What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R11 Sat :: Panthers 48 Roosters 6 @ CUA

Round 11 :: Panthers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

pen-main.jpg

PENRITH PANTHERS
1. Jarrod Sammut
2. Geoff Daniela 3. Michael Jennings 4. Maurice Blair 5. Shane Elford
6. Wade Graham 7. Luke Walsh
8. Frank Puletua 9. Paul Aiton 10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Gavin Cooper 12. Frank Pritchard
13. Luke Lewis

Interchange: 14. Nathan Smith 25. Lachlan Coote 16. Tim Grant 17. Matthew Bell
Reserves: 18. Joseph Paulo 19. Masada Iosefa

syd-alt.jpg

SYDNEY ROOSTERS
1. Jordan Tansey
2. Sam Perrett 3. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 4. Mitchell Aubusson 5. Sisa Waqa
6. Braith Anasta 7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Nate Myles 9. Jake Friend 10. Frank Paul Nuuausala
11. Willie Mason 12. Shane Shackleton
13. Setaimata Sa

Interchange: 14. Nick Kouparitsas 15. Ben Jones 16. Lopini Paea 17. Mark O'Meley

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Steve Lyons & Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: David Abood & Peter Kirby
Video Referee: Chris Ward

Toyota Cup Round 11
Penrith v Sydney
CUA Stadium, Saturday 5:15pm

NSW Cup Round 10 (Split Round)
Windsor (PEN) v Cronulla (CRO)
Windsor Sports Complex, Sat 30 May 5:00pm

Newtown (SYD) v Western Suburbs (WST)
Henson Park, Sat 23 May 3:00pm

r11-pensyd.jpg

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
On form you would have to think the Panthers would win here, but i can't remember the last time the Panthers won 4 games in a row.

We barely scraped in the win over the Sharks... but they played extremely well and showed some ticker unlike the Roosters have this season. I'm leaning toward the Panthers in a close game.. but with no confidence at all.

I much prefer playing teams on a winning streak then a losing streak.

Lambretta

First Grade
Mate - the Panthers always beat the Roosters - even when the Panthers are playing rubbish football. The Panthers ALWAYS lift for the Roosters.

The Panthers will win this with room to spare. Acres of room :(

It's good to see the draw being kind to the Roosters. We played the Knights after they hit form - then the Panthers in form and then we've got the Sea Eagles who are hitting form.

Oh and we've got all our byes around Origin instead of playing depleated sides. Damn and blast the draw. Why dont they skew the draw so it benefits the Roosters. I feel cheated :p

Sleep

Juniors
The Panthers injury worries are starting to build up. I've got a bad feeling about this game but it's no excuse. We should still win. I'd love to see us lead from the front and runaway with it. The Roosters have been horrible of late.

mxlegend99

Referee
Here's the form guide for teams the week after facing the Panthers:

Round 1 Sharks Sharks haven't won a game since
Round 2 Bulldogs R3: Titans def Bulldogs
Round 3 Sea Eagles R4: Knights def Sea Eagles
Round 4 Wests Tigers R5: Sea Eagles def Wests Tigers
Round 5 Storm R6: Wests Tigers def Storm
Round 6 Broncos R7: Broncos def Eels
Round 7 Titans R8: Titans def Souths
Round 8 Raiders R10: Storm def Raiders
Round 9 Bye
Round 10 Sharks

So far only two teams have won the week after playing the Panthers. So teams might be able to expect to pick up a win over us, but they shouldn't expect to hit form along with the win.

Lambretta

First Grade
So can anyone confirm the rumours that O'Sullivan has suggested that the Roosters add a questionairre to the contracts they get players to sign?

My mail has it that the questions will be multiple choice answers.

Heres a sample

Question
an opposition player plays the ball and you find yourself at marker. Do you

a) Stand facing the crowd so the referee can penalise you for not standing square?

b) Look for your girlfriend in the crowd or wave to your mum

c) Start thinking about which bar you're going to spend your salary in this weekend

The player in front of you has fallen asleep at marker and you're the nearest option the club has in defence. Do you

a) Flap your arms hopelessly like a 3 year old doing a helicopter impression

b) Turn around to plod back towards your own goal line as you're too slow to stop the man with the ball, so why bother trying

c) Look pleadingly at someone else to come to your aid.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
So can anyone confirm the rumours that O'Sullivan has suggested that the Roosters add a questionairre to the contracts they get players to sign?

My mail has it that the questions will be multiple choice answers.

Heres a sample

Question
an opposition player plays the ball and you find yourself at marker. Do you

a) Stand facing the crowd so the referee can penalise you for not standing square?

b) Look for your girlfriend in the crowd or wave to your mum

c) Start thinking about which bar you're going to spend your salary in this weekend

The player in front of you has fallen asleep at marker and you're the nearest option the club has in defence. Do you

a) Flap your arms hopelessly like a 3 year old doing a helicopter impression

b) Turn around to plod back towards your own goal line as you're too slow to stop the man with the ball, so why bother trying

c) Look pleadingly at someone else to come to your aid.

If you answered a,b or c to either of those questions you are well on the way to playing FG for the Roosters.

mxlegend99

Referee
Mate - the Panthers always beat the Roosters - even when the Panthers are playing rubbish football. The Panthers ALWAYS lift for the Roosters.
I took your word for this originally. But i was just reading a preview, and the Roosters have won 6 of the last 8 games against the Panthers. We haven't beaten the Roosters at Penrith stadium since Round 12 in 2002. The only home game we have won against the Roosters since then, was when we played at Telstra Stadium in 2004.

Hopefully that goes in our favour. We need to get a win against the Roosters at CUA Stadium.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I took your word for this originally. But i was just reading a preview, and the Roosters have won 6 of the last 8 games against the Panthers. We haven't beaten the Roosters at Penrith stadium since Round 12 in 2002. The only home game we have won against the Roosters since then, was when we played at Telstra Stadium in 2004.

Hopefully that goes in our favour. We need to get a win against the Roosters at CUA Stadium.

We also hadn't beaten the Sharks at Penrith since 2002 before last weekend. We had our first win against Canberra in Canberra for 5 years before that, so I think this is a year for breaking trends. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

The Anasta experiment is a disaster! The players haven't had much of a dig this year but if we lose Fittler can take full responsibility for this one.

Latest posts