What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R21 Fri :: Sea Eagles 30 Panthers 10 @ Brookvale

Round 21 Result :: Sea Eagles v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mxlegend99

Referee
The referee was a joke:
-Penrith ruled forward pass for what would have been a certain try. Went backward.
-Manly got six again for f**king up, and we didn't touch the ball at all. Lead staight to a try.

That's a 10 point turn around so far. Maybe 12 points had Gordon converted.

Manly get a string of penalties leading to them scoring another 2 tries to lead us 22-0. Panthers never getting a touch of the ball, and when we do we get some bullsh*t call against us. We get a lucky try to make it 22-6 at halftime. When it really should have been a close game.

Second half... Michael Gordon scores a try. No video referee even called. We miss out on 4 points, potentially 6 had he scored. It didn't look like a try in realtime, but in the replay you saw him clearly ground it before the line. A video referee would have definitely awarded it.

Masada Iosefa penalised for colliding with a Manly player chasing the ball. In slow motion it looked like a penalty, but in real time Masada was simply running faster then the player infront of him and bumped into him. He didn't intentionally push him.

Brett Stewart intentionally knocked the ball over a Panthers players head. Not sure whether it's a knock-on or a penalty. But instead the referee awards a try anyway.

There were so many dodgy calls, the Panthers never had a chance to make the game as good as it should have been. Based on whap happened, Manly were the better team. But they had so many dodgy calls got heir way to give them a massive points lead.

mxlegend99

Referee
Way to go mate. You can't prove my points wrong, so you're a dick about it.

The referee had you guys up 22-0 at the start. Everytime we created something, we got called back. There's no way that the Brad Tighe pass was forward, and there's no way you should have gotten 6 again 20 seconds later. That right there is a 12 point turn around. Throw in the back to back penalties to get you guys up to 22-0... and the referee won you the game in the first 20 minutes.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I agree 13 on 13 was tough enough at Brookvale but it was really 13 against 14. No surprise our record with Hayne in charge, the bloke picks on us big time.

We didn't deserve to win but it might of been nice to make a game of it. We were never given a fair chance to do that with Hayne in charge.

MSIH

Bench
Reminding me of Sharks fans after we were up 22-0 early against them. Reminds me of myself as a young Manly fan when we'd get dominated in the early 00's, but I'd still blame the ref.

Btw, that pass was a good 3 metres forward. Yosefa clearly pushed Williams.

MSIH

Bench
And with that Yosefa one, it was 30-10 with 5 mins left. Hardly a ball breaking decision in the game.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Manly showed what a class side they are and we are way off their standard when they are at their best. But the Storm aren't and they can't rely on dodgy calls always to skip out to big leads, especially against the storm.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not those decisions in the second half didn't rule us out the game. They were still dodgy though.

After 20 minutes, we had next to no chance at winning. And Masada Iosefa didn't push the player... he was chasing the ball and running faster then the guy between him and teh ball. Slow motion looked like a push, real time looked like he collided with a slower player. Pathetic penalty for what was a brilliant try.

I'm not saying the Panthers would have won had the referee given us a fair run in those first 20 minutes. But i guarantee it would have been game on. Panthers get their first try awarded, and it's 6 all. That ball wasn't even close to forward. The ball travelled backwards out of his hands and he was ahead of the ball at all times, and the player was behind where it was him at all times. The rest was just momentum and wind.

RainMan

Juniors
Second half... Michael Gordon scores a try. No video referee even called. We miss out on 4 points, potentially 6 had he scored. It didn't look like a try in realtime, but in the replay you saw him clearly ground it before the line. A video referee would have definitely awarded it.

Masada Iosefa penalised for colliding with a Manly player chasing the ball. In slow motion it looked like a penalty, but in real time Masada was simply running faster then the player infront of him and bumped into him. He didn't intentionally push him.

lol Gordon did not score and masada pushed which u can't do, anyhoo its a pity Manly switched off after 30.

