What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R11 Fri :: Tigers 18 Broncos 20 @ Campbelltown

Round 11 :: Tigers v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the benefit of hindsight we certainly had enough chances to win the game, particularly during the last 10 minutes, however weren't good enough.

The ref didn't decide the outcome, although with such a depleted side, we were reliant upon a few key decisions going our way although it didn't transpire as such. On the other week, last week we had a charmed run with the refs + earlier in the season were the beneficiary of some lucky calls against Canberra + Newcastle. That's the unpredictable nature of footy.

The Broncos got the nice end of the straw, but that's how it always will be against them.

Skandalis seemed to have a fairly good game to be fair.

miccle

Bench
We got the nice end of the straw with the refs? Pull the other one, it was clearly even.

If anyone wants to go back and watch the replay of the Tigers' last try, and tell me that Laurie's pass didn't go 3.5 metres forward, I'll give it away. Calls went the way of either side all night, and that's just how it is.

Tigs played some wonderful football, no doubt about it. Took it right to us all night, and we came back with some of our own. 50/50 game really - IMO a draw would've been a very fitting result, but of course I'm happy to jag the two points.

Wests are clearly a far better side than many give them credit for. I dare say we would've been pumped by them last night had Farah been playing. I hope this run of close losses doesn't hurt the team too much in the long run - they're bloody exciting to watch and deserve to be up there at the moment IMO.

We got the nice end of the straw with the refs? Pull the other one, it was clearly even.

If anyone wants to go back and watch the replay of the Tigers' last try, and tell me that Laurie's pass didn't go 3.5 metres forward, I'll give it away. Calls went the way of either side all night, and that's just how it is.

Tigs played some wonderful football, no doubt about it. Took it right to us all night, and we came back with some of our own. 50/50 game really - IMO a draw would've been a very fitting result, but of course I'm happy to jag the two points.

Wests are clearly a far better side than many give them credit for. I dare say we would've been pumped by them last night had Farah been playing. I hope this run of close losses doesn't hurt the team too much in the long run - they're bloody exciting to watch and deserve to be up there at the moment IMO.

Tigers just weren't good enough.

Te'o really surprised me. He was notorious as being a coward at the Tigers but since going to the Broncos, well at least in recent weeks, he has been really physical in defence. As much as I dislike the bloke, I hope he fulfills his immense potential.

thommo4pm

Coach
I think some of the Tigers fans should watch the game again and look at the decisions that went their way, that clearly shouldn't have.

The strip by Skandalis was a fair enough call.
Tuiaki's try was never shown that he got the ball down, and I think there was always an arm under it.
The last try for the Tigers was 4m forward.
Heighnington should not have got a penalty when he shoved Teo and lost the ball....he let his hatred of Teo get in his way there but got away with it when he shouldn't have.
Several high tackles in the second half were let go, despite some being penalised.

All in all, it was a good game of footy in wet terrible conditions.

Typical Campbelltown scum. I thought the refereeing was fine. I don't like Maxwell at all, but he didn't do a lot wrong here - if anything I thought he was a little lenient with the Tigers, particularly as he did nothing while Laurie almost ripped Te'o's head off near the end.

The Marshall sin-binning was justified given the run of penalties (all of which most definately were penalties) and Tigers fans need to man up and point the finger at their team for the loss - particularly Morris and Marshall's woeful decisions and execution. Blaming the refs is just a cop out.

Hell.................. it,s not ONLY the Knights you dislike Skeepey :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
My God, I think I have new respect for skeepe :|

:lol:

The d!ckhead who tackled the ref should be charged with assault but he'll probably get a section 10 knowing the court system.

As for the Benji sin-bin... about as deserving as Noddy last Friday... i.e. Not at all :x

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Anyone notice insanneink hasn't posted since last night? :sarcasm:

miccle

Bench
Anyone notice insanneink hasn't posted since last night? :sarcasm:

Seriously, has everyone seen the bloke who tackled the ref?

News reports now say a 25-year-old man is facing court on assault charges over the incident.

25? FMD. I guess 52, and I was being kind.

IanG

Coach
Q: How many beers did Mark Edwards have on Friday Night?
A: 2 Many

But yes he's been charged with common assault and entry to playing field without authority. They have him on tape so he's on toast. But yeah it's more a case of what punishment will be delt out.

The Tigers and NRL have already moved in and imposed a life ban on him.

We had a bloke up here get on the field try to tackle a Parramatta player back in 2005 and he was banned for life. The Knights had been hammered and we were in our bad losing streak.

Not to mention the fact that the serial pest has shown up here a few times.

Latest posts