What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Rebel sport did it a few years ago but I think you only got $30 off a new jersey.

I wonder if they did it again whether you could trick some dumb ass behind the counter for swapping a best and less jumper

Zigwaa

Bench
Not quite. Kooga Australia has different owners to Kooga UK, essentially are rebranding as BLK and Seviin.

KooGa Australia were sick of doing lots of promotion work with KooGa UK doing next to nothing and sharing the benefits.

kdalymc

Bench
When are they going to do a chargers heritage?
And why is it seagulls anyway?? They were the 2nd team, where's the giants lurve.?

Joker's Wild

Coach
On another note, amazing how many sports have 'retro' or 'throw back' jerseys. It kinda says to me 'our current clobber is shite, so let's play in a proper jersey once a year'. Hmmm...

I think its more about catering to the older market tbh. People want to hold onto the memories of their youth and for RL fans from the 80s and 90s theres no better way to do that than to wear older kit to games.

Its certainly why I only buy retro jerseys. "Nostalgia is the opium of the age" and all that

beave

Coach
They won the bowl/plate at the 1996 7's......... But from memory they were the 'Gladiators' at the time.

gold_coast_gladiators_7s.jpg

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Not a jersey but a NQ hoody that is coming out next year

null_zps98f7b9ef.jpg

The lack of yellow gives me a hard on....... And moving to Brisbane at the end of the year, I will actually get use out of one! This colour scheme is what the club needs to embrace for jerseys and merch.

Agree100% & love that Raiders jersey

The Great Dane

First Grade
Titans should do a Chargers jersey for the 9's, commemorating their World Sevens victory...

They won the bowl/plate at the 1996 7's......... But from memory they were the 'Gladiators' at the time.

Yes they were actually the Gladiators at the time.

A Gladiators or Chargers inspired jersey would be the only Titans jersey I'd ever consider buying, I'd definitely buy it if it had either of the old logos on it as well as the Titans logo.

kdalymc

Bench
There's no way they would use a logo. Totally different entity.
But hopefully they will consider a jersey.
Just seem wierd and rude that they have done 2 (more?) seagulls ones now, when there were 2 other teams as well.

Flapper

First Grade
They're not doing Seagulls ones really though are they? They could easily do a proper Seagulls one in Red Black & White and people will love it. Newcastle have based their heritage jersey on the old Newcastle team in the past so why can't the Titans go full on with their heritage gear instead of piss poor compromises?

GAZF

First Grade
They keyline around the logos looks surprisingly good. I doubt something like that would work for a more complex logo like the Storm's though. Wonder if they'll persist with the sleeve stripes.

kdalymc

Bench
They're not doing Seagulls ones really though are they? They could easily do a proper Seagulls one in Red Black & White and people will love it. Newcastle have based their heritage jersey on the old Newcastle team in the past so why can't the Titans go full on with their heritage gear instead of piss poor compromises?

Ahh you make a good point.
It's on then- chargers heritage in chargers colours! Bring it on kents

Status
Not open for further replies.