What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R12 Sun :: Knights 22 Bulldogs 14 @ EnergyAustralia

Round 12 :: Knights v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Apey, you've got NFI if you think Idris' was a no-try. There was no separation. Any other ground on any other day = try.

Apey

Staff member
Apey, you've got NFI if you think Idris' was a no-try. There was no separation. Any other ground on any other day = try.

He didn't have control of it whatsoever.

If you had actually bothered to read what I posted, I said by today's rules I was surprised to see it not awarded. However if that's deemed to have control of a football then that's pretty sad.

Yes Timmah. Anyone who disagrees with Lord f**kwit has no idea. Go quote every other person who has agreed it's a no try and share your wisdom.

Timmah

Staff member
He grounded the ball and there was no knock on, there is simply no question about that. It was a try in every sense of the word - he had downward pressure on the ball.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Ok, my two cents worth RE: Idris no try. This is purely and simply from a view of the (not so) big screen some 150 metres away.

I couldn't definitely say it was a try and there wasn't a slight knock-on, however, I couldn't say it definitely, without any shadow of a doubt WAS a try. So I would have been happy if it was awarded "TRY - BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT", because really, we deserved to concede the try because of what Wes did, or in this case, didn't, do.

Onto the game, I thought our first half was outstanding - plenty of enthusiasm and tackled ourselves to a standstill. The first 15 minutes of the game was where it was won and lost. We had pretty much no ball and defended like trojans and then went up the other end and went BANG, BANG. Second half, we had eight less possessions than the Dogs', so it wasn't really surprising they came back.

All in all, a great win by the boys - onto Parra next week in a game where, if we're fair dinkum, we should win. All the best for the rest of the season Dogs' fans.

Apey

Staff member
He grounded the ball and there was no knock on, there is simply no question about that. It was a try in every sense of the word - he had downward pressure on the ball.

Can't really say anything else. Persuading people's eyes never works so we'll just have to leave it at disagreement.

Surprised you didn't take the bait either. :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
Personally I think the video refs have a vendetta on Idris :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Timmah

Staff member
Can't really say anything else. Persuading people's eyes never works so we'll just have to leave it at disagreement.

Surprised you didn't take the bait either. :lol:

I'm not terribly displeased with the loss at the end of the day, I'm not too unreasonable to expect that we should win every game all year. I'm pleased with the fightback and was impressed with how well Newcastle played in the first 40 and last 15 minutes.

A fantastic game, great atmosphere and a fantastic crowd. Tragedy these teams only play once in 2009.

:lol: :lol: :lol:!!!!! So, Skeepey and Charlie, how's the view looking like from down there?

Still gotta find a gem of a post by Charlie after our loss last week. When I find it, it's being put in for another bit of a laugh.

Bahaha, he is a barrel of laughs that clown :lol:

ironhorse

Juniors
I'm not terribly displeased with the loss at the end of the day, I'm not too unreasonable to expect that we should win every game all year. I'm pleased with the fightback and was impressed with how well Newcastle played in the first 40 and last 15 minutes.

A fantastic game, great atmosphere and a fantastic crowd. Tragedy these teams only play once in 2009.

Exactly . the better side won , the dogs simply cant let in 20 points and expect to win against teams especially on opposition home grounds . Knights were focused and obviously took the game on all week Canterbury probably didnt and paid the penalty for it .

skeepe

Immortal
That's at least 3 games this season where the referees have directly given the Knights a win - the Warriors and Titans games spring to mind.

Idris - that was a try any day of the week. No doubt about it.
Mika - clear and obvious knock-on by Naiqama in the lead-up. Again, no doubt about it.

Bulldogs were dudded 6 points, Knights were handed 6 points that they shouldn't have had. All things being even, the means the Knights have won solely because of those two unbelievably bad decisions.

If the referees were the slightest bit competent, the Knights would have 6 less competition points on the ladder. This would then truly reflect the sort of team that they are - somewhere around 12th spot, which is where they'll be come the end of the season anyway.

Apey

Staff member
That's at least 3 games this season where the referees have directly given the Knights a win - the Warriors and Titans games spring to mind.

Mika - clear and obvious knock-on by Naiqama in the lead-up. Again, no doubt about it.

Bulldogs were dudded 6 points, Knights were handed 6 points that they shouldn't have had. All things being even, the means the Knights have won solely because of those two unbelievably bad decisions.

If the referees were the slightest bit competent, the Knights would have 6 less competition points on the ladder. This would then truly reflect the sort of team that they are - somewhere around 12th spot, which is where they'll be come the end of the season anyway.

I love how much it's eating you up that we're 4th and you're... hell, I don't even know what you guys are coming. I imagine you're down the bottom somewhere drowning in insignificance :D

Jobdog

Live Update Team

:lol: It's been said many times before, and I'll say it again. f**k you are a sad merkin Skeepe.

And I'm also pretty sure that post-Warriors and Titans games, Robert Finch and/or Billy Harrigan didn't say any of the decisions in those games were wrong.

Last edited:

Bicey_18

Bench
had a feeling the knights had a chance, dont think they will be a threat to the comp though, the way the knights always let sides back in once they get the lead of 8 or over.I know the knights had players out but they done this with the other players as well.

Hypocritical much?

Remind us what happened in the Dragons V Bulldogs game?

Didnt the Dragons lead 14-0 at one stage? To win by just 2 points and really should have lost.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Hypocritical much?

Remind us what happened in the Dragons V Bulldogs game?

Didnt the Dragons lead 14-0 at one stage? To win by just 2 points and really should have lost.
Didnt the Knights also run the Dragons down after being behind 14-6 at half time :lol:

Gaba you dribbler