What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R11 Sat :: Panthers 48 Roosters 6 @ CUA

Round 11 :: Panthers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

murraymob

Coach
guys can u clear something up for me?? i was at the game and had money on Jennings for first try scorer and me and everyone around us thought it was Jennings that went over. but i went to collect and they told me it was Frank Pritchard.

I SWEAR IT WAS JENNINGS

maybe i shoulda been wearing my glasses but...what did u guys see?

Sorry to tell you but pritchard was first try scorer

Kiki

First Grade
DAMNIT

i swear it wasnt just me i asked like 20 people and they all agreed. sigh

adamkungl

Immortal
f**king hell freddys lost the plot. Its like Rick Stuart 06, Anasta at Fb? Whatever Freddys smoking I want some.

Congrats Penrith, Jennings for NSW

Kiki

First Grade
damnit how weird everyone at the ground thought it was jennings and it wasnt. bye bye money sighhhh

Caged Panther

First Grade
Really, really happy with the performance tonight. I always thought we were capable of racking up a big score tonight if we went in with the right attitude but I didn't expect that from our defence. Excellent.

murraymob

Coach
big game by matty bell does not get the wraps of other forwards but his go forward is just as important

meters gained 105
tackles.............11 including a great one on one try saver

well done matt

Great win by the Panthers. Jennings is an absolute freak, most exciting player in the game today, in a year or two he may well be the best outside back going around.

Freddy has nothing, he is out of ideas, although it must be hard for him when his key players are not standing up.

Penrith just showed me that they are a genuine title chance if they can continue this form, although Origin will be tough for them, without Petero (who was outstanding again tonight), Jennings, Lewis and possibly Waterhouse.

mxlegend99

Referee
Wow. I knew we were more then capable of racking up a score, but i never expected it to actually happen. These easy games were the ones we used to struggle in. But we played how we should have played, and put them to the sword.

Great win for the Panthers. Michael Jennings has surely earned himself a NSW jersey. He f*cking destroyed the Roosters and proved his attack more then compensates for his occassional lapses in defence.

His 110m try was incredible. Can't belive that he could run from near his own deadball line and not have to contend with anyone really to score.

Kiki

First Grade
sassy and i were discussing the centres for the Blues. jennings is so amazing in attack and we need someone who can break the line like that. and i think Lyon will get a run.

but then Matt Cooper is so good in defence and we need a strong defensive back to contain the queenslanders. he had a good game tonite too. hmmmmm

mxlegend99

Referee
Well the NSW selectors do love to pick Matty Cooper. His game tonight certainly didn't hurt him. Although it's hard to ingore the attack that Michael Jennings showed tonight also.

Jamie Lyon is a certainty for once centre. The other would be a close call. Maybe they will throw Jennings on the wing outside of Lyon though?

Kiki

First Grade
actually yeh that could work, he could def fit in on the wing. who do u reckon will be on the other wing?

(sorry everyone for hijacking this thread with origin talk)

mxlegend99

Referee
You would have to imagine that Jarryd Hayne has secured himself a spot for sure.

Jarryd Hayne and Jamie Lyon are almost certainties. While Matt Cooper, Michael Jennings, James McManus and Joel Monaghan are competing for the last two positions. Although Monaghan probably shouldn't be in contention atm.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1. Kurt Gidley
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Matt Cooper
5. Michael Jennings

is how I think they'll play it. All deserve selection IMO.

abpanther

Staff member
I don't know about picking guys out of position for SOO, I say pick em in their position or don't pick them at all, we have no idea how Jennings will go under the high ball

sass

Juniors
You would have to imagine that Jarryd Hayne has secured himself a spot for sure.

Jarryd Hayne and Jamie Lyon are almost certainties. While Matt Cooper, Michael Jennings, James McManus and Joel Monaghan are competing for the last two positions. Although Monaghan probably shouldn't be in contention atm.

GAH I hate that after this weekend's game everyone is talking up hayne ... yes he played a great game but he is so inconsistent. I feel like he goes missing for weeks at a time. admittedly it doesn't help that he's been playing for a team that has had such a shocker of a season ... but really.

I think it's no chance of happening, but my gut says lyon, cooper/jennings, monaghan and mcmanus/williams.

I think monaghan can lift when he's not with the raiders. Ia lso like having his size and his leap against a winger like folau.

Spike

First Grade
I don't know about picking guys out of position for SOO, I say pick em in their position or don't pick them at all, we have no idea how Jennings will go under the high ball

Whilst I agree about no picking player out of position, didn't Jennings use to be a fullback when he was a junior or am I thinking of someone else as I'm sure he was saying that he wanted first crack at fullback when Wesser moved to Souths......

abpanther

Staff member
Whilst I agree about no picking player out of position, didn't Jennings use to be a fullback when he was a junior or am I thinking of someone else as I'm sure he was saying that he wanted first crack at fullback when Wesser moved to Souths......

He said he'd like to play fullback but he played Harold and SG Ball in the centres, for such a big game I don't like the idea.

I think they will go with

1. Gidley
2. Hayne
3. Lyon
4. Cooper
5. Monaghan

mxlegend99

Referee
As a Panthers fan it wouldn't be a bad thing. IMO he deserves a spot in the NSW side, but the less blokes picked from Penrith, and the more picked from the Dragons... the better off we are. :)

pantherz9103

First Grade
As a Panthers fan it wouldn't be a bad thing. IMO he deserves a spot in the NSW side, but the less blokes picked from Penrith, and the more picked from the Dragons... the better off we are. :)

I would like to see his good form rewarded, but I'm a little worried about our ability to cover for the absence of origin stars. We've done well to win 6 of our last 8 games to get up to 5th. It won't be easy to maintain it with key players out. That said the Dragons will have a few players missing too. We have a poor record away to the Dragons and they will be favoured to beat us, but if we defend like we did tonight we will be in a game.