What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I will not be silent about this

MrAnonymous

Bench
Eel... It's not me. I can never go along with something that is wrong and actively works against me.

If this was decision that was voted on by the clubs here in the USA and this was the decision, sure Id get behind it.... but it wasnt.

---

Take it this way eel.... when I get behind something... I really get behind it. I throw a big event for it... I did this with the NRL Grand Final... Getting 50-100 People packed in a Bar on a Sunday Morning with a pre-fix breakfast menu, promoting it to all the Union, Mens, Women and other random people/fans.

If I were to do that here in this situation we I would get laughed at.... None of my players support this team (not because they were not picked but because no one was picked), then you try to explain it to a fan or a college kid it looks like a big fkn joke... so Like i said I cant get behind it.

So you bad mouth it instead.
No wonder league is going nowhere in the US with merkins like you running it.

Mr. Anon,

You must distinguish between bad mouthing the sport and bad mouthing the way its being run by administrators that cant grow the sport past the north of England and west of Melbourne, who think they know whats best for the United States, or who don't care enough to investigate an 'governing body' who can not host a friendly match against its next door neighbors never mind organize a world cup team and promote the sport to the American Population.

So bad mouth the sport no, but bad mouthing those running it and advocating for a common sense logical approach to the governance and tactical approach on growing it, yes.

Its the American way.

with merkins like you running it.

BWzmXolCAAAilRD.jpg
- Those are kids playing RL, they have been doing it for 3 years now.

IowaRL

Juniors
'Murica!

Most people I know here in Iowa who know league aren't interested in the United States of Australia Shamahawks, but I still want them to watch, learn and get to the point that our players can't be refused.

Western_Eel

Juniors
Eel... It's not me. I can never go along with something that is wrong and actively works against me.

If this was decision that was voted on by the clubs here in the USA and this was the decision, sure Id get behind it.... but it wasnt.

---

Take it this way eel.... when I get behind something... I really get behind it. I throw a big event for it... I did this with the NRL Grand Final... Getting 50-100 People packed in a Bar on a Sunday Morning with a pre-fix breakfast menu, promoting it to all the Union, Mens, Women and other random people/fans.

If I were to do that here in this situation we I would get laughed at.... None of my players support this team (not because they were not picked but because no one was picked), then you try to explain it to a fan or a college kid it looks like a big fkn joke... so Like i said I cant get behind it.

Will you be watching the games?

Bronco Rob

Juniors

I wouldn't go embararrsing yourself any further with your uninformed and ignorant comments.

It's not going anywhere because of self-interested individuals who are currently running the AMNRL not because of the likes of Lawrence (Rhode Island Rebellion) who has done more for development of the game in the US than any of the charlatans running the current US side.

I suggest for you to educate yourself on the matter before shooting your unqualified mouth off any further.

byrner

Juniors
Hey guys. You know I support what you are doing over there. Getting kids to play rugby league and expanding the game with little support is a great thing.

But take this setback as a challenge.
Think of it this way: No one outside of the U.S. thinks you are any good. We think you have a piss ant comp and your local players are garbage.

You think I am wrong? Prove it!

Put the work in over the next 5 years, recruit more locals, develop and come out swinging.

MrAnonymous

Bench
I wouldn't go embararrsing yourself any further with your uninformed and ignorant comments.

It's not going anywhere because of self-interested individuals who are currently running the AMNRL not because of the likes of Lawrence (Rhode Island Rebellion) who has done more for development of the game in the US than any of the charlatans running the current US side.

I suggest for you to educate yourself on the matter before shooting your unqualified mouth off any further.

Why would i be embarrassed over something i said on the interwebz?

All i see is bitching on here from all you merkins. Get over it

Steve Davy

Juniors
-- Unless David Niu runs on the field with a firearm and starts shooting the other team, and then maybe then there will be something on Piers Morgan's CNN Show.

He would declare there is going to be the US army running on the pitch shooting everyone. On the day, it would be just him, on the wrong field.

And he would miss everyone.

YANTO

Juniors
I cant believe some of the negative comments on here.BE HONEST guys an AMNRL/USARL team would not be able to compete at the level required in THIS world cup.The squad that has beaten France in a warm up game and tonight have beaten Cook Island's can only add to the development of the game.Despite the Aussie.Kiwis and England not realising it INTERNATIONAL football is the only way to get the game developed.USA rugby league is still in its infancy and what is better than a USA rep team performing on the field.LOOK LONG term not selfish interest's.

