What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R2 Sat :: Cowboys 10 Tigers 30 @ Dairy Farmers

Cowboys v Tigers - Round 2 Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Y2Eel

First Grade
Great Game again by Tigers Defense was terrific.. Tigers now my dark horse for top 4

Big Pete

Referee
I don't think the Cowboys should be too upset following this loss. The Tigers are one of their boogey teams and always seem to lift a gear against the Cowboys. I have some doubt over next week especially with Bowen and Thurston coming off shockers, they'll be looking to rip into the wounded Bronco pack.

Credit is due though to the Tigers, good performance from them.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
MATCH ROUND-UP

wes-alt.jpg

Wests Tigers
TRIES Liam Fulton, Tim Moltzen, Chris Lawrence, Bronson Harrison, Robbie Farah
GOALS Brett Hodgson 3/3, Chris Lawrence 2/5

nql-main.jpg

North Queensland
TRIES Ashley Graham, Ben Harris
GOALS Johnathon Thurston 1/2

CROWD 20,655
HALFTIME Tigers 14-4
PENALTIES Tigers 11-7
SCRUMS Tigers 9-8

POSITIVES
TACKLES
NQL 264 WES 225
Aaron Payne (NQL) 29
Liam Fulton (WES) 29
Sione Fauimuina (NQL) 24

HIT-UPS
NQL 57 WES 56
Keith Galloway (WES) 11
Chris Heighington (WES) 11
Todd Payten (WES) 10
Luke O'Donnell (NQL) 10​

LINE BREAKS
NQL 3 WES 7
Tim Moltzen (WES) 2
Chris Lawrence (WES) 2
Ben Harris (NQL) 2​

NEGATIVES
ERRORS
NQL 18 WES 9
Ashley Graham (NQL) 4
Matt Bowen (NQL) 4
Peni Tagive (WES) 3​

MISSED TACKLES
NQL 35 WES 25
Todd Payten (WES) 6
Aaron Payne (NQL) 5
Johnathon Thurston (NQL) 4​

POSSESSION Cowboys 47% Tigers 53%

COMPLETION
Cowboys 60% - 20/33
Tigers 80% - 34/42​

TOYOTA CUP RESULT WESTS TIGERS 40 NORTH QUEENSLAND 12
NSW CUP BALMAIN CENTRAL COAST Result unknown
NSW CUP NEWTOWN JETS 64 WESTERN SUBURBS 10
QLD CUP TWEED HEADS 18 MACKAY 10
QLD CUP REDCLIFFE v NORTHERN to be played Sunday

Stats courtesy of NRL.com, WestsTigers.com.au, WestsMagpies.net and QRL.com.au

beave

Coach
Timmah said:
...who's still injured and will have no effect on the game :fist:

And you are commenting on teams that don't involve yours. I wish you would just f#$ up for once and keep your childish sh*t to yourself. I love the hypocrisy, you bag people out when they don't read earlier posts yet you had no idea the FARRAR I was talking about wasn't the other FARRAH you f$%king dullard.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why don't you fire up and say f*ck some more. :)

Last I checked it's a forum and any poster can post in any thread he or she desires. Don't like it, fug up :)

innsaneink

Referee
Big Pete said:
I don't think the Cowboys should be too upset following this loss. The Tigers are one of their boogey teams and always seem to lift a gear against the Cowboys. I have some doubt over next week especially with Bowen and Thurston coming off shockers, they'll be looking to rip into the wounded Bronco pack.

Credit is due though to the Tigers, good performance from them.

We'd only ever won up there once before...only ever played well there once last year going down by 1

Nonny1980

Juniors
I live in London and haven't been able to see the games this year so far. I notice our completion for the first 2 games is somewhere around the 80% mark. Are we playing boring safe football or are we still throwing it around?

As long as we maintain 80% completion we'll make the top 4, and I don't need to see a single other game to know it.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Nonny1980 said:
I live in London and haven't been able to see the games this year so far. I notice our completion for the first 2 games is somewhere around the 80% mark. Are we playing boring safe football or are we still throwing it around?

As long as we maintain 80% completion we'll make the top 4, and I don't need to see a single other game to know it.
Simple answer, no. The difference is we're not forcing passes and playing with greater composure than in recent seasons. I think a quote from Farah earlier in the week summed it up, where he said the team understands they can't always attack their way out of trouble, so they're showing greater patience. When they get the ball in good position though, they look as good as any team and it's good to know there's still improvement.

Latest posts