What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R5 Sat :: Panthers 12 Roosters 28 @ CUA

Round 5 Result :: Panthers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ozzie

Bench
I rhought it was for a high tackle - someone needs their eyes checked - it wasn't singing it wa around the should qnd neck - Sorry Pentrith you copped more bad decisions than we did, but to say the least someone has to visit 2nd grade or a week's holiday

redreg

Juniors
Defense in the first half won it in the end, keeping the panthers to 1 try.

Really hope Pearce doesn't get called up for Origin so soon. It could either go really good or really bad for him and its too big of a risk since he is so young.

they got the rough end of the stick with the refs there is no denying it ... but we outplayed them all of about 10-15 minutes and deserved our victory ...

perrett looked nervous early on and early should of atleast made contact with lewis ... as the game progressed i thought he settled in and came into his own and played like the perrett we know which will boost his confidence for a tricky game next week

eels_fan_01

Bench
If Panthers played like they did in the first 20 mins all game i dead set reckon they would have won the game but its all hypothetical now because they didnt do it.

It seemed like they lost their energy as every minute ticked over.

Ice777

Bench
well of course

strange that the stats read 0 hitups

dead set confusing

what is the definition of a hit-up?

That's not for me to decide, but if it's from the official stats then it's hard to argue against. In the first 5 games Folau has had 87 tackles and 92 hit-ups. Will Chambers has had 77 tackles and 103 hit-ups. Not 20 tackles a game but a sh*t load more than 8. In the same period Aubusson has had 32 tackles and 26 hit-ups.

I wasn't having a crack at Aubusson as a player because i think he goes alright, but for you and TT to get a bit precious for me questioning his origin credentials after his game output is pretty ridiculous really given his numbers.

Chook Norris

First Grade
That's not for me to decide, but if it's from the official stats then it's hard to argue against. In the first 5 games Folau has had 87 tackles and 92 hit-ups. Will Chambers has had 77 tackles and 103 hit-ups. Not 20 tackles a game but a sh*t load more than 8. In the same period Aubusson has had 32 tackles and 26 hit-ups.

I wasn't having a crack at Aubusson as a player because i think he goes alright, but for you and TT to get a bit precious for me questioning his origin credentials after his game output is pretty ridiculous really given his numbers.

i didn't say or mean anything like that!

Ice777

Bench
did you not see me question his origin credentials too?? probably not ... move along now

Yes i did, but then in pretty much your next post asked me how many tackles do you i want a centre to make. My answer was more than 8 and I just gave you a couple of comparisons and i'm sure there would be even more if i could be bothered looking for them. Now move along precious.

uh huh ... and you want a centre to make more than 8 tackles when your team has 56% of the ball and the opposition makes 16 errors ... roberts made 6 ... interesting how sia made 15 ... which side penrith attack more ? move along princess

Munky

Coach
We haven'y played a good second half all year.

The Tigers made us look good with their attacking ineptitude last week.

Luke Rooney is a waste of space. He used to be solid now he can't catch, run or tackle.

Ice777

Bench
uh huh ... and you want a centre to make more than 8 tackles when your team has 56% of the ball and the opposition makes 16 errors ... roberts made 6 ... interesting how sia made 15 ... which side penrith attack more ? move along princess

Granted the Storm never had 56% of the ball (52%) but in that 4% less Izzy managed to rack up 7 more tackles with a total of 15. Chambers never, but at the same time he hasn't been touted for an origin spot by some. Perhaps he should though given he's averaging 15 tackles a game and 20 hit ups as opposed to Aubusson's 6 tackle average and 5 hit ups :lol:

Ice777

Bench
ahhh but our pet play isn't "give MAUBS the ball"

Once again you asked the question "How many tackles do you want a centre to make?" You didn't mention any particular centre, you never mentioned any particular game plan or pet play. I thought a centres output should be more than 8 tackles and i just gave you 2 examples of how many tackles i expected centres to make while answering your question at the same time. Keep clutching at those straws.

and yet when a team has 44% of the ball and has 10 sets they don't complete you somehow want a centre to make 20 tackles ... when his outside winger makes 6 tackes and the other centre makes 16 or whatever you still harp on about MAUBS ...

Ice777

Bench
So now you want to put certain conditions on your original question because you wanted to save face when you realised it was so stupid after i gave you those examples? Where were they when you first asked it? Keep scraping the bottom of that barrel knackers because i reckon you're just about at rock bottom.

Anyway i'll give you the last word because my lift is here and i'm off. Thanks for the "debate" it's been fun :lol:

Danish

Referee
Penrith did indeed get a few unlucky decisions in the game, although the SK try was legitimate...

for the panthers fans on here, who the f**k are those bunch of drunken dickheads with the trumpets and caution tape around their heads??

Midway through the 2nd half, they all started throwing sh*t at roosters fans who were standing up and cheering, one bloke took a bit of offense to it and started calling them out. Seeing as this bloke was an islander, it seemed like the fans called security on him (cat act in itself). Then, after the security is already on the scene, some drunken fat slob trundles down the stairs to try and argue with him.... keeping the security between him and them of course.

Anyway, after a group of 50 drunken bogan dickheads start a fight with this bloke, HE gets removed, to the chant of dickhead from these knobs, and with fat slob having a few more words (this time hiding behind 3-4 other panthers fans).

Later, when Pearce scored, they started chanting "GOWER TOUCHED YOUR SISTER" to him... real class act cheering on a guy for molesting a chick.

f**king blight on the rest of the panthers crowd, who were top notch and out in force.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Penrith did indeed get a few unlucky decisions in the game, although the SK try was legitimate...

for the panthers fans on here, who the f**k are those bunch of drunken dickheads with the trumpets and caution tape around their heads??

Midway through the 2nd half, they all started throwing sh*t at roosters fans who were standing up and cheering, one bloke took a bit of offense to it and started calling them out. Seeing as this bloke was an islander, it seemed like the fans called security on him (cat act in itself). Then, after the security is already on the scene, some drunken fat slob trundles down the stairs to try and argue with him.... keeping the security between him and them of course.

Anyway, after a group of 50 drunken bogan dickheads start a fight with this bloke, HE gets removed, to the chant of dickhead from these knobs, and with fat slob having a few more words (this time hiding behind 3-4 other panthers fans).

Later, when Pearce scored, they started chanting "GOWER TOUCHED YOUR SISTER" to him... real class act cheering on a guy for molesting a chick.

f**king blight on the rest of the panthers crowd, who were top notch and out in force.

I dont rate the Penrith home crowds when they get over say 11 thousand to be honest. I dont mind Penrith "fans" but they get so many blow in teenagers, bogans etc that it isnt funny.

Latest posts