What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R3 MNF :: Sea Eagles 52 Warriors 6 @ Brookvale

Round 3 Result :: Sea Eagles v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cletus

First Grade
Harold Bishop said:
Hopefully Le'strange or Beaver plays 5/8th.
Wont be surprised if Beaver goes to centre though.

I'd prefer Beaver 5/8 and Lyon at centre, but Des is doing the selections:( . Wouldn't mind Neuman getting another go at first grade. Might be a handy player when he gets a bit of experience.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Cletus said:
I'd prefer Beaver 5/8 and Lyon at centre, but Des is doing the selections:( . Wouldn't mind Neuman getting another go at first grade. Might be a handy player when he gets a bit of experience.

everytime someone mentions neuman I think of the fat postie from Sienfeld :lol:

Cletus

First Grade
gong_eagle said:
everytime someone mentions neuman I think of the fat postie from Sienfeld :lol:

Me Too:lol: . Every time they mention Bani I think of Barney the Dinosaur.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Beaver to the rescue at pivot

Jason Avedissian
http://manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/03/29/9440_sports.html
29 March 2008

THE future of Manly back Jamie Lyon in the Sea Eagles contentious no. 6 jumper appears under a cloud with veteran great Steve Menzies set to take up the position against the Warriors at Brookvale Oval on Monday night.

Menzies is likely to play pivot with Lyon moving to the centres to cover for the injured David Vaealiki who is out with a knee injury.

The veteran backrower said he is prepared to play wherever coach Des Hasler picked him as the Sea Eagles search for a long-term solution in the position.

"If someone gets injured, I'm happy to come off the bench and play any role," Menzies said yesterday.

With Menzies a likely starter at five-eighth, debate continues on the best position to house Lyon. Ex-Queensland and Australian five-eighth Ben Ikin said Lyon is suited to playing in the centres where he can be more effective as a ball runner.

"He's a better centre than a five-eighth," Ikin told The Manly Daily.

"Des would have a better feel for him than me and he obviously thinks he has the capabilities to play there otherwise he wouldn't persist with him. I feel he is struggling to find his way at six."

Ikin explained that the absence of hooker Michael Monaghan meant the attacking burden was falling on Lyon and captain Matt Orford.

"Orford's game was complemented so well by Michael Monaghan who was creative," Ikin said.

NSW and Australian selector Bob McCarthy simply said of Lyon:

"He's (Lyon) a Test centre isn't he?"

Ex-Manly five-eighth Cliffy Lyons said the Orford/Lyon combination was worth persisting with, but for only the next fortnight. "Give them another week, maybe two at the most and see what happens," Lyons said.

Billythekid

First Grade
Hopefully someone at Manly sees the light and keeps Lyon in the centres. Also if this means Manlys best player (Menzies) actually gets 80 minutes that can only be a good thing for them.

Hopefully NZ will also wake up soon and move Vatuvai off the wing. I just hope one day i get to see him in the second row.

t-ba

Post Whore
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
Hmm not surprised by that at all.

I'm amazed. I thought it would take Desmond at least half the year to shift fatso to the centres.

Thank christ. Now all we need is someone with a boot to play there.

Dutchy

Immortal
t-ba said:
I'm amazed. I thought it would take Desmond at least half the year to shift fatso to the centres.

Thank christ. Now all we need is someone with a boot to play there.

Only happened because of an DV injury though.

Dutchy

Immortal
gong_eagle said:
Beaver to the rescue at pivot

Jason Avedissian
http://manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/03/29/9440_sports.html
29 March 2008

THE future of Manly back Jamie Lyon in the Sea Eagles contentious no. 6 jumper appears under a cloud with veteran great Steve Menzies set to take up the position against the Warriors at Brookvale Oval on Monday night.

Menzies is likely to play pivot with Lyon moving to the centres to cover for the injured David Vaealiki who is out with a knee injury.

The veteran backrower said he is prepared to play wherever coach Des Hasler picked him as the Sea Eagles search for a long-term solution in the position.

"If someone gets injured, I'm happy to come off the bench and play any role," Menzies said yesterday.

With Menzies a likely starter at five-eighth, debate continues on the best position to house Lyon. Ex-Queensland and Australian five-eighth Ben Ikin said Lyon is suited to playing in the centres where he can be more effective as a ball runner.

"He's a better centre than a five-eighth," Ikin told The Manly Daily.

"Des would have a better feel for him than me and he obviously thinks he has the capabilities to play there otherwise he wouldn't persist with him. I feel he is struggling to find his way at six."

Ikin explained that the absence of hooker Michael Monaghan meant the attacking burden was falling on Lyon and captain Matt Orford.

"Orford's game was complemented so well by Michael Monaghan who was creative," Ikin said.

NSW and Australian selector Bob McCarthy simply said of Lyon:

"He's (Lyon) a Test centre isn't he?"

Ex-Manly five-eighth Cliffy Lyons said the Orford/Lyon combination was worth persisting with, but for only the next fortnight. "Give them another week, maybe two at the most and see what happens," Lyons said.

Ikin said this? Since when did he grow a brain?

mattyg said:
Manly will bounce back...can't see them going 0/3...wouldn't mind being wrong on that one though :lol:

Orford is a star and will not let this happen....Warriors by plenty.

Manly 0/3.