Apey

Staff member
I must be the only nutcase who thought the Panther's ball was indeed forward. I guess I'm basing it on how he threw it behind the line and the other guy caught it in front of the line.

mxlegend99

Referee
lol Gordon did not score and masada pushed which u can't do, anyhoo its a pity Manly switched off after 30.
Michael Gordon scored that try.

He grounded the ball before the dead ball line. Any video refere would have awarded it. At the worst it was a BOTD try

Masada Iosefa i can see how it was penalised, but if it wasn't for slow motion, there was no penalty. It's just pathetic that if you collide with a slower player while playing at the ball it's no try.

If that had been Brett Stewart, it wouldn't have even gone to the video referee.

mxlegend99

Referee
I must be the only nutcase who thought the Panther's ball was indeed forward. I guess I'm basing it on how he threw it behind the line and the other guy caught it in front of the line.
You can't really judge it off the point of the field unless the players aren't moving. Every ball passed at pace will end up infront of where it initially left the players hands.

Momentum + wind carry can carry a ball forward, but if it leaves a players hands backwards and the player who catches it is behind the guy who passed it at all times. It's a fair pass.

MSIH

Bench
Panthers were defo running into what seemed a solid sized wind in the first half. The pass was forward.

Downie

Guest Moderator
Michael Gordon scored that try.

He grounded the ball before the dead ball line. Any video refere would have awarded it. At the worst it was a BOTD try

Masada Iosefa i can see how it was penalised, but if it wasn't for slow motion, there was no penalty. It's just pathetic that if you collide with a slower player while playing at the ball it's no try.

If that had been Brett Stewart, it wouldn't have even gone to the video referee.

Gordon grounded it with part of the ball on the line, which is a no try. And as for the Iosefa one, he had his hands out in front to push Williams as if he thought Williams had picked it up on the first attempt. Both pretty clear no tries, IMO.

As for the forward pass, as Apey said he passed about 2 metres before the line and caught it on the line, so it definitely at least floated forward (not sure if it was forward from the hands or not, but the touchie was in a better position than the cameras). And even if it wasn't forward, it wasn't a "certain try" as I reckon Williams had him for pace and we had Stewart coming across in cover as well.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Popular opinion says the pass was backwards and you must always listen to Phil Gould when he exclaims 'WOW!' 'WOW!', don't you know that? ;-)

mxlegend99

Referee
Gordon grounded it with part of the ball on the line, which is a no try.
The ball touched the in goal area first. that's a try.

And as for the Iosefa one, he had his hands out in front to push Williams as if he thought Williams had picked it up on the first attempt. Both pretty clear no tries, IMO.
He had his hands up to brace for contract. Masada couldn't even see the ball as he was between him and the ball and slowing up. Masada was penalised for being quicker basically.

As for the forward pass, as Apey said he passed about 2 metres before the line and caught it on the line, so it definitely at least floated forward
Wade Graham was infront of the ball at all times, and Brad Tighe was behind him at all times. The ball left his hand backward and at no point according to the player who passed it, did the ball travel forward.

That's a pretty simple decision IMO.

And even if it wasn't forward, it wasn't a "certain try" as I reckon Williams had him for pace and we had Stewart coming across in cover as well.
Brad Tighe is extremely quick. Michael Jennings was also inside him. That was an odds on try. At any rate, Pantehrs would have had the ball rather then you guys getting a try up the other end of the field.

mxlegend99

Referee
It's pointless arguing anyway. The game is over and Manly got the 2 points. Even if we proved that Panthers should have had 10 tries awarded and Manly none, it wouldn't change the result.

Best we can hope for is Shane Hayne to get dropped. But that won't help the Panthers out at all.

t-ba

Post Whore
Reminding me of Sharks fans after we were up 22-0 early against them. Reminds me of myself as a young Manly fan when we'd get dominated in the early 00's, but I'd still blame the ref.

Btw, that pass was a good 3 metres forward. Yosefa clearly pushed Williams.

Pretty much...

Latest posts