What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R10 Sat :: Roosters 6 Knights 38 @ SFS

Heritage Round 10 - Roosters v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Serc

First Grade
I just said this in the Knights forum...but I think the Roosters are better than what their recent form (and for and against) shows, have played some pretty decent teams during the past month. Having said that I still think we'll win by a bit and actually beat the teams we are supposed to this year :D

Edit: Also on the whole SFS record thing, I think the two games played last season would be more important, given both teams haven't changed very much etc etc...and we were very competitive while the Roosters were playing very well.

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
I'm taking my 6 year old daughter along to this one on Saturday.

Hope the Roosters put up a good showing.

I hope she likes it - as I wont be happy if she gets a strop on and wants to leave half way through!!

Must remember to pack her DS!

Pika

Bench
Will be a tough game. If the same Knights side turns up to play as the one yesterday against the Titans, we'll get beaten. If the one that played the Broncos turns up, we should win fairly comfortably. Hopefully the Storm give them a tough match tonight.

Easts style of football is closer to Broncos than Titans, and we manage that style well.

We were not so bad against the Titans. They are an awkward side to play and there is a reason they are on 12 points.

I have real concerns about this game. Regardless of form, Roosters have quality and experience all over the paddock.

Roosters are backs to the wall and are not a squad of rookies. These guys dont lie down and will come out firing on Saturday night.

We can beat them, but if we underestimate them, we will get smashed.

Liam

Juniors
Vuna in for Uate.
Lulia in for MacDougall
Wicks may not play, I'd assume Natusch on standby.

Toyota Cup
Roosters in blue, Knights in red

10m - B.Cordoner try, L.Towers goal (Roosters 6-0)
17m - B.Murray try, L.Towers goal (Roosters 12-0)
24m - S.Williams try (Roosters 12-4)
32m - B.Fruean try, P.Mata'utia goal (Roosters 12-10)
36m - G.Nelson try (Roosters 16-10)
39m - A.Gelling try, L.Towers goal (Roosters 22-10)
44m - T.Symonds try, L.Towers goal (Roosters 28-10)
55m - R.Stig try (Roosters 28-14)
73m - P.Mata'utia try (Roosters 28-18)

Ethan Cook scores in the 77th for the Knights, it's 28-22 now to the Roosters, the lead is gone and the Knights have a shot. Conversion missed.

The Roosters bank their third win of the Toyota Cup season with a 28-22 defeat of the Newcastle Knights. Well done boys.

The serious stuff begins in half an hour.

Serc

First Grade
I swear I just saw on the TV screen that Fa'aoso and Wicks are starting with Houston and Taufua to the bench...or am i going batty

innsaneink

Referee
Was that the forwards all together in a huddle as Smith suggested, or all the poly boys in prayers?
no. 3 was with em

Off the field from Soliola, 83 seconds into the match, not good.
Helped off by trainers, not good at all. Good luck Sia! Kouparitsas on.

Latest posts