What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R12 Fri :: Dragons 38 Panthers 10 @ WIN Wollongong

Round 12 :: Dragons v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Mick

Referee
Great tackle by Coote though, one of the best you'll ever see.

Nice work by Sammut.

Great tackle...how he made up 2-3 metres sideways...with Hornby only having 5 metres to run..and to grab him and turn him away from the line...great tackle.

Big Mick

Referee
Geez i'm proud of these kids.

Losing their 4 most experienced players who have about 500 games experience...replaced by Grant, McKendry, Iosefa, Paulo who are all under 21..and to put the heart in they are...is great.

Rodent

Bench
Panthers threw everything they had at the dragons early. Incredible line speed from the choccies in defence but towards the end of the half they couldn't keep it up. This game is looking like most other dragons games....they don't look as good as their opponents but are in front on the scoreboard. I think the dragons can go on with it in the 2nd half as the choccy soldier defence gets tired.

murraymob

Coach
walsh needs to take the line on its not good enough to just catch and pass.Masada also has to get out of dummy half and run it more

woowoo

Juniors
Geez i'm proud of these kids.

Losing their 4 most experienced players who have about 500 games experience...replaced by Grant, McKendry, Iosefa, Paulo who are all under 21..and to put the heart in they are...is great.

You seen who the dragons are without as well champion???

No cooper, weyman, poore, creagh, saffy, boyd, smith, prior

you probably wouldn't know

Big Mick

Referee
You seen who the dragons are without as well champion???

No cooper, weyman, poore, creagh, saffy, boyd, smith, prior

you probably wouldn't know

Yes I do smarta$$...I'm absolutely positive that I also know more than you do.

But you have depth at each position to cover them...we are covering them with kids. The only KIDS you have there is really Merrin

I've got no doubt you guys are without players...i've conceded that previously...but we only have 5 guys really in our team with any experience...4 of them are not there. Big difference.

skeepe

Immortal
Panthers have been the better team IMO, just need to cut the errors out. A few suspect calls going in the Dragons favour, but with home team Steve Lyons and Jason Robinson out there it's to be expected.

I'd like to see Sammut get a bit more involved, he should be looking to run off McKendrie who had his hands free a few time but nobody in support. Luke Walsh should run it a bit more often, he looks the goods when he does.

Dragons forwards need to aim up. They're sloppy at marker, letting the Panthers make far too many easy metres out of dummy half.

I think the Dragons will crack in the second half, and the Panthers to win by 14.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Was very impressed with Mckendry when he came on. Iosefa gives me a heart attack every time he touches the ball, ation needs to be put back out there he can go the 80.

bigfoot

Juniors
Proud of the effort from the boys, IMO we have been on top for most of the half, just had a few too many errors and a few dodgy penalties go against us. That said, Aiton knocked on from dummy-half and that was missed, and Iosefa could easily have gone to the sin-bin, so at least it's not all going one way.

Rodent

Bench
The dragons are doing pretty well with 8 of their top 17 out including 6 origin/test standard players. It's drawing a long bow to suggest the panthers are doing so well despite their big names missing.
It's a pretty even game but I'm hoping the dragons play well for 80minutes. I'm doubting the panthers can maintain the rage for 80.

skeepe

Immortal
Dangerous throw followed by a strip, Dragonson rules knock on. Suppose this is the guy who penalized McKinnon for spear tackling himself so no surprises.

Dragons score, thanks largely to the referee.