What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R11 Sat :: Bulldogs 26 Storm 10 @ Bluetongue

Round 11 :: Bulldogs v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

renouf

Juniors
Ironically it's the way to beat the Broncos too. A great backline looks crap if they ain't getting the ball going forward.

Yeah maybe, we'll see in a few weeks time I guess. I still think Brisbane's backline is a slightly different proposition to Melbourne.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Yeah maybe, we'll see in a few weeks time I guess. I still think Brisbane's backline is a slightly different proposition to Melbourne.

For sure it is. But the same premise exists. Up fast and win the forward battle.

Brisbane have the best backline, and thus you have to get them on the backfoot so any ball they get is poor. Something the Dogs have been doing very well.

Though as I told my mate, I always tip the Broncos against the Dogs, as the head to head record speaks for itself.

ByRd

First Grade
I will give Holdsworth credit, i didnt have much faith in him but he stepped up and played well tonight. Also, a top effort especially with Noddy going off after 10mins, we just dominated and the Storm were never really in the game.

blakey792008

Juniors
How did Eastwood go, i think he was a great last minute buy as he adds the variety in our pack, the rest of the forwards are all great workers but Eastwood has that ability to bust the line with his footwork or pop a ball ,which is what the team really needed.

Gaba

First Grade
...well im not going to sit here and say "oh we will be back..blah blah" Ive been saying that since round 2! ...we keep putting in sh*thouse performance after sh*thouse performance. If we had the sharks team ild understand..but we dont...we have a great team, but are lazy f**ks for some reason this year.

The storm is finally showing how overrated no plans Bellamy is,and this year was always going to show him up he couldnt come up with plans to counter the 2 ref system

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
Good one Gaba :lol:
Showed i was right, the storm has got a coach what has no plans, and its too much for the players to come out week after week and figuring out the plans all the time while they are on the field playing,the only chance the dogs had of winning

Gaba

First Grade
Holdsworth absolutely stunned me to be honest. Controlled things, a great kicking game and worked very well with Ennis - a complete contrast to last week where I think he made some poor choices.

All in all we dominated. Melbourne maybe should've scored one or two more but they were by no means the better team. lolCronk for the Sin-bin, lolSlater for being Idris' speed-bump, and lolInglis for palming off Idris and getting smacked by Hazem.

Back on top, baby :D

Holdsworth probably liked the opportunity to be the one to run the show, like some players where they are 2nd fiddle to a player and that player goes off the other player lifts, and the team benefits, i dont think the dogs would have played the way they did with kimmorely

Last edited:

Noa

First Grade
Showed i was right, the storm has got a coach what has no plans, and its too much for the players to come out week after week and figuring out the plans all the time while they are on the field playing,the only chance the dogs had of winning

So they have no plans but they have a hard time figuring out all the plans on the field.

You really are a deadsh*t.

Gaba

First Grade
So they have no plans but they have a hard time figuring out all the plans on the field.

The players themselves have to come up with the plans on the field, they arent given any plans by the coach before they run on the field

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bulldogs by 18
Close...
I think we're gonna fire up after being robbed last week. Expecting a big one from Ennis with his last chance to impress the selectors. I'm going Bulldogs by 14.
Close...
Storm to be hammered by the short turnaround against a fresh Bulldogs. Bulldogs 38-10.
Score out but the premise was correct....
:? wtf? :
Gaba said:
Storm should win this by 30, but the worry is the storm has a coach with no game plans, its the players who are the ones who come up with the plays while they are on the field playing. The coach is lucky he has players skillful enough to get the storm home
You tipped the Storm and used Bellamy as a stop-gap.

And if Belly-ache doesn't have "plans", how the f**k has he managed three straight grand finals? Don't get me wrong I don't like Melbourne all that much but you can't doubt Bellamy's success...

aussies1st

Staff member
Dogs came out pumped for this match as I expected after last week while the Storm crumbled under the pressure of the Dogs defence. The Storm look more confident in attack with the chip kicks to Slater they are trying but had nothing in the opposition 20.

blakey792008

Juniors
Holdsworth probably liked the opportunity to be the one to run the show, like some players where they are 2nd fiddle to a player and that player goes off the other player lifts, and the team benefits, i dont think the dogs would have played the way they did with kimmorely

Gaba

You really have no idea ,they have won every game but 2 with Kimmorley playing and have been playing good football all year. For the benefit of everyone i really think you should crawl back in yours mothers womb and it be stitched shut. Even my 1 year old little boy makes more sense than you

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
Gaba

You really have no idea ,they have won every game but 2 with Kimmorley playing and have been playing good football all year. For the benefit of everyone i really think you should crawl back in yours mothers womb and it be stitched shut. Even my 1 year old little boy makes more sense than you

You made yourself look a fool, i was giving praise to holdsworth , its you who needs to craw back to where you came from

blakey792008

Juniors
You made yourself look a fool, i was giving praise to holdsworth , its you who needs to craw back to where you came from

You said they wouldnt play like that with Kimmorley ,they have played great footy with Kimmorley all year my friend ,your the fool im afraid,you just stick to your Illawarra Steelers thankyou

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: We could win the premiership and Gaba would find a way to tell us all it was just a fluke :lol:

Latest posts