What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R21 Fri :: Sea Eagles 30 Panthers 10 @ Brookvale

Round 21 Result :: Sea Eagles v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lsta5838

Juniors
The referee was a joke:
-Penrith ruled forward pass for what would have been a certain try. Went backward.
-Manly got six again for f**king up, and we didn't touch the ball at all. Lead staight to a try.

That's a 10 point turn around so far. Maybe 12 points had Gordon converted.

Manly get a string of penalties leading to them scoring another 2 tries to lead us 22-0. Panthers never getting a touch of the ball, and when we do we get some bullsh*t call against us. We get a lucky try to make it 22-6 at halftime. When it really should have been a close game.

Second half... Michael Gordon scores a try. No video referee even called. We miss out on 4 points, potentially 6 had he scored. It didn't look like a try in realtime, but in the replay you saw him clearly ground it before the line. A video referee would have definitely awarded it.

Masada Iosefa penalised for colliding with a Manly player chasing the ball. In slow motion it looked like a penalty, but in real time Masada was simply running faster then the player infront of him and bumped into him. He didn't intentionally push him.

Brett Stewart intentionally knocked the ball over a Panthers players head. Not sure whether it's a knock-on or a penalty. But instead the referee awards a try anyway.

There were so many dodgy calls, the Panthers never had a chance to make the game as good as it should have been. Based on whap happened, Manly were the better team. But they had so many dodgy calls got heir way to give them a massive points lead.

Sums up my views perfectly. If we got decent officiating, Manly still probably would have won, but the score line would have been something like 24-20. Who knows, if they let us score the try off the Graham pass, we could well have gone on to win - I think Matty Johns says it was the turning point of the game.

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't know that we would have won. But it would have been game on.

Panthers aren't a very strong team mentally. Every game where a big decision like that goes against us, it destroys us. It happened against the Knights while trying to make a comeback, and it happened against the Eels while miles out infront. In both games it just killed us.

We definitely don't have the mental strength to be a threat for the title. But it would be great to see us given a fair run against teams like Manly. We were never going to stand any chance against them with them having all the possession early on, and given penalties to put them into our 20m line.

They're the most dangerous team in that range.

lsta5838

Juniors
Agreed - but if you gave manly the ball for almost 15 straight minutes against any other team eg dogs, cowboys, rabbits, they would have racked up 30+. I think the only teams that could give manly the ball for that sort of time, and still be a chance of winning afterwards would be the storm or the sharks.

After watching the first 20-30 mins, I am glad it didnt end up in a 50 point hiding.

choc_soldier

Coach
- The Graham pass was definitely not forward
- The right call was made on the Iosefa "no try" - there was a push in the back, whether it was intentional or not
- The Gordon "try" at least deserved a call upstairs - 50/50 call, depending on who would have been ref... Billy may have given it, the others probably would have pressed the no try button
- Breathed a sigh of relief when the Smith try was awarded

Hayne didn't give the best performance out there last night, but we lost that match ourselves. Manly were just way to good. I just want to forget about it now, and focus on another tough match next week - Raiders in Canberra.

C u next time

Juniors
what if............. what if panthers

what if my aunty had a penis would she be my uncle ??????

penrith were outclassed
but then i think manly may be outclassed against the storm next week.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
No point saying that if this had have happened it would have been closer, if it had have been a closer scoreline Manly probably wouldn't have switched off after about 35 mins

I thought Hayne's control of the ruck was terrible last night, far too slow which played it's part is making the game less of a spectacle than it could have been

Tommax25

Bench
Also penriths biggest liability is their defense around the ruck. Manly do not have a quality hooker who is quick enough nor smart enough to exploit penriths weak ruck defense, if you watch the games the panthers struggle in it is against oppositions with hookers who love to run the ball who carve penrtih up (ennis twice, gidley etc) but manly with ballin or whoever they play there wont have the same affect as they dont run as much and arent as smart, thank god monagahan isnt still there or he would have a field day.

