What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

07 Jersey

From the latest catalogue, available here:

http://www.dragons.com.au/assets/SummerCatalogue2007.pdf

Jersey2007.jpg

It will change. They've just got the old one on their design.

If that design is accurate the V will be a fair bit longer. The current one has the Telstra Premiership and St George Illawarra logoes right down on the very bottom of the V.

After a pretty damn succesful Christmas shop (I hate Christmas shopping) I popped into the Dragons Cave store on Burelli Street in Wollongong to see if they had the new jerseys in. They do. I should've taken a camera but alas.

Some points.

1. The V is definitely longer and by a significant margin. I'd say something like 20-30%. The goatee is much more significant and the NRL/Saints logos no longer sit right down near the bottom of the V.

I'm not sure whether the average person in the street would notice it, but it's plain to see the difference/improvement when you have the old and the new jerseys sitting next to one another.

2. Two other changes to the front of the jersey. Firstly, we have the new Telstra Premiership logo. I realise that it isn't very popular around LU but I reckon it looks much more professional and integrated. I still have to get used to the blue though. The new logo is also smaller than the old one and balances quite nicely with our logo on the other side. Secondly, the "bank" text of the sponsor's logo is a little smaller than it used to be.

3. The St George Bank logo on the back is quite different compared to last year. Check out the picture in the first post of this thread to see. Also, the OKI bit seemed to be a slightly different tone than it used to be. Still red, but a brighter shade.

4. Red away jumper appears unchanged except for the new St George Bank text.

Father Ted

First Grade
Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
After a pretty damn succesful Christmas shop (I hate Christmas shopping) I popped into the Dragons Cave store on Burelli Street in Wollongong to see if they had the new jerseys in. They do. I should've taken a camera but alas.

Some points.

1. The V is definitely longer and by a significant margin. I'd say something like 20-30%. The goatee is much more significant and the NRL/Saints logos no longer sit right down near the bottom of the V.

I'm not sure whether the average person in the street would notice it, but it's plain to see the difference/improvement when you have the old and the new jerseys sitting next to one another.

2. Two other changes to the front of the jersey. Firstly, we have the new Telstra Premiership logo. I realise that it isn't very popular around LU but I reckon it looks much more professional and integrated. I still have to get used to the blue though. The new logo is also smaller than the old one and balances quite nicely with our logo on the other side. Secondly, the "bank" text of the sponsor's logo is a little smaller than it used to be.

3. The St George Bank logo on the back is quite different compared to last year. Check out the picture in the first post of this thread to see. Also, the OKI bit seemed to be a slightly different tone than it used to be. Still red, but a brighter shade.

4. Red away jumper appears unchanged except for the new St George Bank text.

Red away jumpers have red shorts and socks to go with them this year

G

gorilla

Father Ted said:
Red away jumpers have red shorts and socks to go with them this year

Dad, don't tell me the socks are red too ?

BTW, will you get your ass over to Rexie and collect your voucher - I will not be in business for long !!

Father Ted

First Grade
gorilla said:
Dad, don't tell me the socks are red too ?

BTW, will you get your ass over to Rexie and collect your voucher - I will not be in business for long !!

I had rather hoped you'd be telling me stories of your first million by now big guy , hope your only joking . Yeah red socks as well . Vomit bucket for two ?

G

gorilla

Selling the business - not going out backward. Got a buyer and all - settle in early january.

Not cut out for this town. I'll recoup in Sydney for a year or so (got a job lined up already for january - an absolute cracker [tell you about it one match this year]) and then re-look around for new things.

Red is supposed to strike fear into opponents subconscious - Danish Vickings used to smear red paint around their groins before going into battle, didjahno ?