What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R26 Fri :: Broncos 24 Knights 2 @ Suncorp

Round 26 Result :: Broncos v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joker's Wild

Coach
Its ok champ...I broke an even bigger curse a few weeks back when I saw us actually win for the first time ever (5th attempt) when going to the game, and that includes Suncorp! :p

I broke my 9 game losing streak at the Titans game too :D.

We are a real chance in this game. All this talk of being flat after last weeks effort is total crap. The boys will gain miles of confidence from that win and will be given plenty of rest by the coaching staff to insure they are fresh for this one.

miccle

Bench
Anyone that is not rating the Knights atm are kidding themselves. Their performance last week in particular was one of the most impressive of 2008, and it would have given them a MASSIVE boost in confidence.

I can't access gambling sites at work, anyone know the TAB odds H2H for this one?

Anyway, should be a sensational night and IMO we will see a very entertaining and close one. Really hoping we can nab a victory to send Bennett, Carroll, Kemp, Eastwood, Boyd and Ennis out winners!

miccle

Bench
LOL Oh please.
Due to injuries?

You've been inconsistent because your players have been lazy with their effort pure and simple.
With the line up you have you should be contending with Melbourne,but you're not you're putting in a sound effort against the wooden spooners!

LOLz. Love it!

We lose Lockyer for most of the year, along with extended breaks to Hodges, Wallace, heaps of time off for Ennis and Marsh et al. and a season-ending injury to one of our starting centres and we're lazy and basically sh*t??

Similar amount of injuries to quality players as the Cowboys this year, IIRC. How are they going again? Last time I looked, one was in the running for the top four, and the other one was shooting for 15th! :lol:

Serc

First Grade
I can't access gambling sites at work, anyone know the TAB odds H2H for this one?

Brisbane $1.30
Newcastle $3.30

Brisbane 13+ $2.20
Brisbane 1-12 $3.00

Newcastle 1-12 $4.50
Newcastle 13+ $10.00

They're also giving us a 9.5 point head start...and if I wasn't so broke I'd be putting some significant wagers on tonight! Some of the worst odds I've seen all year.

Pumba

First Grade
Broncos Honour Bennett With Jersey
Trad McLean

THE WOW Brisbane Broncos will honour the contribution Wayne Bennett has made to the club by wearing their 2008 heritage jersey tonight.

The Broncos will run out in the jersey – an exact copy of the strip the club wore in their first match in the competition in 1988 – against Newcastle at Suncorp Stadium.

Bennett will coach the Broncos in what could be his final home match at Suncorp tonight, with Brisbane needing a victory over the Knights and the Dragons to beat the Roosters to earn fourth spot and a home semi-final next week.

Broncos’ chief executive Bruno Cullen said there was justification for wearing the strip (pictured) that was created for the NRL’s heritage round back in April.

“It is a special night for Wayne and the club,” said Cullen.

“We think wearing a jersey that is reminiscent of the first jumper the Broncos wore back in 1988 is a fitting tribute.”

The club is urging fans to stay at the ground after full-time, with video tributes for Bennett and retiring lock Tonie Carroll to be shown.

The coach will then address the crowd.

Link

Smiley

Bench
Broncos Honour Bennett With Jersey

THE WOW Brisbane Broncos will honour the contribution Wayne Bennett has made to the club by wearing their 2008 heritage jersey tonight.

The Broncos will run out in the jersey – an exact copy of the strip the club wore in their first match in the competition in 1988 – against Newcastle at Suncorp Stadium.

Bennett will coach the Broncos in what could be his final home match at Suncorp tonight, with Brisbane needing a victory over the Knights and the Dragons to beat the Roosters to earn fourth spot and a home semi-final next week.

Broncos’ chief executive Bruno Cullen said there was justification for wearing the strip that was created for the NRL’s heritage round back in April.

“It is a special night for Wayne and the club,” said Cullen.

“We think wearing a jersey that is reminiscent of the first jumper the Broncos wore back in 1988 is a fitting tribute.”

The club is urging fans to stay at the ground after full-time, with video tributes for Bennett and retiring lock Tonie Carroll to be shown.

The coach will then address the crowd.

link

I hope nine show Bennett's address.

jarro

Juniors
Lift Broncos, lift!!!

Yep, i think they certainly do need to lift the intensity now as the Knights will be hard to beat as they're playing for their season.

Saying that though, the Broncos shouldn't need any motivation to lift at this stage of the season :roll:

coolumsharkie

Referee
Well I thought there was ab infringment in that try, if it had of gone to the video ref I doubt they would have awarded it.

Rovelli

Bench
6-2 at halftime in favour of the Broncos.

Broncos again having the better of the game, but it's not shown on the scoreboard..

f**k.

alexc

haha those whistles were hilarious. I bet they will bust em out every time gidley has a kick for 2.

Rovelli

Bench
Hunt wriggles over and scores the pivotal first points of the second-half.

Brisbane 10-2, 46 min