Panthers by 18

HAHAHAHAHAHA, ballin torn penrith apart! HAHAHAHAHA! but hey guts for making a call before the game, unlike me, I guess it just didnt turn out for you

Tommax25

Bench
The referee was a joke:
-Penrith ruled forward pass for what would have been a certain try. Went backward.
-Manly got six again for f**king up, and we didn't touch the ball at all. Lead staight to a try.

That's a 10 point turn around so far. Maybe 12 points had Gordon converted.

Manly get a string of penalties leading to them scoring another 2 tries to lead us 22-0. Panthers never getting a touch of the ball, and when we do we get some bullsh*t call against us. We get a lucky try to make it 22-6 at halftime. When it really should have been a close game.

Second half... Michael Gordon scores a try. No video referee even called. We miss out on 4 points, potentially 6 had he scored. It didn't look like a try in realtime, but in the replay you saw him clearly ground it before the line. A video referee would have definitely awarded it.

Masada Iosefa penalised for colliding with a Manly player chasing the ball. In slow motion it looked like a penalty, but in real time Masada was simply running faster then the player infront of him and bumped into him. He didn't intentionally push him.

Brett Stewart intentionally knocked the ball over a Panthers players head. Not sure whether it's a knock-on or a penalty. But instead the referee awards a try anyway.

There were so many dodgy calls, the Panthers never had a chance to make the game as good as it should have been. Based on whap happened, Manly were the better team. But they had so many dodgy calls got heir way to give them a massive points lead.

gordon hit the line with the ball, no try. it would have been confirmed by the video ref, and then you'd blame him.

yes, stewart intentionally knocked it over his head and should have been no try, that was unlucky but not game deciding.

if masada was running too fast and just bumped into him why did his hands raise before he "overran" the manly player and bumped him? because he pushed him, nothing much in it, but his hands clearly come up and push him

that pass was definitely not forward, very unlucky, however, it was hardly a guaranteed try like you said it was.

out of those 4 incidents its 2-2, 2 right and 2 wrong IMO. you mention a string of penaltys in manyls favour but not incidents so I cant talk about those, but in saying that I do agree the ref had a bearing on the game and in manlys favour but if penrith were good enough they might not have conceeded a try every time manly walked into their 20 in the first half, . manly were the better team even without the refs help.

Daddycool

Juniors
Last night wasn't the Panthers night. They missed Pritchard, were away from home and looked up at the scoreboard to see themselves 22-0 down after only 25 mins or so. In all fairness, there is only one team who wouldn't drop their heads and would honestly believe they could still come back and win.... the Storm.
I still rate the Panthers. On their day they can beat anybody. The last round at CUA is already shaping up as a ripper. Only a bad run of injuries will stop them from finishing in the 8.

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers won't make the top 8.

We have to win 3 of our last 5 games. After that loss, i can only see us winning one game for sure (against the Bulldogs. we'll probably choke now though).

murraymob

Coach
mx it may not be 3 out of 5 remember the other teams must keep wining below us to overtake us.Plus i can not see the titans getting many wins that opens up spot 7 and 8 .We can still make it

murraymob

Coach
And lets not forget we got beaten by a pretty good side .The game was over at the 20 minute mark.

mxlegend99

Referee
We've pretty much got 2 guaranteed losses against the Storm and Manly. Which leaves the Raiders in Canberra... won't hold my breath. Bulldogs at home... if we lose this, we're farked. Warriors in NZ... won't hold my breath.

I know we could scrape in if the teams below us lost as many as we did. But the Raiders and Warriors are in great form. They will win more games then us, and most likely games against us. Titans aren't a threat. They're gone for the season.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Yes I for one am confident that we can still make the 8. Although it's going to be edge of the seat stuff week to week for the rest of the year if we're going to do so.

murraymob

Coach
i also feel we have been pretty unlucky with ref decisions and they have a funny way of turning around. So hang in there you panthernatics we are not gone yet.You only know we are gone when you see me and fibro run out to play.Now thats when we have no hope :lol::lol:

Last edited:

effnic

Bench
Im hopeing in the next game we play you at the end of the year, you need to win to make the 8 so we can beat you and pay you back for what happened to us all those years ago.

mave

Coach
I just hope that Shayne Hayne is the ref because there is no way Manly could beat the Panthers without him.:roll: