What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R16 Fri :: Roosters 24 Bulldogs 14 @ SFS

Round 16 Result :: Roosters v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Seriously did Amos ground that try... Haven't seen it on tv but at the ground on the big screen i swear he dropped it.. tbh the better team still won but I am not convinced it was a try..

PARRA_FAN

Coach
No way that was a try. What the hell were the commentators going on about. The ball clearly leaves his hand.

Regardless Roosters win anyway.

Cletus

First Grade
Seriously did Amos ground that try... Haven't seen it on tv but at the ground on the big screen i swear he dropped it.. tbh the better team still won but I am not convinced it was a try..

His fingers never left the ball but it did look pretty dodgy.

OVP

Coach
Dogs for the spoon.

I'd hate to see what a full strength Roosters team would have done to them.

I tipped the Dogs for the spoon long before the season started. More for stirring value (after we signed Mason) than anything else. Could be a 3 way battle, but the strong finish leads me to believe they wont be anywhere near the spoon. But gee they are terrible, I honestly cant believe we won that game. Has to be Poffo's curse :lol:

Geohood

Bench
Oh boy...

The 5/8 kicking the ball 30 mtrs backwards on the 2nd tackle
Roberts' try
SBW grubbering from his in-goal
O'Meley kicking the ball 15 mtrs off the drop out
Sa's try

I'm surely missing some...

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Honestly, sh*t match.. Roberts try was not a try.. Peratts try was not a try..

We went into the match with 10 top grade players out.. After 30 minutes we added another two to the sidelines.. By full time it was 3.. We can't get any luck, always get the bad calls.. Such a horrible year for us.

But what can ya do? Bring on 2009.

Monk

Referee
perretts's = no try
roberts = try
bulldogs were so disappointing,
without Sa & SKD, roosters would have lost

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Honestly, sh*t match.. Roberts try was not a try.. Peratts try was not a try..

We went into the match with 10 top grade players out.. After 30 minutes we added another two to the sidelines.. By full time it was 3.. We can't get any luck, always get the bad calls.. Such a horrible year for us.

But what can ya do? Bring on 2009.

You did get some blatantly poor calls your way.. A kickoff that didn't go 10 metres batted back and dived on by Friend and Dogs got a penalty.. Winitana who has an alighty fat arse tackled over the sideline and bang penalty.. I reckon Bill was trying to even up for the fact Maxwell hates us.. We had never won under him prior to tonight.. He is a shocker..

Kiki

First Grade
can someone tell me how the video ref awarded that perret try but disallowed beau ryans try a few weeks ago???? the inconsistency KILLS ME IN THE SOUL.

Roosterphin1

Juniors
can someone tell me how the video ref awarded that perret try but disallowed beau ryans try a few weeks ago???? the inconsistency KILLS ME IN THE SOUL.

Because beau ryan bounced the ball whereas perretts hand never left the ball. He may never of had it in his grasp but his fingers never left the ball and he had downward pressure. Clear try.

I heard Sterling say he never had control but the law doesnt state you have to have control. A clear case is a Greg Inglis try (I think) where he loses it and then gets his hand to the ball and provides downward pressre as the ball hits the ground.

Sood

Juniors
You did get some blatantly poor calls your way.. A kickoff that didn't go 10 metres batted back and dived on by Friend and Dogs got a penalty.. Winitana who has an alighty fat arse tackled over the sideline and bang penalty.. I reckon Bill was trying to even up for the fact Maxwell hates us.. We had never won under him prior to tonight.. He is a shocker..

Yep those 2 calls were weird.

Also that no try call against james aubs in the first half... that was a try.