good young bloke would be good. Thurston & Carney although unrealistic would be awsome short term.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Souffs apparently have a good young half as well that will be stuck behind Reynolds. Cant think of his name, but Souffs fans seem to talk him up.

Luke Keary.

I am confident by 2015 we will be able to produce a quality half from the playmakers academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts