What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: PF2 Sat :: Storm 40 Broncos 10 @ Etihad

2009 Grand Finalist #2: Storm or Broncos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

user_nat

Coach
Storm way too good tonight. No surprise that the Broncos went missing without Wallace. I'm prepared to say that Wallace is more important to them than Lockyer because of the structure he provides to the attack.

In Lockyers defense, we look just as lost without him. They both need to be there.

Nerd

Bench
The Storm were ruthless in beating the Bronco's tonight but boy do they make the game boring to watch when they're are allowed to hold the tackled player down for so long.

Robert Finch needs his arse kicked for allowing it to continue!

Broncos were never going to win, even if they had a halfback. They played their grand final last week. Hope the Storm destroy the Eels next week.

We needed a big game from Locky who was thrust into an unfamiliar role, the intensity wasn't there from last week and they were on the back foot from the first minute. I'd have thunk after Canberra Ivan would know better than to throw one of his champions into an unfamiliar role, but obviously not - creating 2 weaknesses on the park instead of one.Apparently hitting a predictable bomb to the left side isn't as dangerous when you do it every. f**king. Set.

Still very proud of the boys, though tonight is pretty miserable. I'll get over it quickly though, the boys gave us a heck of an August and a pretty decent September as well. And we still done better than 12 of the teams out there

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Bad call to have Lockyer at half. But mentally they didnt turn up at all. Quite strange. Hodges? Like he had no desire at all. Injured?

I guess it doesn't matter now. Well done Broncos fans. It never makes it easier to take, but always next year.

Storm dominated that game. Absolutely brilliant performance. I think they'll win next week, they look better than 2007, as good as Parra have been, I just don't think they'll be able to knock over the Storm.

mickdo

Coach
Storm dominated that game. Absolutely brilliant performance. I think they'll win next week, they look better than 2007, as good as Parra have been, I just don't think they'll be able to knock over the Storm.

People have been writing us off since August. That suits us fine ;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Noone wrote you off against the Titans and most of the media were behind you last night.

This time, you're coming up against one of the best teams in the modern era. I don't like your chances.

Bman26

Juniors
Noone wrote you off against the Titans and most of the media were behind you last night.

This time, you're coming up against one of the best teams in the modern era. I don't like your chances.

possibly the best team of the salary cap era?

mickdo

Coach

That's the spirit ;-)

Carnifex

Juniors
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO.

Awesome stuff boys! Broncos were terrible but the boys were on fire tonight...ruthless. but doesnt mean sh*t if we dont beat the eels.

Bad call to have Lockyer at half. But mentally they didnt turn up at all. Quite strange. Hodges? Like he had no desire at all. Injured?

I guess it doesn't matter now. Well done Broncos fans. It never makes it easier to take, but always next year.

Lockyer had nothing tonight and it was plain to see from their first attack...he put up the bomb on all of their first four attacks and it just became one dimensional.

Hodges looked poor the whole game...slow and did not look like making a break the whole game.

The whole Broncos backline had no cohesion..even when Lockyer bombed it was not to Folau's wing.

As for Taylor...he was kept quiet and had no influence.

Finch's passing game was strong..the cut out pass was hitting the likes of Inglis at a good angle.

Noa

First Grade
I'm not saying they haven't played well, but please... Manly dropped more ball than the AFL grand final, and the Broncos have been just as bad. That's not even mentioning their poor defences. Both handed the game to the Storm on a platter. Without Wallace Brisbane are a park side.

I realise your trying to convince yourself were not as good as we look, but the fact is it has been all us and not the other team(s).

Since we changed our attacking structures teams dont know how to handle us, good luck next week.

PS. We wont be in Sydney for a few days, mind looking after all the media duties for us.

Evenflow

Bench

Totally agree. Parra have been brilliant for the last 3 months or so and deserve their place in the last game of the year. In saying that if Melbourne play anywhere near like they did tonight and against Manly, even 80 odd percent they win, simple as that. It just looks like they have unfinished business to prove and they'll make up for it next week. They will win, put your house on it.

Shorty

Staff member
Hey you were right EF, lol I won't doubt you again!

What a disaster, did Henjak expect Lockyer to do all of the play making? After developing such a structure with Wallace?
Storm would have won this game regardless but the scoreline could have been saved a bit if the coach had done his job and put an actual halfback in the side!

Hey you were right EF, lol I won't doubt you again!

What a disaster, did Henjak expect Lockyer to do all of the play making? After developing such a structure with Wallace?
Storm would have won this game regardless but the scoreline could have been saved a bit if the coach had done his job and put an actual halfback in the side!

Agree...why he did not go in with Glenn is the big question.

He should have given the boy a licence to roam..as it was, Lockyer had no support.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Back from Fiji, caught the game - sickening.

Congrats to the Storm boys, too big, too fast, too good. End of story. Surprisingly, we had a fair few Melbourne fans where we were staying which made the banter "enjoyable" :lol:

Best of luck vs The Hayne Machine

Latest posts