Craigo

Juniors
I cant believe some of the negative comments on here.BE HONEST guys an AMNRL/USARL team would not be able to compete at the level required in THIS world cup.The squad that has beaten France in a warm up game and tonight have beaten Cook Island's can only add to the development of the game.Despite the Aussie.Kiwis and England not realising it INTERNATIONAL football is the only way to get the game developed.USA rugby league is still in its infancy and what is better than a USA rep team performing on the field.LOOK LONG term not selfish interest's.
I think your missing the point of most of the negative posts. This side would have lost very little if anything by choosing around 4 - 6 genuine American domestic players over Aussie (and one Kiwi) park footballers in the squad, who have only a minor link to the U.S. The fact that the side has been chosen and run by Australians also grates. Add that a couple of the players are RU guys and have only played a couple of RL games and you can see why blokes have the shits.
Its great that they beat the Cook Islands but I'm pretty sure they will get more press in Canberra than California for it...

adamkungl

Immortal

Clearly nfi

I think your missing the point of most of the negative posts. This side would have lost very little if anything by choosing around 4 - 6 genuine American domestic players over Aussie (and one Kiwi) park footballers in the squad, who have only a minor link to the U.S. The fact that the side has been chosen and run by Australians also grates. Add that a couple of the players are RU guys and have only played a couple of RL games and you can see why blokes have the shits.
Its great that they beat the Cook Islands but I'm pretty sure they will get more press in Canberra than California for it...

^ This.

That said, no point bitching about it anymore. They got a win! Which will hopefully mean something to those back home.

In the next few years, concentrate on improving the standard, build towards a semi-pro comp, get some of the top talent pathways into Aus and Eng semi-pro comps, and come back in 2017 with some home grown American stars.

Craigo

Juniors
Clearly nfi

^ This.

That said, no point bitching about it anymore. They got a win! Which will hopefully mean something to those back home.

In the next few years, concentrate on improving the standard, build towards a semi-pro comp, get some of the top talent pathways into Aus and Eng semi-pro comps, and come back in 2017 with some home grown American stars.
Not bitching about it, just pointing out why people are dissapointed over the make up of the American team in a thread that started well before the WC began. Yep, they got a win and I was cheering them all the way too!

Fatwing15

Juniors
I thought the game was great to watch. A bunch of the guys on the Sharks got to watch the game and everyone was FIRED up to see the US get a win.

It was really cool getting to see a couple guys that we all played against this year have such an impact on such a HUGE stage. Offerdahl and Priestly both played great.

I think this shows that the top level talent in the Amnrl/USARL can compete on the highest level.

Both leagues just need to improve their depth. Easier said than done, as I think all the teams are forced to fill out the back end of their roster with less than top notch athletes. Most rugby teams don't have cuts, and have a ton of athletes that were not good enough to play other sports at the collegiate level or higher. ( I started playing rugby because I wasn't a good enough athlete to play a sport in college, but still had the competive desire to play a fast pace contact sport) I feel this is a common theme and is the reason why most of the players here started playing at 18-20 years old. Thats why i feel The new youth development up in New England is so vital and will prove to an excellent proving ground!

Kurt Angle

First Grade
I think this shows that the top level talent in the Amnrl/USARL can compete on the highest level.

Mate, it was Cook Islands, it wasn't the highest level.

I am thrilled at this world cup, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

My Malaysian brother-in-law watched the U.S./C.I. as the first viewing of the world cup, to him he said it was about the same pace as the Murri RL festival which is screen on NITV.

Evil Homer

Staff member

My Malaysian brother-in-law watched the U.S./C.I. as the first viewing of the world cup, to him he said it was about the same pace as the Murri RL festival which is screen on NITV.
The World Cup is the highest level of the sport. Not necessarily the best standard but the highest level. A match between Honduras and Senegal (for example) at the soccer WC would probably not be much better than an average A-League game, but it's still the highest level of the sport.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Well then we can "super pool/non-super pool" our way to every nation being 'able to compete at the highest level'.

MrAnonymous

Bench

They have 15 or 16 current and former first graders in their squad. How is that not a high level ?

:lol:Usa and Cook islands would kill any team from the Aboriginal Knockout

Son of Minto

Bench

Your brother in law is a idiot then. The Murri/Koori knockouts are full dudes straight out of the pub, the quality and pace is shithouse. USA/Cooks would FLOG them.

Latest posts