What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R1 MNF :: Storm 32 Warriors 18 @ Telstra Dome

Storm v Warriors - Round 1 Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shorty

Staff member
wittyfan said:
Witty did it only once.
Twice.
Poor Warriors,they've had some pretty sh*thouse performances tonight,although perhaps Manu redeemed himself even just a little.

mickdo

Coach
Shorty said:
Poor Warriors,they've had some pretty sh*thouse performances tonight,although perhaps Manu redeemed himself even just a little.
He must have had a hand in about 6 tries... deserves the 3 Dally M points for that effort! :lol:

Eelectrica

Referee
pantherz9103 said:
If someone like the Titans had made another team wait then nobody would care
Titans are my second team, since I live on the Gold Coast and all, but I'd be very disappointed if they pulled a stunt like that. I wouldn't defend them up at all.

There are no excuses for being 5+ minutes late for both the start of the game and half time. Hope the NRL have the guts to give them a big fine so as Melbourne make damn sure their clocks are all set correctly next time.

Shorty

Staff member
To my knowledge it's an enclosed stadium,Witty and other kickers were just woeful.
The Warriors showed there's still life after McKinnon but it's messy.

mickdo

Coach
Eelectrica said:
make damn sure their clocks are all set correctly next time.
Nothing to do with their clocks. The ground manager knocks on the door and tells them when it is time. Unless he stuffed up and managed to knock on one door...

skeepe

Immortal
mickdo said:
Nothing to do with their clocks. The ground manager knocks on the door and tells them when it is time. Unless he stuffed up and managed to knock on one door...

Actually, there's generally a buzzer that goes off in each of the change rooms when it's time to leave.

Apey

Staff member
mickdo said:
All over me, yeah right :roll:

Is this the Storm fanclub to the defence?

No just picking up on you being stupid.

I would not be surprised at all if it turns out to be a cheat tactic, but how is wanting to hear the explanation from anyone involved, be it the coach or whoever, warranting a pestering? It's an opinion. How does it effect you personally?

Yeah I'm a storm fan mate :sarcasm: :lol: Don't support either teams but prefer the Warriors.

mickdo

Coach
Apey said:
No just picking up on you being stupid.

I would not be surprised at all if it turns out to be a cheat tactic, but how is wanting to hear the explanation from anyone involved, be it the coach or whoever, warranting a pestering? It's an opinion. How does it effect you personally?

Yeah I'm a storm fan mate :sarcasm: :lol: Don't support either teams but prefer the Warriors.
How exactly am I being stupid, apart from you saying so :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
It was an obvious cheating tactic. The Storm are absolute scum and should be stripped of 2 points. In fact, under the rules of the game, the game should have been awarded to the Warriors due to forfeit.

Eelectrica

Referee
mickdo said:
Yeah, I know mate, I know. Just pre-empting the Storms pathetic excuse.

We all know it was a cheating tactic. If the NRL don't act now we'll have teams wandering on the field at all sorts of odd times to start the half.

MKEB...

Staff member
Im a bit annoyed at the Bellamy tactics. ( gee, I didnt think that I would hear myself saying that again :sarcasm: ). Football is a strength and skill game, why does he feel the need to turn things into gamesmanship. As a footy fan that annoys me.

Billythekid

First Grade
I love being a storm fan, the bitter tears are delicious. I can tell it's gonna be another great year.

Piss poor effort by the officials at the game. The touchies, ref and video ref made some poor decisions and im not afraid to admit that the warriors were hard done by a few times.

Very impressed by our forward pack bar Brett White who was as soft as a teddy bear as usual. Tagatese was especially impressive.

Billy had another great game, QLD can keep Hunt cause i want NSW to win the series. I also like what i've seen from will chambers, very strong in defense. Only backs who didn't look really impressive were Atkin (nothing special from him tonight really looked like a pedestrian) and Matt Geyer, his dragging his career out and i hope for his sake that it's his last year.

Anyway look forward to hearing everyone whinge next week after we have yet another comfortable win, and don't worry i'll be happy to rub it in week after week after week:lol:.

Mr Saab

Referee
Billythekid said:
Billy had another great game, QLD can keep Hunt cause i want NSW to win the series.

Yeah cause QLD have reall sucked the past 2 yrs with Hunt there...one of your best