What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R3 // Fri // Broncos 26-30 Roosters // Suncorp

Round 3: Broncos v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Pete

Referee
It isn't semantics, it's apples and oranges. You're comparing an incident to where the play was stopped to when it wasn't.

Yes, it hurt us not only once but twice as the referees used one of our drop outs to put Evans on report when really he should have been penalised earlier but those type of incidents happen every game.

tomdl

Bench
Semantics, point is the drop out was delayed more than a minute for a pot hole while the roosters were supposed to be under pressure with only 30sec to collect themselves.

This, the on field referee has the discretion in this situation. He should be telling them to play the f**k on and realise what the defending team was trying to achieve.

insert.pause

First Grade
No he wasn't, he was a couple of metres behind the play by the time the Roosters played the ball.

If anything, Broncos fans should be a bit peeved about Aubusson making contact with Hoffman's outside shoulder on SKD's try, not the fact that Thaiday was knocked out in back play.

he was knocked out in the tackle, ergo before the ball was played and he was still unconscious and entangled with the man playing the ball, ergo he was in front of the play.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
Well we could barely have played worse.

No ball, a massive penalty count against and yet we still win.

A good sign I guess.

Promising signs for Brissy for 2015 with Milford on board. How good is Parker? If I could add one player foe the Roosters itd be Inglis ... but then it'd be Parker lol

Chook

First Grade
The worst part of that game was listening to the commentary team of Hadley, Lewis, Lockyer and Sterling, geesus christ could they be any more biased towards the Broncos? I thought Wally was going to rush onto the field and give Gillet a blow job at one stage. I'll be watching the replay's on mute.

A very scrappy win, way too many points leaked from us. Those last tackle running tries should not happen. Anyway two points is two points.

And lol @ souffs lost so perfect start to the weekend.

Chook.

Not many sides would have beaten Brisbane up there last night. Was a good win under the circumstances for the Roosters. But a lot of work to do between now and Manly next week. Defensively they have leaked points this year that last year they would not have. Hopefully that improves but it is good to see them scoring points to win games. But Robbo would not be pleased.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I want to know what happened to the 6000 people who bought tickets to the game, but didn't lob..

The weather was perfect, free public transport, etc..

It was mental..would've pushed the crowd over 40 000 too..

Anyways it was nice to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat..

Shows the character in the group..

Go those Roosters..

kit66

Bench
Best moment -
JWH puts on a good hit that's deemed high by the ref ( nothing in it imo ) and turns to walk away, Third Man comes screamin' in all huffy and tough, JWH, very casually it must be said, turns to face him and Third Man wilts like a little puppy. Beautiful.
Great win to the Rorters. Good effort by the Broncs but not enough.

Chook

First Grade
10 f**king penalties for the Roosters and not one sin bin. Unbelievable.

Give it up dude. You had Shayne "I hate the Roosters" Hayne in your corner. He overlooked two forward passes from Thiaday and another penalty in the 64th minute when Third Man Sam tackled Pearce. Apart from Hunt he was MOM for you guys.

Chook.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Dale Copley was one of the worst players in the NRL last few years,he seems like a non dope this season,someone must have taught him how to play

Last edited:

RWB

Bench
How good would the Roosters be if they didn't have Shaun Kenny Derp and Anthony Ploddichello in there side

Haha yeh I chuckled when the Broncos players were urging the ref to send off Mini, he was one of their best on Friday night.