What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R6 Sun :: Roosters 20 Knights 34 @ Bluetongue

Round 6 Result :: Roosters v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Geez, how ordinary were the roosters
the knights just showed exactly how to beat them, use the little men, run from hooker and short interchange passing around the ruck, the roosters just COULDNT keep up

had the knights been a semi decent side, they'd have put 30 on the roosters in the last 20, they blew a mountain of oppertunities

Houston and Paterson need to tuck the pill under the arm and take a tackle, what 2nd rowers were doing kicking on 3rd and 4th tackles ill never know

Agree with most of your post but feel free to say that about the Knights if the Raiders ever beat the Roosters at home:lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
i dunno which game you were watching but the knights simply couldnt seem to get over the chalk at times... they had a mountain of chances and oppertunities but continually bombed them, a good side (and no canberra is not one of them and i dont know what canberra have to do with it or why you brought them up) would have punished the roosters big time.

BTW it was a roosters home game but played at Bluetongue. Not at the roosters actual HG, the SFS

redreg

Juniors
Roosters played terrible, definitely not "try of the year" since our defense just gave up in the end.

Knights always looked dangerous with Buderus on the pitch, he always plays well against the Roosters and our defense can hardly handle him.

Disappointed with Mason and Paea , both went missing for most of the game. I can only really be proud of Pearce's performance today, nobody else played as well as he did for the Roosters.

Near the end when it was 22-20 I was certain that Tupou got stripped of the ball but for some reason they just ignored the footage proving it.

Roosters worst performance so far, definitely will be changes for next friday's line up.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
In all fairness Raiduh, you just can't bring yourself to admit that the Knights play good footy, regardless of whether its only a 20 minute session (ala today) or a full game tbh ;-)

Big Pete

Referee
At home?

It was at Blue Tongue Stadium. :lol:

With that being said a superb victory from the Knights following a poor showing against the Broncos. Scary thing is they can only improve with their side of "nuffies".

Raider_69

Post Whore
In all fairness Raiduh, you just can't bring yourself to admit that the Knights play good footy, regardless of whether its only a 20 minute session (ala today) or a full game tbh ;-)

i call it how i see it, and the way i saw it, with the chances they had, a good quality side would have put 7-8 tries on the roosters in that final 40... the roosters keep handing them the game and the knights refused to take it till late in the peice.

TBH im yet to see the knights play 80 minutes of good footy this season. TBH im yet to see it from many clubs, including my own. That being said, of the opening 6 games ive only watched around half the knights games. I missed their two GP games

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
MATCH ROUND UP

Round 6
April 20th, 2008 - 2:00pm
Bluetongue Central Coast Stadium
Referee: Steve "Tedro" Lyons
Half time: Roosters 20-12
Crowd: 14,176

nwc-her.jpg

NEWCASTLE

Tries: Chris Bailey (2), Jesse Royal, Cory Paterson, Cooper Vuna, Danny Wicks
Goals: Kurt Gidley (5/6)

syd-her2.jpg

SYDNEY
Tries: Craig Fitzgibbon, Amos Roberts, Iosia Soliola, Shaun Kenny-Dowall
Goals: Craig Fitzgibbon (2/4)

LeagueUnlimited.com Match Report said:
Knights punish sleepy Roosters
Written by: Andrew Cook; April 20th, 2008 4:10pm

The Newcastle Knights have ignored an 8-point halftime deficit to produce an outstanding 34-20 victory over the Sydney Roosters at Bluetongue Stadium in Gosford today.

The Knights powered away towards the end of the match with 4 tries in the last 11 minutes to take the lead and seal the result, as the Roosters faded badly after looking like the stronger team for much of the match. Knights forward Danny Wicks placed an exclamation mark on the game with an 80th minute try after making a clean break through the Roosters defence and out-pacing their defensive attempts – a sensational effort for a big man, and a fitting end to a strong Knights performance.

Click Here for the full match report, including Live Commentary and LeagueUnlimited.com Player of the Match.​

Tommy Smith

Referee
From that first set of 6 for the Knights in the 2nd half i knew we were going to lose. We had nothing left in the tank, we just looked so lazy and flat...the Knights just wanted to win so much more.

Even when we were up by 8 with 15 to go i thought we were going to lose by about 10 points. An awful performance in the 2nd half but an expected one tbh. It was obvious we wanted to be somewhere else with the Knights making 70/80m from dummy half every set of six.

It wasn't the loss we had to have but the one we were always due for...im just surpirsed it didnt come last week.

On the other hand the Knights are a much better team than people give them credit. I reckon they'll make the 8 for sure this year. Great forward pack, good backs and quality players in the key positions. Danny buderus when fully fit is still just about the best hooker in the game...

So yeah a great win for the Knights...no surprises after last week where the scoreline flattered the Broncs because of goalkicking.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Good game Newcastle, great second half by you guys really worked well out of dummy half to slow down our big boys. I thought Buderus was great and was instrumental in your victory - He deserves the starting spot for NSW for sure.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Good game Newcastle, great second half by you guys really worked well out of dummy half to slow down our big boys. I thought Buderus was great and was instrumental in your victory - He deserves the starting spot for NSW for sure.
I can't think of any player who has carved us up more often over the last 5 years than Bedsy. He's just about MotM every time we play the Knights.

Great, great, GREAT player.

Apey

Staff member
Oh my f**king god did I pick a great first away game to go to!

The first half was extremely worrying, Dougs' attempted "catch" to prevent a try and the other flimsy defence, but we turned it on when it mattered.

Extremely happy with that win :D

Latest posts