What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: Origin 1 :: NSW 18 QLD 10 @ ANZ

Origin 1 Result :: Blues v Maroons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
Ben Hornby? I thought the city/country game was supposed to mean something... Hornby was only included in that game because several others missed out. And no Kurt Gidley? With Anthony Quinn on the wing?

As a Queensland fan, I'm absolutely loving that team. Queensland by plenty.

skeepe

Immortal
I wonder how Matt Elliott is feeling knowing that he now officially didn't see any worth in making an Origin-quality half a contract offer.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
If you are going to pick Bird at 5/8 then you need Gidley at FB so he compensates for a lack Birds of playmaking ability.

Garts

Bench
I hope QLD do not turn up to play on the night as that is NSW only chance of winning.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Goalkicking will fall to Wallace or Fitzgibbon, would've thought that went without saying.

parra pete

Referee
Anasta, O'Meley, Pearce should have been in that side as well....with Shillington and Myles, hopefully included in the Queensland team as well.
Hayne was lucky to get his wing spot..can't believe thay picked him..;-)

adamkungl

Immortal
NSW to defend their guts out, make constant attacks on QLDs line, then to fail time and time again as Bird slowly realises he isn't a 5/8ths arsecrack

Ben Hornby? I thought the city/country game was supposed to mean something... Hornby was only included in that game because several others missed out.

In defence of the selection of Hornby, what other utilities were available?

It seems City Origin bench utility Wallace was their first choice, but he's been called into the starting side.

Gidley, Australian bench utility, is unavailable through injury, but probably would've played in the starting side.

Kearney was originially picked as the bench utility for Country until injuries forced him into the starting side, meaning he wasn't trialled as a bench utility.

Consequently the meaningfulness of City/Country and Australian selection as an indicator of State of Origin selection isn't really called into question here.

Latest posts