What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panfas

Juniors
Yes, we need to save it all for a down payment on a back ended contract for JT.
Please! No backending. All it does is f**k up your recruiting for future years. We have the money for 2014 for him, especially with 3rd party payments. What major company would not want to sponsor the best player in the game

franklin2323

Immortal
Panther was being a smart arse. I thought we had local options for fullback?

We have heaps. Moylan, Roberts and Moss are all very good options from as early as this season. Satini aside (I think we will lose both Jennings') we lack a strike centre. Strike centre and 1/2's should be 1st targets.

abpanther

Staff member
Why would both Jennings' leave, just because their brother left?

That would be beyond stupid, particularly given that we offer them plenty of opportunity to nail a starting centre spot

franklin2323

Immortal
You posted that article the other day. Does Michael sound happy? I assume they talk. The same manager handles all 3. So he won't give the club a glowing endorsement. Their side will say we couldn't have him for cheap so cut him 3 years early. So it's hard to prove otherwise.

betcats

Referee
They might leave but hopefully at this stage the oopurtunity ar Penrith keeps them here. How long are they contracted? Anyway who knows what Micks saying to them, what a player or club saus to the media and what is actually happening can be two very different things. Trying to predict if theyll go or not at this stage is silly imo, they are hear for now.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
In SMH this morning Mateo talking to Panthers, looks like he will give Warriors chance to match the offer first before making a decision.

I suppose the thing in our favour which is rare is that we can now outbid most if not all clubs for the players we want to sign.

Something I can't remember the club being able to do in the recent past.

Last edited:

darkbloom

Juniors
In SMH this morning Mateo talking to Panthers, looks like he will give Warriors chance to match the offer first before making a decision.

I suppose the thing in our favour which is rare is that we can now outbid most if not all clubs for the players we want to sign.

Are you saying a player is more affordable because there has been salary cap space created?

Or because the licensed club has more cabbage to put into football now?

murraymob

Coach
Are you saying a player is more affordable because there has been salary cap space created?

Or because the licensed club has more cabbage to put into football now?

i think its more the case of us being able to field 2 teams with everybody now being linked to us.We are a managers bouncing ball at the moment.We have more cap space no doubt but yes who knows if there is actually the money there to spend

Luke Bowden

First Grade
As much as I've always rated Mateo, I don't think we need another back rower.

We've got Robertson, Docker, Simpkins, VTK and Austin all coming through combined with our established players.

I think the cash can be spent better elsewhere.

Iafeta

Referee
the only thing certain is he wants to leave the warriors but he is wanted by the dogs and eels as well could be interesting

Wrong. From his own family, thats not the case at all. He's trying to get an increase (so the rumours were always going to come), but he's happy in New Zealand, and his Mrs is not keen to move given she is on the Warriors pay roll.

franklin2323

Immortal
As much as I've always rated Mateo, I don't think we need another back rower.

We've got Robertson, Docker, Simpkins, VTK and Austin all coming through combined with our established players.

I think the cash can be spent better elsewhere.

This is my fear. The money gets wasted

Diesel

Referee

He deserves an upgrade and the Warriors have room in the cap like the Panthers, it could end up like a bidding war

Karnivayne

Juniors
Why would we need Mateo, i'm sure the 15 second rowers we have will do, his manager is probably just trying to bump up his price when he upgrades his contract with the Warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts